“We loved our stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 9 hotels in Eastham
Easton, Pennsylvania
“We loved our stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed in the family suite while in Eastham for our son's wedding. After reading several reviews online before arriving I have to admit I was unsure about our choice to stay at Ocean Park Inn. HOWEVER, after entering the room I realized my fears were unfounded. The rooms were spotless, the bathroom was clean and had a curtain in the shower window, which 1 review had said there were none. We did not see ANY bugs as 1 reviewer had complained of in the past. The hotel owner has obviously listened to any complaints and made corrections. I also LOVED the fact that you can tell them when you want the bed linens changed, instead of having them changed daily, a great way to love and save on our earthly resources. Free internet service was an added plus and worked great. My only recommendation would be that in the family unit at least to have a small coffee maker in the room. THANKS AGAIN, we had a wonderful experience at OCEAN PARK INN.

Room Tip: I took a power strip for more convenient outlet access for our laptop.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
FPEastham, General Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
I am glad that you chose to stay with us despite your initial apprehension. We have had a great season with so many happy guests, but unfortunately not everybody takes the time to post a review. I really appreciate you taking the time to post yours and I am so happy that you loved your stay. Also, you can be sure we will add a coffee maker to that room! Thank you for the suggestion. We hope to see you again someday!

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
NH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

OPI is convenient. That is about it. The rooms are dark, the bathrooms dingy, the service is hit and miss. One day the cleaning staff left three bars of soap, plus there was one open by the sink and in the tub. The next day they were all gone but the open one by the sink! The towels always seem damp, and are frequently quite worn out. There is a refrigerator in the room that freezes all the food, regardless of setting. There is no coffee maker in the room, but you can get coffee and ice water at the front desk. The curtains in the front don't block out all the light from the outside. At least the air conditioner works. Requested a room with a queen bed, got a room with two doubles. The beds are comfortable, there is a pool, and it is right off the bike trail. But once again I left and said I will try to find a different place next year. They try hard but are just off the mark and the price isn't worth it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
FPEastham, General Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
I would be grateful for an opportunity to speak with you about your stay. I apologize for the problems you experienced and look forward to addressing the items that you mention in your review.
Bedford, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed here for a week-long conference held next door at the 4 Points by Sheraton. The Ocean Park Inn is a good value and convenient to the conference. It's clean with free wifi and a nice pool, and staff who want your visit to be enjoyable.

There is noise when people loudly go up and down the stairs.

Staying here gives one the option of using all the amenities at the Sheraton.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
FPEastham, Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
We have had so many, many happy guests this summer! I appreciate that you took the time to post this review. The staff is really top notch in providing service and cleanliness. We look forward to seeing you during the 2012 conference season!
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed here while in town for a family wedding since the Inn let us book just one night (not many places on the Cape let you stay just one night in July). I had asked for an early check-in when I made the reservation but wasn't able to check into a room until 3:00pm, which was a disappointment since we had to rush to get ready for the wedding. Our room had two double beds and was bigger and more updated than the king bed room that my mother stayed in. The rooms could use better room darkening curtains - the lights from the parking lot shined through a little to much. We didn't get a chance to take advantage of the pool or the amenities in the Four Points since it was a short stay.

Room Tip: Rooms with two double beds are larger than the rooms with one king.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
FPEastham, Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
I am sorry that we could not accommodate your early check in. We do try our best but sometimes it is truly a challenge! Please visit us again and give yourself enough time to take advantage of the amenities at the Four Points. Thank you for your review!
Guelph, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Our stay was four nights. We stepped into a clean room and found it spacious enough that we could store our bikes in the room and not find them in the way. The location is great for access to the cape cod rail trail which we used daily on our trip. The outside pool was great, three hammocks to enjoy and access to the four seasons was a bonus but hardly used. The followup room service was below par with towels not changed and one day we could not even get clean face cloths which is the bare minimum that we expect. Room would be tidied up but not vacuumed which is what you need with all the sand from the beaches. Outlets are sparse, tiny fridge and airconditioning were loud at night making it hard to fall asleep but we were at least comfortable in the hot conditions.
PROS- location in Eastham and access to the north and south of the cape,access to the rail trail and cape cod national seashore,outdoor swimming pool and hammocks;clean upon arrival CONS - right on hwy, loud at night and poor housekeeping
But for what we paid on the cape, we would not rule out returning again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
FPEastham, Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am happy to hear that you may return. Please always let us know when you are with us if we can do anything to improve your stay. We want your vacation to be as comfortable and worry free as possible. Yes, the location is great and I am glad to hear that you found the access to the bike trail convenient. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Newton, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

