“Quiet retreat on the Cape!” 4 of 5 stars

Town Crier Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3620 Rt 6, PO Box 457 Rt 6, Eastham, MA 02642   |
Ranked #6 of 9 hotels in Eastham
Westfield, New Jersey
“Quiet retreat on the Cape!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We recently stayed for two nights in June. The motel was clean and rather peaceful. Found it on Living Social and was pleasantly surprised when I called to book it.....owner was very nice and answered all my questions. Motel is old, but has some nice charm. Very clean and we loved the pool. Unfort. Saturday continental breakfast was served--very light and below average, however, Sunday was a full, hot breakfast---worth the price! Close to many attractions on the Cape. Overall it is a lovely place and would def. come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back of motel---on a busy highway, so you don't want to be close to e...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Wellesley, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I am a hospitality professional and I like recognizing places that can keep up with the big brands and technology evolution. I would like to recommend this motel for several reasons. First, we are used to stay in big chains hotels where we don't ever get to know the owners and the services are based in the hotel standards. Town Crier is a hotel that put values and family standards first before business. The rooms are nice and pleasant, TV flat screen, Free Wifi, pool indoor, and also it has access to the Cape Cod rail trail. Breakfast was excellent where is all you cant eat breakfast buffet for $9.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I ordered a Living Social voucher for here and the woman tried to scam me out of my money and tell me there were no rooms left. When I asked why she sold more rooms then she intended to honor, she told me, "Living Social did that, ASK THEM." She was rude on the phone even before I mentioned the voucher and just insulting afterward. It was like I was bothering her and she was insulted that someone like me would even bother coming to her motel.

Anyway, I called Living Social and they were very polite and told me that they'll be telling her she must honor my voucher and upgrade me. We'll see if she actually follows through, and what kind of horror show she puts me through when I get there.

Moral of the story - Call Living Social and make them yell at her. Don't let her get away with up-charging you or telling you that your voucher is invalid.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Most motels I have stayed in have been pretty dingy. This one was BEAUTIFUL. Our room was spotless, had a tv, fridge, plenty of room to move around and a cute CLEAN bathroom. The staff were all very friendly. My only complaint is that their continental breakfast consisted of toast, cereal, and store bought pastries. Granted, we did visit during off season... but something a little more filling would have been nice.
Overall though this is a fantastic place to stay. Can't wait to go back in Indian Summer.

usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed here because we got a deal on LivingSocial, including bike rental.

Pros:
Awesome location right on the Cape Cod Rail Trail-perfect with the bike rental package!
It's clean.
The water pressure and temperature in the shower are great.
It's got a cute pool (although we didn't use it)
Breakfast was included, always a plus!

Cons: It's not fancy or romantic if that's what you're looking for.

Overall, it was a good value in a great location, and we would stay again!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked our anniversary weekend here for a quiet getaway, and it was such a pleasure! The location is close to restaurants, bike trails, beaches, markets, and all the local businesses that lend Eastham its charm...but our favorite attraction was Judy herself! She is such a firecracker, and when she found out it was a special occasion for us, she spared no means at her disposal to make it memorable. From sending in an extra bottle of wine (delivered by her absolute sweetheart of a grandson), to personally calling local restaurants to see if there was any live music she could recommend, to telling us not to worry about our checkout time, she completely spoiled us at every turn. We loved staying here, and plan to come back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dobbs Ferry, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

we stayed here only for 2 nights on a livingsocial deal which was very good a bottol of wine and icecream and bike rentals we included in the livingsocial deal which was very good, the place is right on route 6, rooms were clean and bed was really comfortable. nice lil Motel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Town Crier Motel? Share your experiences!