“Worst Motel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Town Crier Motel

Save Saved
You added Town Crier Motel to your Saves list
Town Crier Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3620 State Highway Rt 6, PO Box 457 Rt 6, Eastham, MA 02642   |
Special Offer
BOOK DIRECT AND SAVE!!
Ranked #6 of 9 hotels in Eastham
Norwell, Massachusetts, United States
“Worst Motel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I'm really surprised how they still stay in business, our room smelled bad, the lady left our key inside the room with the door unlocked because we arrived after 6pm (nobody to be found at the service desk until the next morning), my issue with that was the door knob was from the 60's and didn't know how to lock it, we had all our friends give it a try and nobody knew how to lock it, so we had to leave all our stuff inside our car.. the owner was rude to my sister at the breakfast buffet, as she went to serve herself and the lady (Judy) yelled at her, to tell her she will do that, no reason to yell... Most customers we talked to at the motel complained that their sheet's weren't cleaned. Guess were I wont be staying again???

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at the Town Crier Motel for a couple of days last week, and both my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the Motel, the premises (including the pool) and the staff. We had a wonderful and relaxing stay while there. We had not planned on staying in Eastham, but that's the way things worked out this year and we are just as glad. They have, as I said, a great, CLEAN pool (sort of an inside/outside pool), afternoon barbeques, and morning buffets, both for nominal fees, but excellent food!! Thank you, Town Crier (Judy, Margaret and Kitty), for an unexpected change of pace for us!! Only one suggestion--for the ladies: Brighter lights in the bathrooms [in order to apply makeup]!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My family and I just returned from a fantastic long weekend at The Town Crier. We could not have been happier with the accommodations. There was a fantastic and immaculate pool that was open all day, a delicious "all you can eat" breakfast buffet every morning for only 9$(!), and I cannot say enough about the service, especially Judy. It is a fantastic value for Cape Cod and is super convenient to all areas on the Cape. If you and your family, spouse or friends are looking for a great getaway, long or short, this place should be it.

South Windsor, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I did not even get a chance to stay at this hotel because of the rude individual named Judy. I purchased a Living Social deal for a two night stay for two with two children under the age of 15 staying for free. Their website as well as the Fine Print in the Living Social deal states: Up to 4 EXTRA occupants allowed (beyond the main 2)...hence the $15 extra charge. I stated that it would be myself, husband and my 4 children....my 4 children would be the 4 EXTRA occupants with having to pay $15 extra a day for two of them. Judy would not even discuss this with me and said that no more than 4 people in a room...even though I stated that their own website stated up to 4 EXTRA! She was very rude...after that, I would not even want to stay there....such bad energy.

Hamden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I recently spent a week at the Town Crier. The owners were very accomodating and give guests a great value for the money. Their buffet breakfast has got to be the best value on the Cape, unless their picnic suppers are! Room was very comfortable. Before I left, I made a reservation for a weekend in the fall!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

The staff was accommodating. The breakfast buffet was perfect. The ac worked great and the rooms were just as described. Quick access to all local areas. The rooms were clean and there were a few other surprise perks that came from our stay. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2012
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I had low expectations of this hotel, but we booked it because it was one of the only spots with availability. It actually managed to still be disappointing! It is very noisy. Our refrigerator squealed. There was an ice machine outside my window that sounded like a car idling and revving- all day and night. The staff was rude and was never in the office. There is no internet access in the rooms, nor did I find any outside (cell reception is limited also). The pool is nothing like the pictures. The AC blew moldy air into the room; I had only resorted to that since opening the window was letting in too much noise. No relief. The shower was terrible. All in all- this place is like a bad (not all are) Motel 6, but it costs way more. I travel a lot and stay in all sorts of places; I am not picky. This is my first negative review; it unfortunately deserves it.

Room Tip: Stay away from the road and the ice machines! Don't get rooms1-6; aim for something in the 20...