Let me first start off and say the Winnetu property is situated on a beautiful stretch of property. The service was very good, the location is perfect for biking into town.
The rooms ($700.00 per night) are not worthy of a four star rating. The showers are preformed plastic, not tile. The is no fan in the bathroom (MOLD??). The rooms are average, clean but 3 star only! It is a perfect family resort for a quick getaway.
Getting to Martha's Vineyard by car is an abomination! If you book last minute on a holiday weekend you may be forced to take a 30 minute bus ride from the parking lot on the mainland, to the boat itself. I am astonished that the Ferry/Massachusetts operators cannot accomodate visitors by buying up land closer to the actual ferry! Again, we did not drive over on the ferry! We decided to not bring our car, so we were at the mercy of this antiquated parking system! Biking to and from the hotel is not a problem, and the shuttles do run like clockwork!
Alchemy is a good choice for dinner! Breakfast is very limited. No sit-down air conditioned places to eat your eggs or pancakes!! Odd! Won't visit again soon. My advice is to stop and stay in Newport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 52 air-conditioned studios and suites and two cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Island Adventure Trips. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale Lure Grill restaurant located on-site. Resort open late April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard