“All you really need for a great stay on the cape” 5 of 5 stars

960 State Hwy, Eastham, MA 02642   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
sheffield
“All you really need for a great stay on the cape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We are a family of three and spent six nights at this motel during our stay on the cape. John and Melanie are great hosts, the rooms are very clean and presentable,and muffins and juice and tea or coffee with fruit get you on your way in the morning.Bikes are available to borrow and there are some great trails very close by. You can also borrow umbrellas and chairs for the day, and the beaches are ten minutes away.Centrally located on the outer cape,you can access the whole cape from here aswell as day trips to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket.The motel is on the very busy route six, and it can be challenging getting out of the driveway in the morning, but don't let that put you off as that is the same for all the properties that sit on this busy road. A dip in the very clean pool( with towels provided) is welcome at the end of the day.All in all , you really don't need much else to enjoy a great stay on Cape Cod.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The worst customer service I have had ever! What a weird and unnecessary experience.

I made a simple request of asking for a cot if they possibly had one, because we were hoping my 7 year old granddaughter was going to stay with us for one night. You would have thought we just asked to bring 20 people in to sleep! John's response was totally uncalled for. Nothing less than federal offense,

"John" whosoever that was, was totally discourteous, arrogant , and ridiculous asking me what I thought about how many people could sleep in the room. Going on about the fire department, and they would never break the rules.

All I asked was did they, by the chance have a cot?

He asked "we'll did you ask for that when you registered?" I said, no I just thought for one night it be possible, in the nicest most solicitous I could have asked in.

Please if you have a choice, stat somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was pleased with our stay at the Eagle Wing Guest Motel. John and Melanie are constantly working on property. Lovely hard working family. Comfortable mattress and pillows for a good nights sleep. Excellent water pressure in shower. Grounds are lovely. Pool is immaculate. Freshly baked muffins are available in the morning with coffee , tea and orange juice/buffet style. We shall return. Great find!!

• Stayed July 2013
Ambler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We wanted to be on the Cape and acessible to many places. We traveled up and down the Cape and as this was right on Route 6 it couldn't have been easier. Melanie and John couldn't have been nicer. My husband had visited a car museum a number of years ago and wanted to visit it again. John hadn't heard of it but called the Chamber of Commerce to find it for us. We looked on the Internet for antique cars and couldn't find it.It is in Sandwich. It is with the Botanical Gardens and we were so happy that we could visit. The Motel isn't fancy but is very clean and nicely done.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed at the motel for one night last week. John and Melanie could not have been nicer nor more accommodating. I am allergic to fabric softener and called ahead to inquire about what they use. John answered the call and went out of his way to understand my concern and describe what they could do to deal with it. I arrived to a clean and comfortable room where the sheets and towels had been specially washed for me. It was perfect. In all of my travels I have never been treated with more care and consideration. Not only would I return to the hotel for the great location, good room and reasonable price, I would return because the proprietors are such a pleasure to be around. Can't recommend the Eagle Wing enough.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Typical Cape motel right on Route 6. Easy to find, and great location close to beaches and restaurants. Also a very easy drive to other points of interest like Ptown and the Beachcomber. What stood out for us was how clean, quiet, and comfortable it was. Our room was very large and the bed was super comfortable. Bathroom looked updated, and AC worked great. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. One tiny drawback is that the pool is located in the front of the property, and therefore is pretty much right on Route 6. But, it looked very nice and we noticed someone cleaning it/maintaining it every morning. Overall, a really nice place - we will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our first trip was such a surprise when we opened the door to our room since motels are not so highly rated but Eagle Wing took my breath away - The Owners John and Melanie take so much pride in their property that your cannot rate it nothing but great service and absolutely
clean!!!. They are close to the Cape Cod Rail Trail, National Seashore and other attractions
of the Cape.
Toni and I would like to take you both for your hospitality and hope to see you soon..
Annette

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Eagle Wing Guest Motel? Share your experiences!