We stayed in an Aquinnah 2 BR suite at the Winnetu with our two kids for three days in April. The suite was very nice and large enough that we could hang out while the kids slept in the other area. There isn't a door between the second bedroom and the kitchen/living room area however, so there is really only privacy in the master bedroom. The suite had a large deck with a view to the ocean from the third floor. When we were there the hotel was probably only at 25% occupancy so I don't know what its like when all the rooms are full.
Breakfast was nice, although apparently only offered off season? The kids really liked the firetruck ride, the foosball and pingpong tables. We all really liked the short walk to beautiful South Beach.
One layout note - the Aquinnah suite is an L-shaped suite with the living room and master bedroom opening onto the deck. The inside of the L is a single room with attaching door to the little hallway from the master bedroom to the living room. This wasn't a problem as the room was empty, but I guess it's slightly less private (as all attached rooms in any hotel are).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 52 air-conditioned studios and suites and two cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Island Adventure Trips. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale Lure Grill restaurant located on-site. Resort open late April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard