My husband and I stayed at the Winnetu this past May, 2013, with another couple and we loved it so much I am in the process of booking another trip this May. While I am reminiscing, I thought I would write a review.
We were looking for that "all-inclusive" type resort where we could do anything...or nothing, right there at the resort, and it turned out the Winnetu was the perfect spot. We decided to rent bikes, so the hotel had them delivered to the resort for us. We played tennis, took morning walks on beautiful South Beach and had evening cocktails watching the sun set from our lovely patio.
The two bedroom cottage where we stayed (called Cape Pogue) was perfect for two couples or a family. It had two nicely decorated bedrooms, kitchen, dining area, living room, patio, hot tub and three bathrooms. Aside from the Winnetu's perfect location, they also offer a restaurant, cafe, gift shop and free shuttle service to Edgartown. We were all impressed with the entire staff's "eagerness to please" and loved both of the dinner recommendations from the concierge (The Atlantic and Chesca's).
We can't wait to get back to the Winnetu this May for another fabulous weekend. I highly recommend this resort for a perfect getaway weekend or better yet, summer vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 52 air-conditioned studios and suites and two cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Island Adventure Trips. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale Lure Grill restaurant located on-site. Resort open late April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard