“one nite stay with my golden doodle” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
$10 off room rate
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
West Simsbury, Connecticut
“one nite stay with my golden doodle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

my stay was fine- it can be so challenging with a dog to find a place to stay. The front desk was very nice, even gave my dog a treat and welcomed him into the lobby! I arrived late, but was told in advance to go to the Sheraton for check in, which had all of my info

We had a first floor room that worked out just fine

thanks!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Cassandra_Innkeeper, Innkeeper at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
"mtdjef", I am happy to hear you had a nice stay with us! We are also glad you were able to bring your "golden doodle" with you. It is challenging to find pet friendly lodging on the Cape and we are glad we are able to offer some of our rooms for those traveling with their pets. We hope to see you again and thank you for your review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wakefield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I had read the reviews after I booked and was a little nervous but I had to have a place to bring my small dog. I didn't see a fee for bringing pets and the invoice didn't include one. However, after paying the deposit, I received an email with the price confirmed and a second email with the new price confirmed, which included a fee. I asked what it was for and they told me it was for the dog. Then they credited it back to me without any conversation. I thought that was very telling of their great customer service. So, we went. One of the reviews I read mentioned cockroaches and the rebuttal stated that they did not have any bug issue. I didn't know what to think. I saw a brown beatle like bug on the rug when we first got there and got a little nervous, then saw another in the bathroom and became more nervous. I don't know if they were cockroaches or not. I never saw another one in two days except one on my car and one on the sidewalk. This made me think they were regular, outdoor bugs. I didn't see any ticks or spiders as were mentioned in the other reviews but I did rent a house on the Cape last year and saw spiders and ticks. I don't think you can go to the Cape without seeing spiders and ticks. In any case, they gave cookies in the main lobby, guests are allowed to also use the Four Points indoor pool next door, the outdoor pool was clean and the indoor pool was clean. They also give dog bones in the main lobby and there is a very kind and helpful lady there. Our beds were not only clean but very comfortable. One thing I think is VERY important to mention; I thought that because the place is pet friendly it might smell like animals. It wasn't the case at all. Never once did the scent of other animals pop up. It was very, very clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cassandra_Innkeeper, Innkeeper at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
"hjfr" thank you so very much for your honest feedback. We try very hard to keep bugs out of the guestrooms. With the doors opening right out to the outside it tends to be an occasional issue. As you mentioned summertime on the Cape is hard to keep every bug away. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, found the staff kind and helpful, beds comfortable and clean and smelling as it should. We do hope to have you and your dog with us again. Again thank you for taking the time to post this review!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Second time staying here and it was great yet again. The fact that it's very pet friendly is what keeps us coming back. They do not have crazy stipulations for having your dog there like many other places on the cape do. There was plenty of room to walk our German Shepherd around on the property. The rooms are decent. The staff is GREAT, very friendly. The hammocks, picnic tables, bbq's, and pool make it easy to relax outside. Although we didn't use them, the amenities at the Four Points Sheraton next door are also available to people staying at the Ocean Park Inn. I recommend it to anyone that wants to bring their dog with them on vacation to the cape!

Stayed July 2014
"Cbgtgrl" we are happy to see you becoming one of our regulars. We are glad you enjoyed your second stay with us and we hope to see you return year after year! We do love pets you are correct about that. Thanks again for taking the time to share your stay with everyone.
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a week. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean, and the amenities of the Sheraton are available. I think that this is a very good choice for an affordable get-away on the Cape.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cassandra_Innkeeper, Innkeeper at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
"Sylvia M" I am so glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay at our inn. We hope, if you are in the area, you will visit us again! Thank you for your feedback.
Andover, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

When we checked in we were warmly welcomed and everything seemed fine. We enjoyed a nice swim at the indoor pool at the Sheraton. The pipes in the ceiling rattled whenever someone used the bathroom in the room above us. The noise stopped and we were able to sleep. In the morning I found a tick in the bed my son had been sleeping in. Then a little later a tick walked over my son's leg while he was sitting on the bed. There were spiders in the bathtub and the shower curtain was moldy. Finding the second tick did it for us. We quickly packed up and told the front desk. She showed no compassion or concern. She pretty much said that there is nothing they can do about bugs. There is always something to be done. I was disgusted.

Room Tip: Beware of ticks in your bed.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
"BaseballMom17" Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our inn, as I do wish it was a better experience, I thank you for telling us so we can correct the issues you mentioned. As for the ticks it is very hard to say how the 2 got into your room. We typically do not have issues with ticks in our guestrooms. They may have come from outside on clothing or from a pet, as ticks are unfortunately everywhere this time of year, the beach, trails and grass. I do hope that if you are in the area you will give us another try.
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

The Ocean Park Inn is a great place to have a large gathering. The large open lawn, picnic tables, and grills, as well as outdoor pool and access to the indoor pool at the neighboring hotel, allowed for every member of our 100 person group to enjoy themselves. Rooms were spacious. Bathrooms were a bit small, but worked well for our family of 4. The staff were very accomodating to such a large gathering and were very welcoming. The housekeeping staff was excellent! We would return to this hotel without reservation for another stay.

Room Tip: 2 Queen Bed room was a great size for 2 teenagers and 2 adults.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Cassandra_Innkeeper, Innkeeper at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review. It always makes us feel happy to see our guests enjoy their time with us. We hope to be seeing you again real soon!
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

While the staff was extremely blind and helpful, the quality of the room was not what we were expecting. The beds were small, the windows didn't close tightly and some didn't have shades over them. Luckily, with the amenity sharing with the hotel next door, it gave the kids a nice option during our stay.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for providing us with your honest and helpful review about your experience at our inn. I am happy to hear that you found our staff helpful and kind. I also thank you for bringing to my attention the windows and the shades. We hope you will stay with us again!

Been to Ocean Park Inn? Share your experiences!