“Great massage, but not great end.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 17 Activities in Edgartown
More attraction details
Owner description: Yoga on the Vine is a professionally run, spiritually centered yoga studio located at The Triangle in Edgartown, Massachusetts on the island of Martha's Vineyard. We offer daily yoga class including Vinyasa, Hatha, Hot Yoga and several other styles. Our classes and teachers are adaptable to the beginner as well as the experienced yoga practitioner. The studio has ample, on site parking, online enrollment, mats, towels, water and props. There is a highly reviewed spa next door. Yoga on the Vine is right on the bike path in Edgartown which is a vibrant hub for beachgoers and tourists alike. The space is not huge so enrolling in advance or coming early is advised, We look forward to your visit. Namaste.
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Great massage, but not great end.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

My wife and I got a couple's massage from Sebastian and Tanya. I had Tanya, and I thought she was just terrific. I felt fantastic afterward.

My wife got Sebastian and had a similar outstanding experience up until the very end, when someone knocked on the door. Sebastian abruptly stopped her session, told her that the hour was over now and answered the door (it was UPS). Tanya finished my session in the usual and appropriately very relaxing way. My wife had to just wait there on the table while I got the last 5 minutes of my massage.

Seems when you own a massage studio, you should pre-arrange that UPS is not supposed to knock. It was a slightly disappointing end to an otherwise outstanding massage.

Reading back, this seems like sort of a negative review, but I really don't mean for it to be (4 stars with the one knocked off for answering the door). I would definitely recommend it to anyone. Just ask Sebastian to leave a note on the door before your session starts.

Visited June 2012

Alexandria, Va.
“One of the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I suffer from fibromyalgia and get regular massages. When I was vacationing in Martha's Vineyard, I decided to try Conscious Massage and Yoga. Definitely would rate in the top 10 massages of my life. Sebastian combined and east and west methods. When I left I felt energized yet relaxed. I still fee good from it, and it has been 3 weeks. Truly amazing. After a long bike ride, nothing like it!

Visited September 2011
Boston
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

My husband and I booked a last minute couples massage one rainy morning during our Vineyard visit. It was the perfect way to start our day! Sebastian and his colleague (name slipped my mind, Sorry!!) worked on us. They did an excellent job with the massage, shared some of their knowledge with us, and we even had a few laughs. It was one of the highlights of our trip.

I have never felt so great leaving a massage in my life. We will definitely go back next time we visit!

Visited September 2011
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Its really good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Massage was really good. Ambiance is really nice..good music and it was very professioanal

Visited July 2011
West Tisbury
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

The experience at Conscious Massage was marvelous. The receptionist was welcoming, and our therapist was amazing. I have never felt so relaxed coming out of a session and hope to go back as soon as I can!