“Best Fried Seafood Ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Ice Cream
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Takeout
Description: "Best fried clams in the world" Food & Wine Magazine.Arnold's seafood is so fresh, any fisherman would approve. Native lobster, local raw bar, cocktails, gourmet ice cream, mini golf.Arnold's owner is Nathan “Nick” Nickerson, a true Cape Cod native and Mayflower descendant. Nick grew up surrounded by the sea and worked on farms and with family in Cape Cod restaurants. 35 years ago he founded what has become the world-famous Arnold’s Lobster & Clam Bar. From the start, crowds were drawn to the fresh, native seafood, generous portions, friendly service and fun Cape Cod atmosphere found at Arnold's.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Fried Seafood Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Every time we head to Eastham we make it a point to stop here because it has the freshest, yummiest Fried food Ever. We frequent Woodmans in Ipswich and this place blows Woodmans away. The seafood is fresh as well as the fryer. I would highly recommend a stop, and try the fried Oysters!

Visited June 2013

Methuen
“Amazing spot for an out of towner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This place was my first stop in Eastham and It was simply amazing. I ordered the hot lobster roll which came with butter instead of mayo and it was delicious. Completely stuffed with lobster and the roll was nicely toasted and not soggy. I then ordered a Cape Cod Beach Blonde Ale after I was given a free sample. We ate outside in the back where several picnic tables were and because of the food it was an overall great experience for my first cape trip.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Keystone, Colorado
“Best on the Cape !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We drive 120 miles one way twice a year to partake in Arnold's onion rings, fried clam, and raw bar.
Just the freshest seafood , expertly prepared, you can get..weekends have long lines and we go just after the season starts and just before ending.

Very clean, great ice cream also, and indoor and outdoor dining....not inexpensive but the very best you can get for all seafood + good wine and beer selection at moderate cost.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nathan N, Owner at Arnold's Restaurant, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
I wanted to take a minute to thank all of you for your wonderful comments. I can't tell you how hard we work to maintain the level of quality and service you have come to expect. Our goal is to always EXCEED THE CUSTOMERS EXPECTATIONS and I constantly beat that drum with my staff and suppliers to do just that.
Some comments come with "very good but a bit pricey" We really work hard to keep our prices down. Its a constant game of chess to pay for the quality staff we need to provide you with the best service, quality etc,. Quality seafood is very expensive, nowhere near the percentage of profit there is say in a pizza or pasta dinner. We are only open for 6 months a year with 8 weeks being the time we have to make our profit to pay bills through the winter. I pay several of my staff year round just to keep them. It cost me over $50,000.00 just to bring in a dozen foreign workers to fill the holes left by too few Americans looking for work. Finally if you were to check with my competition you would find we are very reasonable in our pricing. Keep in mind the only tipping is if you care to throw a dollar in the little pot and only if you want to, not the normal 20% other restaurant servers expect for good service.
I am so very thankful for all the fine comments, my staff and I promise is to continue to work hard to exceed all your expectations.

Respectfully,
Nick Nickerson
Flint, mi
“Steamers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I ordered the 2lb. steamers. Yum! I really enjoyed them. Out of the whole batch, only two or three of them were a bit gritty, the rest of them were perfect. The steamers (clams) come with lemon wedges, dipping butter, and a cup of clam juice.

My wife ordered a large lobster bisque which had good-sized flavorful chunks of lobster meat.

Our meal came to just over $30 with two drinks. My wife thought this place was a little pricey, I didn't think so.

Service is: wait in a long line, read the huge menu board, order at the front counter, get a pager, find a table, and get your food at the pick-up counter.

This place is a great stop on the way back from Provincetown, about an hour away from the traffic jam at the bridge. Beware the speed trap just past this place on the way back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clinton
“Best lobster roll ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Lobster rolls hot or cold. I like mine hot which seem harder to find. The amount and quality of the lobster meat was excellent. Large pieces and all were tender. The melted butter is served on the side so that you can have as chores as little as you would like. The lobster roll comes with cole slaw (very good) and chips or fries. Don't miss the onion rings. Thin slices lightly battered. The small is enough for two.

Don't miss a stop here while you're on the cape.

Visited June 2013