“Very Poor Customer Service” 1 of 5 stars

Town Crier Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3620 Rt 6, PO Box 457 Rt 6, Eastham, MA 02642   |
Ranked #6 of 9 hotels in Eastham
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Very Poor Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I did not even get a chance to stay at this hotel because of the rude individual named Judy. I purchased a Living Social deal for a two night stay for two with two children under the age of 15 staying for free. Their website as well as the Fine Print in the Living Social deal states: Up to 4 EXTRA occupants allowed (beyond the main 2)...hence the $15 extra charge. I stated that it would be myself, husband and my 4 children....my 4 children would be the 4 EXTRA occupants with having to pay $15 extra a day for two of them. Judy would not even discuss this with me and said that no more than 4 people in a room...even though I stated that their own website stated up to 4 EXTRA! She was very rude...after that, I would not even want to stay there....such bad energy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Hamden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I recently spent a week at the Town Crier. The owners were very accomodating and give guests a great value for the money. Their buffet breakfast has got to be the best value on the Cape, unless their picnic suppers are! Room was very comfortable. Before I left, I made a reservation for a weekend in the fall!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

The staff was accommodating. The breakfast buffet was perfect. The ac worked great and the rooms were just as described. Quick access to all local areas. The rooms were clean and there were a few other surprise perks that came from our stay. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2012
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I had low expectations of this hotel, but we booked it because it was one of the only spots with availability. It actually managed to still be disappointing! It is very noisy. Our refrigerator squealed. There was an ice machine outside my window that sounded like a car idling and revving- all day and night. The staff was rude and was never in the office. There is no internet access in the rooms, nor did I find any outside (cell reception is limited also). The pool is nothing like the pictures. The AC blew moldy air into the room; I had only resorted to that since opening the window was letting in too much noise. No relief. The shower was terrible. All in all- this place is like a bad (not all are) Motel 6, but it costs way more. I travel a lot and stay in all sorts of places; I am not picky. This is my first negative review; it unfortunately deserves it.

Room Tip: Stay away from the road and the ice machines! Don't get rooms1-6; aim for something in the 20...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ramsey, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had to book a weekend on short notice. On the Cape in July, this is tough especially on a budget. The motel is old but clean. I was really surprised to find the staff unfriendly when asked for any information, when you could find them. The breakfast is a buffet only for $9.00 and looked okay. There is coffee pot in your room but you cant buy a cup in the breakfast shop. By the way THERE IS NO WIFI IN YOUR ROOM! It's only outside in one spot. There was a flat screen tv but not one channel had a sharp picture. I'm not there for either of these things but if you have kids it might matter to you.

Room Tip: ask for a room way off the road. Stay away from the ice machine near room #2.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Edgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We bought a Livingsocial deal and have a great time and it was perfec. It was really nice, staff was beyond helpful and it was a great deal. Breakfast was cute and buffet style so we had lots of options and it was convenient to eat right there. The motel could not have been in a better location, close to the beach, the bike trail, Arnolds, 20 minutes from Provincetown. The rooms were spacious and clean. I recommend this to anyone that is looking for a great place to stay on the cape! Will definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I bought a Livingsocial deal for two nights' stay for two, including daily breakfast buffet, a round of mini-golfing at Arnold's Lobster & Clam Bar, and 24-hour bike rental from Little Capistrano Bike Shop. Initially, the idea of staying in a motel didn't seem at all exciting to me; however, I definitely needed a break from work, family, and city-life, and the Cape--plus the package deal--would be optimal for it.

The room was as expected for a motel: small and simple. There were clean towels, complementary soap and coffee, and clean beds for a double. The A/C worked wonderfully during the 95 degree weekend, and there was plenty of hot water for showers when desired. The breakfast buffet wasn't obviously gourmet, but it hit the spot with hot plates and hot coffee. Mini-golfing at Arnold's next door was great (we went earlier in the afternoon to beat out the families), but what made the trip amazing were two things:

1) Biking the Cape Cod trails. The staff members at Little Capistrano were great in helping us choose bikes, mapped us awesome trail options, and their friendliness just made the process so easy. The Cape Cod bike trails were beautiful and amazing, and definitely worth it for anyone visiting the area.

2) The staff at Town Crier Motel. The managers were incredibly friendly, always had a smile on their faces, and gave me the feel that I wasn't sleeping on simply their "property," but their home. I loved it.

The only con that I had was that after our first night, I decided to forgo maid service and had even placed a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the doorknob. When my girlfriend and I returned from biking, we saw that the room was in fact cleaned. You could imagine how distressed we were when we went in, realized that we had left not only our dirty clothes strewn about, but our valuables lying all over the room, expecting no one to come in but they did. Nothing was taken, but we did feel slightly like our privacy was encroached upon.

Regardless, I would definitely recommend Town Crier Motel to anyone and would even consider returning for another trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Town Crier Motel? Share your experiences!