“really nice people” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
Greenwich, Connecticut
“really nice people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The day of a family wedding I made a huge blunder and checked in to the wrong hotel. The folks at the front desk were very understanding and so incredibly nice! The room was spotless and looked very comfortable. They were so understanding, refunded my money and said they understood, even gave me directions to where I was suppossed to be! I think most places would have kept my money and told me "tough luck". Next time we go to the Cape, we'll stay at the Town Crier. It's so encouraging in this day and age that there are still some kind people who haven't forgot the importance of being nice and showing that they care.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My family has stayed at this motel many times, and will continue to do so. We have been fortunate
to do a lot of traveling, and We have never met a friendlier, more accommodating staff. Judy and
Her family will make You feel like one of their own. They take pride in this motel, and They should.
The rooms are clean and comfortable, the pool is refreshing, and the breakfast buffet is excellent.
The grounds are peaceful and well kept, and there are many great places for dinner nearby. We
have recommended this motel to several friends and family members, and each of them has had
nothing but great things to say. This motel is truly a great Cape Cod experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Norwell, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I'm really surprised how they still stay in business, our room smelled bad, the lady left our key inside the room with the door unlocked because we arrived after 6pm (nobody to be found at the service desk until the next morning), my issue with that was the door knob was from the 60's and didn't know how to lock it, we had all our friends give it a try and nobody knew how to lock it, so we had to leave all our stuff inside our car.. the owner was rude to my sister at the breakfast buffet, as she went to serve herself and the lady (Judy) yelled at her, to tell her she will do that, no reason to yell... Most customers we talked to at the motel complained that their sheet's weren't cleaned. Guess were I wont be staying again???

Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at the Town Crier Motel for a couple of days last week, and both my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the Motel, the premises (including the pool) and the staff. We had a wonderful and relaxing stay while there. We had not planned on staying in Eastham, but that's the way things worked out this year and we are just as glad. They have, as I said, a great, CLEAN pool (sort of an inside/outside pool), afternoon barbeques, and morning buffets, both for nominal fees, but excellent food!! Thank you, Town Crier (Judy, Margaret and Kitty), for an unexpected change of pace for us!! Only one suggestion--for the ladies: Brighter lights in the bathrooms [in order to apply makeup]!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My family and I just returned from a fantastic long weekend at The Town Crier. We could not have been happier with the accommodations. There was a fantastic and immaculate pool that was open all day, a delicious "all you can eat" breakfast buffet every morning for only 9$(!), and I cannot say enough about the service, especially Judy. It is a fantastic value for Cape Cod and is super convenient to all areas on the Cape. If you and your family, spouse or friends are looking for a great getaway, long or short, this place should be it.

South Windsor, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I did not even get a chance to stay at this hotel because of the rude individual named Judy. I purchased a Living Social deal for a two night stay for two with two children under the age of 15 staying for free. Their website as well as the Fine Print in the Living Social deal states: Up to 4 EXTRA occupants allowed (beyond the main 2)...hence the $15 extra charge. I stated that it would be myself, husband and my 4 children....my 4 children would be the 4 EXTRA occupants with having to pay $15 extra a day for two of them. Judy would not even discuss this with me and said that no more than 4 people in a room...even though I stated that their own website stated up to 4 EXTRA! She was very rude...after that, I would not even want to stay there....such bad energy.

Hamden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I recently spent a week at the Town Crier. The owners were very accomodating and give guests a great value for the money. Their buffet breakfast has got to be the best value on the Cape, unless their picnic suppers are! Room was very comfortable. Before I left, I made a reservation for a weekend in the fall!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Town Crier Motel? Share your experiences!