“Beware: off-season small cape cod hotels!” 2 of 5 stars

Blue Dolphin Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5950 Route 6, Eastham, MA 02651   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
boston
“Beware: off-season small cape cod hotels!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I booked this inn for a weekend in October. We we not in the room much at all so that was a blessing but there was no hot water!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When we finally did get hot water; "wait 30 min", it was only enough for one shower( thank goodness I went first!). The bathroom door also did not shut. Less important but worth noting is that there was only one free outlet in the main room, the others were in the bathroom->weird and inconvenient for two hi-tech people. I think for probably the same price you could book a cutesy B and B in P-town with a lil research...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

Compared with the other (more expensive) hotels and Inns on Cape Cod, Blue Dolphin offers big and clean rooms for a very reasonable price !!!
Don't expect luxury, the bathroom is not that big, but definitely spacious enough for short stay.
The "double" beds were rather small, but comfortable!

I definitely recommand this Inn if you want to explore Cape Cod for a couple of days and not want to spend too much money.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
East Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

This was our first stay at the Blue Dolphin even though I have been vacationing on the Cape for 30 years. I am familiar with the Eastham area and we wanted to try a reasonably priced motel for the family. We decided on the dinner package and it was a great deal. We found the rooms to be clean, the pool was super clean and the grounds were nice. Great access to bike trail and our kids loved the swing set. We had a small issue with our screen door and when we reported this to the staff, the matter was taken care of promptly. We were right next to Tony and Laura's which has the best breakfast buffet on the Cape. Great for a weekend away. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Clifton Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

My husband and I have stayed at the Blue Dolphine Inn in Eastham, Cape Cod, MA several times over the years and we keep going back. I just like staying there, it reminds me of my childhood somehow and I always feel so relaxed and peacefull when we stay there. At the end of the day being on the beach or taking a ferry over to Nantucket or the Vineyard or exploring all the towns and shops and going on whale watches, it is the best place to come back to put your feet up to unwind. Plus Laura and Tony's next door fresh squeezed OJ and goat cheese quishe and mimosa's OMG ! That is absolutely the best breakfast buffet on the Cape!! If you and your husband or family are looking for old world charm with modern amenities this is the place for you. I cannot say enough about this motel. Eileen & Jason Austin Clifton Park, NY We will be staying at the Blue Dolphin Inn Labor Day weekend 2010.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Waterbury, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

This was our third time staying at the Blue Dolphin Inn. The staff was friendly and extremely attentive; fresh towels in pool area, timely fixing of wireless internet issues, fresh coffee every morning at front desk, supplied beach toys for my kids. We made use of all the ammenities: pool, shuffleboard, playscape, horseshoes, and found all to be well maintained. Our rooms were made up daily and fresh towels provided. We had a much different experience than the reviewer who wrote "Dirty, dirty, dirty". The Blue Dolphin is a clean, family friendly, Cape Cod style motel. We love coming here because of it's close proximity to the National seashore beaches, the bike trail and for their reasonable cost for what they deliver. We are planning on returning in 2010.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

I totally disagree with the person who wrote the "dirty, dirty, dirty" review. My family and I just spent 4 days in the family suite at the Blue Dolphin and it was spotless!! They cleaned the suite every day without fail and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. We are repeat visitors to this motel and have always found the cleaning staff and front desk staff to be fantastic.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

What a dump. How hard is it to get a room cleaned? We stayed at one of the family suites (which is not a suite at all!). We were four persons total. They only supplied us with two towels and one roll of toilet paper. We had to ask everyday for more towels. When we ran out of toilet paper, they gave us a hard time. They arrived everyday to make the beds, but never cleaned the floors, vacuumed or washed down the bathroom unless we insisted they did so. Even after they washed the bathroom, we still had black stains on the bottom of our socks. When we first arrived, I had to wash down black splatter marks on the wall. I still have no idea what it was. This place is very dirty and not worth the money! paid over $300 a night for a cheap motel. Don't stay here!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
bluedolphininn, Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2009
I would first like to state that not once did this guest speak to me about any of the issues she had with our establishment. Secondly, none of the other guests she was in the room with had a complaint. The young gentleman that booked and paid for the room thanked me upon checking out.
This guest stayed in one of our 2 Bedroom Family Suites. It's a suite consisting of mostly beds for people with large families. It's not a typical couples suite consisting of a sitting area.
Now, my housekeepers know what they are doing. I've had no complaints about cleanliness. We strive to be clean and friendly at our motel.
It makes it a lot harder for the housekeepers to do their jobs when a guest is overseeing their every move and telling them what to do. The floors were cleaned and vacuumed every day. After the housekeepers relayed the information from this guest to me, I wiped the floors as well and they were not dirty at all. Also, bathrooms are cleaned DAILY. The black spots on the wall were located in the one inch crack that is between the wall and the stove top. You'd have to be on your hands and knees searching for things wrong to see them. It was a tiny grease spot probably from cooking on the stove. I'm sorry about that.
If these things were brought to my attention while this guest was here, I would have worked with her to make her stay pleasant. Everyone else in that room seemed to have a good time and there were no complaints to me at check out. Just a smile and a thank you!

Been to Blue Dolphin Inn? Share your experiences!