“What a Find!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Lodge   |   2555 Rte. 6, Eastham, MA 02642   |
Millburn, New Jersey
“What a Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is more like a bed and breakfast, with a friendly, easy going owner. There is clearly pride in ownership, as she makes everything at Beach Plum special, from the home baked cakes and breads in the morning, to the lovely gardens, and special touches with her photography in the cozy rooms. The pool is inviting with relaxing floats and very well maintained. She appears to greet each guest, including children, with warmth and genuine happiness. It is a short ride to the scenic bicycle trails, a few minutes to the beach or bay. It is a very good location, walk to convenience store and town center. Plan to return for a visit to this "hidden gem".

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Very reasonable rates, continental breakfast, clean & cozy simple rooms with lovely photos on the walls taken by the owner (Gloria), great (smallish) outdoor pool, lovely grounds with tons of flowers, right on Rt 6 (close to everything) yet very quiet. We will stay there again, hopefully many times. My 4-year-old daughter loved the pool and was treated so warmly by Gloria..

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Brookline, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

Gloria, woner of the Lodge is great. Fresh baked lemon cake and banana bread, OJ and coffee served on the back porch. Quiet spot. Some rooms have a shared bathroom. We spent one night w/ a private bath, the 2nd with a shared. Very clean. We'd go back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jelysm
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

It was purely by coincidence that we choose the Beach Plum Motor Lodge as it was the Memorial Day Weekend and several guesthouses at Provincetown and Wellfleet had minimum nights as well as higher holiday weekend prices. And I sure am glad that we found this hidden gem!

Beach Plum Motor Lodge is in a fantastic location, just a 3min walk from the Eastham Town Hall where the Flex & P-B buses stop, excellent for those who do not drive like myself. The Salt Pond Visitor Centre and Cape Cod National Seashore are nearby, and you can rent bicycles from the Little Capistrano shop just a 10min walk from the lodge. The owners are good pals with Gloria, our hostess at the lodge and you can get a little discount from the reasonably-priced bicycles if you mention you are staying here.

The lodge comprises of 5 rooms behind the main lodge and swimming pool, which are basic, but spacious and comfortable. The bathrooms are a little on the small side, but are very clean. This is also my first time seeing a cushioned toilet seat! Lol. Wi-fi is also available and the connection was surprisingly stable, considering the rooms were behind the main lodge. Excellent value for money considering that we paid only $45 for the room per night, half of what you get elsewhere.

Our hostess, Gloria, is a friendly lady who manages the entire works all by herself and knows how to make her guests welcomed without being too intrusive. It was really pleasant chatting to her over a simple, home-made breakfast at the back porch, with second helpings too! Kudos to her for also going all out to help her guests, as we needed some assistance with a ferry booking and immediately, she took out the phone directory and called the bus and ferry companies to inquire on the price and timings. Truly commendable!

If I ever do return to Cape Cod, Beach Plum Motor Lodge will definitely be my pick! Highly recommended, especially if you are on a budget!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank drunk-on-gin
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

Being in business for 30+ years, and featured in such travel guides as Frommers, I was quite surprised and a bit apprehensive to find that no one had yet reviewed the Beach Plum Motor Lodge. It being high season, and the cape very expensive, I decided to take a chance and book it anyways.

I'm amazed! The only reason I can think for the lack of reviews is that the regulars are trying to keep it free for their own use! This is definitely not your local Hilton- the Beach Plum has more character and appeal, wth a rugged character. Your inn keeper Gloria will welcome you upon arrival, and serve you a home made breakfast in the morning. It consisted of coffee, orange juice, crumpets/toast, and a home made goodie of the day.

The cottages themselves (there are 6) are like small cabins, very cozily decorated. My room was painted a nice yellow, carpeted, wicker chair in the corner, and a bed so full of pillows you almost couldn't sit. The room was full of photographs hanging on the wall, and had a very welcoming and cozy feel. I was in the duplex- essentially a double cabin with a shared bathroom in between. Seperate cabins with their own bath are available, but I didn't book far enough ahead! The bed wa super cozy- no air conditioning, but even middle of summer, I was comfortable. I slept like a baby- woke up to the sound of birds and a breeze fromt he open window. I wokeup at 7 am without an alarm! (Definitely unusual for me).

The property also has a small pool, which was quite nice in the heat. It's located in Eastham, across the street from town hall and the Flex bus station (which was Perfect for doing a trip to Provincetown or Hyannis). I came in by bus, not car, and found the bike rental just up the street to be perfect. It also has a lobster shanty and grocery store within walking distance.

Overall, I loved this place! I'm glad I stayed in Eastham, with it's quiet cape cod feel. I would definitely stay here again when visiting the Cape. Next time I would book a longer stay. Now, the downside- if you're picky, the washroom is quite small, and has a cabin feel. It also only has a shower no tub. The room itself makes up for this. Also, it IS right on the highway- I didn't notice the traffic noise, but if you're a light sleeper? I know a lot of the B&B's are on route 6- so it would be the same for all. And the outlets are only 2 prong! My laptop wouldn't plug in, but Gloria was kind enough to charge it for me in her house- no internet anyways, or tv, but hey- that's why I went to the cape! Also, in the duplex, I could kind of hear my neighbours int he next room. Not an issue for me, espeially since I wasn't there, but beware-you might want to book the single room cabin if that would bother you. The duplex would be GREAT for a family with kids, who wanted 2 rooms.

I highly reccomend this place- it was a nice escape.

• Liked — The hostes, Gloria!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank Misty J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
Ocean Park Inn
Town Crier Motel
Town Crier Motel
#7 of 9 in Eastham
4.0 of 5 stars 195 reviews

Been to Beach Plum Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!