First of all, the place smelled like urine. It seemed to be coming through the air conditioning unit...or maybe it was in the carpet. There were new bugs (alive and dead) in the bathroom every time you entered...even right after the cleaning staff had been there.

If you want to hang your clothes up, forget it! No closet, no hooks...the manager's response - a "portable" hanger system which was installed so low that you couldn't hang a bathrobe without it hitting the floor. Want privacy while you take a bath? Forget it! No shade, no blinds, no curtain. When they did attempt to correct the matter by putting up a set of curtains, the fabric was so sheer you could see right out the window. Later on the first of the 5-day stay, I discovered that the sink would not drain. Assured by management that a plumber would be called, I discovered on my next use of the sink that the plumber had not corrected the problem. When I went to take a shower later that night, I discovered an infestation of small ants on the bathroom floor and a bathtub that also would not drain. There is nothing more satisfying than a quick shower because you are trying to get your feet out of water that is ankle deep with whatever scum has risen from the bathtub surface.

Bugs that I killed on the mirror over the sink stayed there all 5 days. A large Newman mosquito which was hanging off the ceiling on the first night was dead and lying on the floor by the second night, where it remained for the rest of my stay. One of the pillowcases had a stain, one of the bed skirts had a stain, and the floor was only vacuumed in the middle of the room. Truly a disgusting experience!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
FPEastham, Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you for your recent stay with us and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at the inn. Although you were nice enough to pass along your comments during your stay, it was unfortunate that you did not allow us to correct any of the easily remedied problems that arose, for example installing the hook in the bathroom. You did not mention the urine smell so I am not sure what the odor could have been as we have not heard this from any other guests. As I explained to you when we spoke, the inn provides clean, comfortable and casual lodging to visitors to Cape Cod and should not be compared with a city hotel. I do appreciate the nice things that you had to say about cleanliness and service while you were here but I wish we could have accommodated you better. We are usually able to provide a good experience for our guests so I am sorry that we missed the mark with you and I wish you a better experience in your future travels.
Norwalk, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

A few of us stayed here for a family reunion. It worked, since it was right next to our grandmother's house. It was clean and reasonably priced. You are able to use the Four Points right next door, which has an indoor pool. The reservation process was a bit of a hassle. Apparently they close in the off season (OK I get that) but since we booked through Expedia, our reservations were nowhere to be found until they opened up again for the season and then they had to put them in by hand. Made me a little nervous, since we had so many people staying in the area and who knew if they would book up since I guess Expedia isn't tapped into their reservation system. Theoretically Expedia could book 3000 people and it wouldn't cut them off. Also when I talked to the lady here, although very nice, I wasn't notified of the pet fee and all of the other fees that aren't included in the price you are quoted. We paid around $35 in extra fees. Just something to keep in mind. Definitely wouldn't pay the $300/night for the 4 Points, but still up in the air if we'll stay here again if needed.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
FPEastham, Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and I hope you enjoyed your family reunion! We have more and more families choosing the inn for reunions as the lawn and outdoor grounds seem to be a perfect spot for gatherings. I am sorry about the confusion with your reservation and the miscommunication with the pet fees. We hope you return as we would love to have you back!

Been to Ocean Park Inn? Share your experiences!