Martha's Vineyard is a long drive (7 hours) and a ferry ride away for us if we drive. Luckily, we are able to make it in less than 2 hours by private plane, which allows us to head there on a moments notice if the weather is going to be pleasant there. Invariably, we call the Victorian Inn and hope we can find a room, as it is one of our favorite Bed and Breakfast's.
Located on the edge of downtown, the inn is an historic, typical, Martha's Vineyard whaling captain's home...not to mention having a role in the movie "Jaws" (home of the Amityville doctor). Because it may be older doesn't mean "old". This attractive B and B has been remodeled and updated to be just plain comfortable. Rooms may be somewhat smaller (certainly not tiny) but remember, it's an historic home, in an historic town.
Breakfast is usually a choice of several items that encourage your thought early in the mornings. The day we stayed, we had a choice of banana pancakes, homemade granola with nuts, berries and yogurt, or a California croissant with egg, that looked delicious, although my wife and I couldn't pass up the banana pancakes! As one of the owners,Steve, passed around the coffee, we continued to be entertained with his humorous tales of the island.
In short, the Victorian Inn isn't one of the biggest places to stay on Martha's Vineyard. It isn't one of the most luxurious...but it's a very comfortable Bed and Breakfast, in what I consider one of the best locations on the island...as well as being a good value for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Victorian Inn is an attractive Inn with the casual elegance of a restored Whaling Captain's Home on the Island of Martha's Vineyard in historical Edgartown, Massachusetts. We have maintained the tradition and charm of that era and await you as our guests for a relaxing, hospitable and comfortable vacation. Situated on the lovely South Water Street where many sea captains built their mansions; directly across from the famous Pagoda Tree, one block above the town dock and harbor; just a short stroll to many fine restaurants, quaint shops, museums and art galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Victorian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victorian Hotel Edgartown
- Victorian Inn Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard