“Best place for a family vacation!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Winnetu Oceanside Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Edgartown
Winnetu Oceanside Resort
You added Winnetu Oceanside Resort to your Saves list
31 Dunes Rd, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02539   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Edgartown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Raynham, Massachusetts
“Best place for a family vacation!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I traveled to the Winnetu because my family was visiting from another country at the middle of May. I traveled with a total of 11 people from ages 5 to 87, and there was something for all of us at the hotel. We stayed in 4 different suites that were very nice and there was plenty of room. The best part about them is that they have an extra half bathroom. The hotel had a giant chess set, foosball table, ping pong tables, Frisbee, and other countless games. The pool was incredibly warm, so we were able to go in it even though it was a bit chilly. There is a beautiful pond with really nice andrionack chairs to sit and relax. The beach walk is about 5 minutes and the beach is huge. The breakfast was included in our stay and it was excellent. The best employee was Chip from Romania by far who was very helpful and helped me fix a confusion with the breakfast bills. All in all an excellent vacation!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stayed in an Aquinnah 2 BR suite at the Winnetu with our two kids for three days in April. The suite was very nice and large enough that we could hang out while the kids slept in the other area. There isn't a door between the second bedroom and the kitchen/living room area however, so there is really only privacy in the master bedroom. The suite had a large deck with a view to the ocean from the third floor. When we were there the hotel was probably only at 25% occupancy so I don't know what its like when all the rooms are full.

Breakfast was nice, although apparently only offered off season? The kids really liked the firetruck ride, the foosball and pingpong tables. We all really liked the short walk to beautiful South Beach.

One layout note - the Aquinnah suite is an L-shaped suite with the living room and master bedroom opening onto the deck. The inside of the L is a single room with attaching door to the little hallway from the master bedroom to the living room. This wasn't a problem as the room was empty, but I guess it's slightly less private (as all attached rooms in any hotel are).

Room Tip: Get a third floor room for a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Coventry Ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We just got back from our 8th trip to The Winnetu. If at all possible, each trip gets better and better. It's all the little things that they do that makes the difference. I met the General Manager Dan one day while we were there and he went out of his way to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. Just a down to earth guy who seemed to very much enjoy what he is doing. The grounds are beautifully kept. The rooms are immaculate ( which is a must for my wife ). The food at Lure is delicious. The nice short walk to South Beach is great. The Winnetu has been and will continue to be a vacation spot for my family. Thank you to everyone there. You exceeded our expectations in every way possible.

Room Tip: We liked the rooms on the 3rd floor. You get ocean view from there.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Winnetu this past May, 2013, with another couple and we loved it so much I am in the process of booking another trip this May. While I am reminiscing, I thought I would write a review.

We were looking for that "all-inclusive" type resort where we could do anything...or nothing, right there at the resort, and it turned out the Winnetu was the perfect spot. We decided to rent bikes, so the hotel had them delivered to the resort for us. We played tennis, took morning walks on beautiful South Beach and had evening cocktails watching the sun set from our lovely patio.

The two bedroom cottage where we stayed (called Cape Pogue) was perfect for two couples or a family. It had two nicely decorated bedrooms, kitchen, dining area, living room, patio, hot tub and three bathrooms. Aside from the Winnetu's perfect location, they also offer a restaurant, cafe, gift shop and free shuttle service to Edgartown. We were all impressed with the entire staff's "eagerness to please" and loved both of the dinner recommendations from the concierge (The Atlantic and Chesca's).

We can't wait to get back to the Winnetu this May for another fabulous weekend. I highly recommend this resort for a perfect getaway weekend or better yet, summer vacation!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Wellesley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We rented a Winnetu Condo in August for two weeks with another family...hated to leave! The condo was clean and beautifully appointed, close to the beach, next door to the pool and gym. Our kids loved the summer camp and rolled out of bed and ran out the door to the kids free summer camp from 9-12 noon. During the rest of the day we could do stuff or not...our kids were happy at the playground and the large lawns and pool or we packed up and drove onto Norton Beach where we had incredible views of the Atlantic and saw several seals. Probably the best thing about the Winnetu and the condos and Martha's Vineyard is that time slows down with old fashioned fun and time to just be together. Leave your electronics behind (cell phones, ipads, computers) and you will know you are in paradise!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I have been coming to the Vineyard for the past 16 years. After we had our daughter we still wanted to come but needed a family friendly enviornment and this was THE place. The pools are well kept and beautiful (dancing fountains are great fun for all), the kids camp is a MUST for parents who want a little "me" time and there is even child care during dinner so you can feel like adults and know your child is safe and having fun. The rooms are clean and well maintained and the staff is top notch... they can help you out with everything. We love the Lobster Bake that happens in July and August. Tons of food, activities for the kids and it is such a happy, relaxing atmosphere. It was also nice to see the camp counselors at the event and they knew all the kids by name immediately. The beach is a 5 minute walk away and if you have a car and don't want to walk, just hop in and you are there in a minute. I tell all our friends about the Winnetu and highly recommend it to anyone who is curious about the Vineyard and has a family.

Room Tip: We usually get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor, but found if you have kids that like to run, request...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I would love to say we had a wonderful vacation; however, if the reservation system is any indication as to the level of service to be expected, then count me out.

I have been trying for three weeks to make a reservation for opening season. I tried online only to get error after error. I tried calling multiple times, but only to be put on hold and then the call disconnected before anyone helping. I tried e-mailing (twice) and I tried filling out the prompt on their main website that asks for me number and/or e-mail with promises someone will contact me.

My family and I planned on staying for two weeks after reading great reviews, but for a "resort" who I am going to be paying thousands of dollars to I expect a little more attention from the beginning. They obviously aren't too eager to book guests and when travelling by air with a family I can't wait until last minute to make reservations.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
susanthomp3, Manager at Winnetu Oceanside Resort, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
I am the Director of Reservations for the Winnetu and am responsible for our Reservations department. After receiving this review, I sat down with our full team to discuss the issues raised by this reviewer. We have checked all of our inquiries since December 28, 2013, including e-mails, and can't find any from this reviewer or any requests for information on our Web-inquiry system. Every request that we receive has a notated response and action taken by us. We receive numerous requests every day, including those by telephone.

These reviewer comments are very troubling to me, as we take a great deal of time to personally get to know our guests and their needs. I would be grateful if this reviewer could contact me personally, so that I can get to the bottom of this matter. I am in the office Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) and can be reached by e-mail at a.hindley@vineyardnantucketresorts.com or telephone at (508) 310-9922, x7836. I look forward to hearing from this guest as soon as possible.

- Adrienne Hindley, Reservations Manager

Been to Winnetu Oceanside Resort? Share your experiences!