“Do not pass this adventure up!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 18 Activities in Edgartown
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Plan Sea Adventures Boat Charter offers private boat charters on Martha’s Vineyard and Cape Cod. Charter a full/half-day or by the hour on our motor vessel. Seal Tours, Fishing for Kids, Sightseeing. Come share the fun!
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Do not pass this adventure up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I would click more rating points if they were available.

I recently took a short trip to the Vineyard from mainland Massachusetts. Thinking a boat charter would be a fun thing to do, I began my Google quest. I came across Plan Sea and read the website offerings which seemed right up our alley. I quickly contacted Capt Dave and made a reservation explaining that I was new to the Island and, as such, wanted to leave the details up to him. I have yet to be more pleasantly surprised! Capt Dave took us on one of the most unique and enjoyable experiences we have had. We saw the Islands from a perspective we would never have through a typical tour bus or car. The scenery was absolutely spectacular equally matched by Capt Dave's professionalism, boating ability, and personal knowledge of the area (not to mention his hilarious story telling). He created a trip agenda specific for us and did not disappoint. By the end of our trip, we were literally begging him to offer his services in Boston or the North Shore. Perhaps we can still coax him into that!

I cannot recommend Plan Sea enough! I know that I will be contacting him again should I visit the Island in the future! Thanks for a great day, Capt Dave!! We will see you soon!

Visited June 2013
davet007, Owner at Plan Sea Adventures Boat Charters, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Stacie,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. You ladies were great crew. We couldn't have asked for better weather for our sightseeing tour of Gay Head Aquinnah, Tarpaulin Cove Elizabeth Islands, Cuttyhunk and Menemsha Harbor. I thoroughly enjoyed hearing your comments that it's hard to believe that this beauty is so close to Boston.

You are welcome to book another sightseeing charter anytime and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Capt. Dave

Montvale, NJ
“An Amazing Day for My Family With a Wonderful Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My family went out with Captain Dave on a nearly four-hour tour of Edgartown Harbor and beyond. Capt. Dave made such a wonderful day for my two boys, ages 7 and 4, showing them all of the instruments on the boat, taking them to see osprey nests and clam farmers and then teaching them how to fish (with live eels!). Each of my guys caught one and Capt. Dave helped them reel it in. He even reminded this 40-year-old how to cast a line.

Such a friendly guy who knew the area so well. My wife and I learned a lot and we have been coming to the Vineyard for the last 15 summers. In all of those years, it was one of our greatest highlights. My oldest son asked the minute we got off the boat "so we are doing that every year, right?" They had such a great time telling the whole family about their adventure with Capt. Dave.

Can not recommend a trip with him enough!

Visited July 2012
davet007, Owner at Plan Sea Adventures Boat Charters, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I was reviewing my reviews and realized that I haven't heard from you this summer. Let the boys know that the fish[es?] they caught and released is much bigger this year. Let us know if we can be of service.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nothing Short of Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Thanks to Captain Dave for a wonderful afternoon on the Plan Sea. Picture it: lifelong friends, a picnic basket of goodies and some of the most breathtaking scenery Martha's Vineyard has to offer. Easily the highlight of our vacation. We highly recommend that everyone skip Plan A and Plan B...and head straight to Plan Sea.

Visited July 2012
, Owner at Plan Sea Adventures Boat Charters, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thanks for the review. So glad your cruise was a memorable one. I appreciate your group's flexibility in splitting into morning and afternoon groups of four so that we could accommodate you aboard Plan Sea. I'm sure we'll see you again next year because you all got that Vineyard passion!
boston
“Cruising Perfection!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Many thanks to Capt. Dave for a truly memorable cruise around Martha's Vineyard. From the initial point of correspondence, his prompt and professional insight helped us plan a fantastic cruise around the most beautiful views of the island. His knowledge and history of the island, combined with a great sense of humor made our sunset adventure a highlight of our trip to MV. Don't miss this opportunity to see the island the way that Capt. Dave does it... it's cruising perfection!!!

All the Best,

Erin & Stefan

Visited August 2011
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Perfect Way to End Our Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Our group's ages ranged from 65 to 15-- you try planning an adventure with this disparity. Capt. Dave was accommodating in all aspects, from departure to drop-off point. He turned our "scared of the ocean" 21 year old into a boat lover! She even posted to Facebook from the boat! All of us enjoyed the 4 hours aboard Plan Sea, and no one was ready for the day to end.

Captain Dave put us landlubbers at ease on the ocean. He was filled with interesting information about the area, about boating, and really knew how to appeal to all of our ages. The 15 year old had the experience of a lifetime piloting the vessel, and now I am afraid has a need for speed. The 21 year old was just commenting on how huge seals are, and how she is no longer afraid being out on the ocean. All aboard said they would definitely go again! We still don't think 4 hours was long enough!

We had a marvelous time, perfect weather with calm seas created an unforgetable family memory! What a way to end a vacation. Thanks Dave.

Visited August 2011
davet007, Owner at Plan Sea Adventures Boat Charters, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
We like turning land lubbers into sea lovers!

Thanks Mary S for the positive feedback.