“Perfect for what we needed!” 4 of 5 stars

3620 State Highway Rt 6, PO Box 457 Rt 6, Eastham, MA 02642   |
Special Offer
BOOK DIRECT AND SAVE!!
Ranked #5 of 9 hotels in Eastham
“Perfect for what we needed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

The staff was accommodating. The breakfast buffet was perfect. The ac worked great and the rooms were just as described. Quick access to all local areas. The rooms were clean and there were a few other surprise perks that came from our stay. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2012

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I had low expectations of this hotel, but we booked it because it was one of the only spots with availability. It actually managed to still be disappointing! It is very noisy. Our refrigerator squealed. There was an ice machine outside my window that sounded like a car idling and revving- all day and night. The staff was rude and was never in the office. There is no internet access in the rooms, nor did I find any outside (cell reception is limited also). The pool is nothing like the pictures. The AC blew moldy air into the room; I had only resorted to that since opening the window was letting in too much noise. No relief. The shower was terrible. All in all- this place is like a bad (not all are) Motel 6, but it costs way more. I travel a lot and stay in all sorts of places; I am not picky. This is my first negative review; it unfortunately deserves it.

Room Tip: Stay away from the road and the ice machines! Don't get rooms1-6; aim for something in the 20...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ramsey, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had to book a weekend on short notice. On the Cape in July, this is tough especially on a budget. The motel is old but clean. I was really surprised to find the staff unfriendly when asked for any information, when you could find them. The breakfast is a buffet only for $9.00 and looked okay. There is coffee pot in your room but you cant buy a cup in the breakfast shop. By the way THERE IS NO WIFI IN YOUR ROOM! It's only outside in one spot. There was a flat screen tv but not one channel had a sharp picture. I'm not there for either of these things but if you have kids it might matter to you.

Room Tip: ask for a room way off the road. Stay away from the ice machine near room #2.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Edgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We bought a Livingsocial deal and have a great time and it was perfec. It was really nice, staff was beyond helpful and it was a great deal. Breakfast was cute and buffet style so we had lots of options and it was convenient to eat right there. The motel could not have been in a better location, close to the beach, the bike trail, Arnolds, 20 minutes from Provincetown. The rooms were spacious and clean. I recommend this to anyone that is looking for a great place to stay on the cape! Will definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I bought a Livingsocial deal for two nights' stay for two, including daily breakfast buffet, a round of mini-golfing at Arnold's Lobster & Clam Bar, and 24-hour bike rental from Little Capistrano Bike Shop. Initially, the idea of staying in a motel didn't seem at all exciting to me; however, I definitely needed a break from work, family, and city-life, and the Cape--plus the package deal--would be optimal for it.

The room was as expected for a motel: small and simple. There were clean towels, complementary soap and coffee, and clean beds for a double. The A/C worked wonderfully during the 95 degree weekend, and there was plenty of hot water for showers when desired. The breakfast buffet wasn't obviously gourmet, but it hit the spot with hot plates and hot coffee. Mini-golfing at Arnold's next door was great (we went earlier in the afternoon to beat out the families), but what made the trip amazing were two things:

1) Biking the Cape Cod trails. The staff members at Little Capistrano were great in helping us choose bikes, mapped us awesome trail options, and their friendliness just made the process so easy. The Cape Cod bike trails were beautiful and amazing, and definitely worth it for anyone visiting the area.

2) The staff at Town Crier Motel. The managers were incredibly friendly, always had a smile on their faces, and gave me the feel that I wasn't sleeping on simply their "property," but their home. I loved it.

The only con that I had was that after our first night, I decided to forgo maid service and had even placed a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the doorknob. When my girlfriend and I returned from biking, we saw that the room was in fact cleaned. You could imagine how distressed we were when we went in, realized that we had left not only our dirty clothes strewn about, but our valuables lying all over the room, expecting no one to come in but they did. Nothing was taken, but we did feel slightly like our privacy was encroached upon.

Regardless, I would definitely recommend Town Crier Motel to anyone and would even consider returning for another trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My wife and I decided to get away for a two day stay on the Cape and chose the Town Crier. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean and well kept. While this location is not brand new it is very well maintained. The include a nice breakfast buffet that is homemade and very good. They offer some early season specials and I would recommend this motel for a nice get away.

Room Tip: I did not give a good rating to the fitness or room service since neither were offered at this locat...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed here with two teenagers for a night this week. It was 90 degrees out and the idea of a pool and the shore sounded good. The room was clean and in good condition. No smell of mildew or mold. Rooms are dated. The fixtures in our bath were turquoise and could be considered cute retro but they really should be updated. The breakfast is available poolside and is cooked to order. But the best part of the stay was the owner who is the nicest motel owner I have ever met on the Cape. She could be your great Aunt Sadie or Sally and genuinely seems to enjoy having visitors.

My major complaint was the wifi service. It was erratic at best and caused a lot of frustration. Please get it upgraded so I don't have to stay elsewhere next time.

My other issue is one that I have with all motels these days. They have too much furniture in the rooms so that once you bring in your luggage, things are pretty crowded

We'll be back, though.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Town Crier Motel? Share your experiences!