“nothing special” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Clifton Park New York
“nothing special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stopped here for lunch, we were the only ones in the entire restaurant, not the best service, bartender was our waiter and he mostly hungout behind the bar watching tv. Boneless buffalo wings were just strips of chicken over dressed and over cooked. fries were bland, zero flavor. when we asked for dessert they told us they were out of everything. I just feel they didnt want to make it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Lake Peekskill, New York
“Horrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This place had good lobster rolls but the service was awful and the people working had awful attitudes. We sat outside and ordered from the menu. When we got our food after waiting at pick up side of counter for awhile I was told that we got takeout and didn't get French fries with our order. This was not explained to us that siting outside was considered take out??? Also we got home and saw an ad that kids eat free from 3 to 5pm which we sat at 430 but were never told if ate inside this would be the case. Good food but won't return!

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
PA
“Where did our waiter go?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We ordered our drinks and appetizers, but never saw our waiter after that. Turns out he quit and we were left hanging. Our party of seven was very hungry and thirsty after a day on the beach. When someone else helped us the food was pretty bad! I would have thought we would have gotten free food but nope! The waiter who took over was very apologetic and nice though!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Best Clam Chowder on Cape Cod!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Although not the most popular restaurant compared to others nearby, after trying many chowders from some of the bigger names in the vicinity, nothing is close to the New England Calm Chowder at Lobster Shanty. The soup is grey in color compared to white at every other restaurant. Also, the Shanty soup was very thick and tasty. Peers had a tasteless white soup that although was decent, it did not compare at all. I only wish I knew this at the beginning of the week rather than the end! Overall ambiance and service were decent, but if you want great chowder....get it at Lobster Shanty.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
San Luis Obispo, California
“Awesome Lobster Roll”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've been searching for the best Lobster Roll on Cape Cod and so far they have my vote. Love the huge chunks of tasty lobster w/ minimal amount of mayo. That and a Blue Moon beer after a great day on the beach = Heaven. The scallop roll on the menu also caught my eye. I was surprised by the overall negative reviews. Sounds like they do a few things excellently and the rest not so much. I would definitely go back for their lobster roll and I saw a good review for their scallop roll so I'll be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food