“Caught the scabies here, BEWARE” 1 of 5 stars

Blue Dolphin Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5950 Route 6, Eastham, MA 02651   |
Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Eastham
New York City, New York
“Caught the scabies here, BEWARE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night on vacation. The room was ok. Some peeling wallpaper, AC did not work that well, the pool was nice. Laundry was broken. Not worth the $180.00 for the night. When I returned home I started itching and had a bad rash all over my body. I went to the emergency room in the middle of the night because the itching became unbearable. I was diagnosed with scabies. Other than my wife's family's house this was the only place that I stayed while on vacation, the only place that I could have contracted this horrible parasitic disease.I just hope that they refund my money to help pay for my emergency room visit, and the cost of having to wash every piece of material in my house. Very costly, very painfull, very disappointing. I would not reccomend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you wear a hazmat suit to bed.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
bluedolphininn, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear Guest,
First of all, I would like to say thank you for your comments and apologize for your inconvenience experience during your stay in Cape Cod. Scabies is found worldwide. It is usually spread by direct contact with infected people and less often by sharing clothing or bedding. Your medical report states that scabies can be caused by very small bugs called mites, it not due to hotel sheets. It is also like for scabies to be spread by a swimming pool or beach/lake water. Blue Dolphin Inn is located in a wooded area of Cape Cod, that is prone to all sorts of bug. We are surrounded by trees, sands, and water. We have mandated health inspections and comply with everything that is necessary to keep our establishment clean. We strive to be clean and friendly at our hotel. In fact, we have brand NEW mattress, bedding, duvets, blankets, and sheets.

Thank you for leaving your comments here on tripadvisor

kind regards

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bernardston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This motel has an excellent location on the Cape to enjoy The National Seashore, Audubon Center and many other sites. The facility is very dated with interior restorations very worn. The beds were comfortable with good housekeeping attention between nights. The air conditioner was not adequate for the hot August period of our visit. Typical of many Cape accommodations they demand above average rental rates for a below average room. Check-in was efficient enough, but don't expect a warm family ownership to be on site to assist you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Blue I, Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Blue Dolphin Inn on your recent visit to Cape Cod. We hope you enjoyed Cape Cod and I happy to hear you were pleased with our location and housekeeping team! I would like to apologize about the front desk issue, I will forward it to the front office team to address.

I do hope the rest of your visit to Cape Cod was enjoyable. Thank you for leaving your comments here on TripAdvisor.

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We choose this motel as we wanted to be able to explore Cape Cod, being in the centre it fulfilled the criteria. It is close to the cycle trail, a drive in cinema which was a novelty for us Brits and a number of superb beaches one that had a great bar/ restaurant. worth exploring Provincetown, Wellfleet and Chatham.

It is one of the old style of motels which we found very interesting being from the U.K. The rooms all looked onto a central wooded area with a patio area through french doors- similar to Center Parcs. The room was large, clean with two large double beds a little dated but comfortable enough for a few days exploring Cape Cod. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
bluedolphininn, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Annette,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Blue Dolphin Inn during your recent trip to Cape Cod. I hope you enjoyed your trip. It is wonderful to hear you were able to visit the drive in cinema, flea market, and the bike trail located within walking distance of the hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and central wooded courtyard.

Thank you very much for your feedback. Have a safe trip back to UK.

Kind Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We rent our house in Eastham for the summer and occasionally need to come up and check on things. Often we stay with friends but sometimes have needed a motel and have tried out various ones in the area. I given 3 stars to the Blue Dolphin! Clean, decent, great that the rooms have screened sliding doors opening onto their wooded courtyard, wonderful to be able to have delicious cape cod air wafting through your motel room. The bed was great with real sheets. Even the pool looked inviting and it was quite private from the road. Laura and Tony's for breakfast right on the property is amazing. I'm a fan of quality B motels, and this one was perfect.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Francie,

Thank you for staying at the Blue Dolphin Inn on your recent trip to Cape Cod. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our courtyard, pool, and Laura and Toný's Kitchen.

We greatly appreciate your comments regarding your room, as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. We have brand new mattress, bedding, duvets, and carpet in all rooms.

On your next visit to Cape Cod, I invite you to take a look at our early bird special on our package/promotions page. One of our main goals is to provide the best value possible for our guest, and we have many special packages. These offers include $14 breakfast voucher at Laura and Tony's, $16 dinner voucher at local restaurants, 15%off for staying 7 or more nights, and more.

Thank you again for staying at the Blue Dolphin Inn and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

carver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Clean rooms, helpful staff, and a pool to utilize during those 'off times' between beach and your night out. Oh, the sun is getting to be too much? Simply sit in the wooded courtyard that every room has backdoor access to. It's movement you want? Great, hop on your bike or head for a run or a walk. The place has access to the Cape Cod Rail Trail .....You just cant beat it. I checked in on Sunday afternoon and found that my screen door wasnt closing properly. I almost ignored it, thinking "well, what do you expect for an inexpensive place on the cape". But I went to the office and i was informed it would be fixed. When i got back from my class on Monday afternoon ...indeed it was! When i'm on the cape, i dont expect to spend my "quality" time in a motel room. this is just what we needed: a clean, comfortable place to sleep and get ready for each day/evening out. Thank you!

Room Tip: the further off rt 6 the better, but really the pine grove offers a great buffer to the whole place.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying at the Blue Dolphin Inn on your recent visit to Cape Cod. We greatly appreciate your kind words, as it is always wonderful to hear such praise from our guess. I am happy you were able to take advantage of the courtyard, pool, and the bike trail. It makes us very happy to know that we have exceeded your expectations. We look forward to hosting your future visits to Cape Cod and hope to be able to continue to impress you with out style of service.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

This is an old style motel close to the bike trail, beaches, National Seashore and a great drive in movie. Rooms are old but very clean with comfortable beds, a dinette, refrigerator, coffeemaker and TV. There is a heated pool. Each room has a patio facing a central wooded courtyard. The family who runs this motel are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stat at the Blue Dolphin Inn. We are thrilled to learn that our convenient location worked out well for you during your stay. Comments such as yours are an important tool in our goal to provide an exceptional experience for each of our guest. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Kind Regards,
Chenango Forks, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The lowest price we have found on Cape Cod, but that doesn't mean 'cheap.' Like an old motel, the place is run by a staff of attentive professionals. They will cater to every need possible. Rooms are nice, cleaned daily, and have a coffeemaker, a small refrigerator, a microwave oven, and space to store and hang clothes. Bathrooms are clean and in good condition. Small 'porch' out back of each unit. Secure locks on doors. BIG courtyard for picnicing and play. Nice pool to relax in and cool off in after a day at the beach or from a day of shopping and exploring. Convenient to Nauset Light Beach, Coast Guard Beach, Marconi Beach, and First Encounter Beach. Close to all of the great shops and restaurants of Eastham and Wellfleet. Right on US Rt 6, so you can get anywhere on the Cape easily. Coin-op laundry for patrons!! Take quarters and detergent.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back for more privacy. All are good.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Ensuring a seamless experience for each of our guest is always our priority and we are happy to learn your recent stay at the Blue Dolphin Inn was enjoyable. Thank you for highlighting our location which puts our guests within minutes of many of the exciting attraction in Cape Cod. We love hearing that you had the opportunity to enjoy your summer vacation and enjoy all the facilities we offer. Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards
Minnie

Been to Blue Dolphin Inn? Share your experiences!