“This hotel is definitely worth a visit -- wish we could have stayed longer!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center

You added Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5000 State Highway (Route 6), Eastham, MA 02651   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
Jaffrey, New Hampshire
“This hotel is definitely worth a visit -- wish we could have stayed longer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

My husband and I spent one night here, having come before under earlier management. Our room was clean, freshly-painted and very comfortable. We had a fine WiFi connection in our room for our laptop, but there is also a computer available in the reception area free of charge for guests. Breakfast was a real treat --- great fresh coffee, tasty pastries, cold juice, and more --- and we found the manager to be friendly and helpful. We had a long chat about the hotel's plans to work on grounds, in particular to landscape an already nice property even more effectively to attract songbirds. They are also planning to fix up the tennis court ,and there has clearly been effort given to maintaining and upgrading the facilities throughout. You cannot beat the location for access to the bike path, which we hopped on in about 30 seconds from our room, no transporting bikes or riding on busy Route 6 needed! We will definitely go back, and I am already thinking about who I want to invite to come with us.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

We got a room with a new carpet and a new mattress. It was freshly painted and very clean. The staff was friendly and attentive. I believe this motel just changed hands. We were in a back room and the internet connection didn't work very well. When we took our laptop to the breakfast room near the lobby it worked fine. They are in the process of renovating all the rooms before the 2010 summer season begins. We would definitely return to the Captain's Quarters. Don't let the previous bad reviews scare you away.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
cqhccmanager, manager at Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 2, 2010
Thank you very much for writing review about us.
I remembered, you came with your laptop in breakfast room during late evening. I seriously noted your difficulty about poor signal in your room. The problem is now fixed. We completed all the cabling in main building and added extra access point at every 150 feet. The whole main building is now covered and we will be starting cabling from next week to other 4 buildings. We are waiting for the delivery of high gain antenna. Soon all of the building will be covered. Once again thank you for pointing out the deficiency in our operation. During your next visit you will have strong signals. Guaranteed.
Seven of our past guest stayed during last two weeks Including yourself. They all seems to be happy. Two guests left fowers in our office with a thank you note and wished us good luck in our new venture.

Hope to see you soon.
us
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

This place got new management again. ......And it seems to get worse. I have sent a number of emails to them and they do not reply. I have called on numerous occasions and some older man just says hello, hello, hello. It seems that is all that he know how to say. I had made arrangements last year for a party there is summer, but if they don't know how to talk or answer email I will take my busiiness else where. Too bad the management from year back was not still there. We had a few great family reunions there.

• Stayed March 2010
cqhccmanager, manager at Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 19, 2010
Thank you for writing the review. I regret the matter that you were not served properly.
Please call us again and I will make sure that you get a proper answer.

When you called here at that time our property was closed for renovation and we did not have a front desk staff to hande your calls. I was quite busy running around to finish the work as fast as possible. We were fixing phones in 30 rooms which were not working at all and during this time many people who called were not served properly. The phones got dropped many time during those fixes. During those few days caller could hear my voice but I could not here them and I kept on saying "hello hello".

We also missed on email because transfering domain ownership took more time than we expected. Email services were on halt for few weeks and we lost many emails during those days.

I want all the past guests back on our property. We have a loyalty to our customers. Please call us again. I will make sure that you get proper answers.

Been to Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!