“Not as Expected” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
Newark, Ohio USA
“Not as Expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The room was adqueate, but not what we expected. We, my wife and I, stayed 5 nights and found the proprietors are very conservative on what they provide. Soap and other items for hygeine were non-existent afer check in. Cleaning of room was at best minimun. It was difficult to find a person at the desk during the day. There are quite a few nicer motels in the area that one should look at before selecting the Blue Dolphin. I guess you get what you pay for.

Ron B

Room Tip: Don't believe the motel ratings you read on the inter-net. (trip advisor).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to find a spotless, updated adorable room with a nice wooded courtyard which had a shower-off platform, (for when you come back from the beach to rinse off all those sandy little feet). There are a few outdoor grills if you just want to make some hotdogs n hamburgers and every room has a sliding glass door to this private little courtyard, about an acre in size. The pool is brand new and has a wrought iron safety enclosure. It is right next door to some great restaurants and the National Seashore. The bayside beaches are right across the street. I recommend this place for families and adults as it is convenient to everything and clean. The staff was very accommodating and polite and get 5 stars for excellent service. Thanks for a nice stay.

Room Tip: we stayed around the courtyard and they all seemed equally nice
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Niantic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The Blue Dolphin Inn went above and beyond our expectations for our stay on 9/15/12.
Their check-in time is 3 pm; however, upon giving them our dilemma of having to be at a wedding, they had our room ready by 12:30 pm. The room was neat, clean, the beds comfortable, and included a mini fridge. My wife said that the pool was clean and well maintained. Although we did not dine at the restaurant next door to the inn, there were many cars in their parking lot.

We highly recommend the Blue Dolphin Inn for excellent lodging at a reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Whitman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We were appreciative of the Blue Dolphin Staff, specifically Minnie, for working with us during a medical issue and allowing us to re-schedule our planned visit on such short notice. The staff were friendly and accomodating, room was clean, bathroom stocked with ample towels and the rate/s very reasonable. The hotel is convenientally located near restaurants (which the staff are familiar with) and Cape activities. No complaints!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Saratoga Springs, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

As a family we rented 2 rooms for 5 adults. Used as base camp to ride bike trails in Nantucket and north of Provincetown. Quiet, clean and pleasant site. Convenient breakfast/lunch buffet next door. Parking right outside your room is very handy. Staff are kind and accommodating. Sm. back deck and pool. Would stay again-vouchers for out of season travel were very helpful towards our meals.

Room Tip: Be reasonable, not demanding. Always tip housekeeping.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
South Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on the recommendation of a friend. We were down Cape Cod to attend an event in Provincetown. The room was clean and quiet. Each room has a parking spot assigned to it right outside the door. There is a breakfast/lunch place right next door. I would stay here again and I recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in that area. It's close to the Cape cod National seashore and about a 25 minute ride to Provinetown.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night on vacation. The room was ok. Some peeling wallpaper, AC did not work that well, the pool was nice. Laundry was broken. Not worth the $180.00 for the night. When I returned home I started itching and had a bad rash all over my body. I went to the emergency room in the middle of the night because the itching became unbearable. I was diagnosed with scabies. Other than my wife's family's house this was the only place that I stayed while on vacation, the only place that I could have contracted this horrible parasitic disease.I just hope that they refund my money to help pay for my emergency room visit, and the cost of having to wash every piece of material in my house. Very costly, very painfull, very disappointing. I would not reccomend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you wear a hazmat suit to bed.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
bluedolphininn, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear Guest,
First of all, I would like to say thank you for your comments and apologize for your inconvenience experience during your stay in Cape Cod. Scabies is found worldwide. It is usually spread by direct contact with infected people and less often by sharing clothing or bedding. Your medical report states that scabies can be caused by very small bugs called mites, it not due to hotel sheets. It is also like for scabies to be spread by a swimming pool or beach/lake water. Blue Dolphin Inn is located in a wooded area of Cape Cod, that is prone to all sorts of bug. We are surrounded by trees, sands, and water. We have mandated health inspections and comply with everything that is necessary to keep our establishment clean. We strive to be clean and friendly at our hotel. In fact, we have brand NEW mattress, bedding, duvets, blankets, and sheets.

Thank you for leaving your comments here on tripadvisor

kind regards

Been to Blue Dolphin Inn? Share your experiences!