“we'll be back!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Darlington, England
“we'll be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

We stayed at the Four Points for a couple of nights on the way from New York to Boston as we needed a beach fix during a two week city based holiday!
I had read loads of reviews on Trip Advisor and elsewhere of all sorts of Cape Cod hotels and they were pretty much all bad so we were more than a little nervous of what would face us here.
I have to say we were delighted. Now, let’s get things straight, this is not a 5 star hotel in the middle of a fully functioning city. Eastham is a small town on the arm of Cape Cod next to one of the most gorgeous stretches of coastline we have ever been to.
The Four Points was fine. I would class it as an upmarket motel rather than a down market hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean. The full size fridge was very useful after a day sweltering on the beach and the bathroom was more than adequate for our party of 4 (two adults, 19 year old son and 16 year old daughter).
The indoor pool looked very nice (we didn’t use it) as did the outdoor pool (we didn’t use that either, we used the Atlantic!). There are a couple of tennis courts as well should you feel the urge to play (we didn’t!).
We did not have dinner in the hotel but we had breakfast and both the food and the service were great. It was also good value when compared to the daylight robbery of an English hotel for a full cooked breakfast.
The only negative comment would be that the air conditioning was a bit noisy but we were so tired that it made no difference to us.
The beach is what we came for and we weren’t disappointed. We popped into a local beach store on route 6 to get some stuff and they advised us not to go to Nauset beach but to go north 3-4 miles to Marconi beach as it would be quieter. Good advice as we found loads of room to spread out, play Frisbee etc. whilst Nauset was packed.
Eastham is only small but there are a few restaurants around. We went to the Lobster Shack on the first night. Great food, basic place but brilliant atmosphere. We were in shorts and flip flops straight off the beach and felt over dressed! Next night we went to the Sea Dog (I think it was called that) and that was even better. Full lobster and all the trimmings for £8! Magic!
I would have no qualms about coming back to Eastham as we loved the place. It was exactly what we wanted, a couple of chill-out nights, good food, nice relaxed restaurants and a comfortable place to stay.
See you soon Cape Cod!

• Liked — Clean, easy to get to, roomy and well located in Cape Cod. Away from the crowds as well
  • Disliked — noisy air conditioning
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Princeton, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

I am an Starwood Preferred Guest member and made my reservations through Starwood using points that I purchased to cover the three nights, since purchasing the points was alot cheaper than the $320 a night rate they were charging for that weekend. We had reserved a first floor handicapped accessible room. I called the morning of arrival to double confirm our reservation and assured that we were all set. On arrival at 5 pm, after waiting for a half hour while the desk manager was busy, we were told that they did not have a first floor accessible room available, and that Starwood never should have made that reservation for me. After waiting an hour and a half at the front desk we were told we could have a handicapped accessible room for just one night and would have to move two other times. I said that was unacceptable. We were finally given a 2nd floor non handicapped accessible room (there was no elevator and it was a struggle getting up and down the steps every time we went out). The air conditioning barely worked in that room, and we called for service and were told by the engineer that they try never to book that room because the a/c was not sufficiently designed for the size of the room. He told us to go out and get duck tape and tape the drape to the window so the a/c does not go up behind the drape. This was absolutely the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The manager, Ms. Trout, was rude, a liar, and didn't have her act together. I was later told by Starwood, who by the way were very apologetic, that it seemed from the computer that the Four Points gave our room away the afternoon of our arrival. They told me to request that the manager of the hotel, Ms. Trout, put points back in my account. Ms. Trout said she would but never did. I spent weeks trying to contact her but to no avail, and finally Starwood put 5,000 points back in my account themselves. Do not stay at the Four Points Sheraton in Eastham. It does not deserve to be a Starwood Hotel.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

This hotel has a good location if you want to surf on Cape Cod beaches. It also has a nice indoor pool and good room service. But the room wasn’t clean. The bedding sheets had stains and the bathroom was dirty. The air conditioner in the room was very loud switching on and off the whole night. We paid US$ 300 for one night. It’s too expensive. I don’t recommend it.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Soulfly_91
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2008

We had to wait a little over an hour to get our room, the people that were in the room didnt leave. The front desk help was very nice and kept apologizing for the delay. We got to the room finally and there was no bottled water no coffee. We went out and came back and asked the front desk and we were told that they must have forgot and they are too busy to bring us water.
But other than these minor problems the place was beautiful and clean. Pools were great, we will go back (bringing our own water next time)

• Liked — the room size and quality
  • Disliked — indoor pool closes too early
ashburn, va
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

"As a starwood preferred guest member paying high price, the room reserved for me was not worth the price that I paid. Smoker's residue in dark corner of the building with no view of outside. When I asked the front desk to reprogram the key that got erased by my cell phone, she responded with annoyed look. Clearly, the front desk girl has a long way to go with customer service. When I asked how I can change the channel on the TV and if she had a remote control, the desk manager said as a matter of factly that the channel cannot be changed because it's a policy. I responded, " Hyatt allows me to change channels". She responded, "you need to change it manually on the side of the TV". This is not the type of service you would expect at Starwood properties. I would not recommend other Starwood members to use this facility. Hyatt will get more business from me when I travel for business every month.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

We knew we wanted to stay midway between Hyannis & Provincetown & I did an online search & found this hotel on Trip Advisor. At first I was skeptical because some of the previous reviewers complained about the odor of chlorine & my husband has asthma & I was concerned. I called the hotel, as reviewers advised, & requested an upstairs room (the hotel has 2 floors). We did not smell any chlorine at all. The only down side to the 2nd floor is that there is no elevator. That was not a problem for us, but if you are unable to climb approximately 10 stairs & carry your luggage up (although the front desk said they would assist us with the luggage, we didn't need the help) I would not advise the 2nd floor. I asked my husband if he noticed anyone in the rooms next door. He said he had. The reason I asked is that I heard no noise whatsoever. The room appears to be soundproof! My husband used the fiitness center & was very pleased. The only problem (& it wasn't that big of a deal) is that some of the machines had TV's & if you didn't have head sets you could not hear. So please bring headsets if you plan on working out. The room was a very nice size and appointed quite well. We did not use the pool, but it was a beautiful looking area. My only complaint is the lack of ligthing on the balcony. The balcony overlooks the indoor pool & with the overhang it tend to be dark. I was able to read out there, but not easily.

• Liked — Location, room size
  • Disliked — For disabled travlers they would be unable to stay on the 2nd floor
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Beverly Hills, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2008

Ended up here with Priceline at an extremely reasonable rate. If you can bit on Priceline and get this place, awesome. I cannot complain about the rate we got in comparison to what it really sells for in season ($350-$400/night).

The rooms are decently designed. The have flat screen televisions. The bathroom is mediocre at best. The staff is extremely friendly and down-to-earth but they seem understaffed.

The entire hotel is a non-smoking property. Upon arrival to out room though, it smelled like an ashtray. We were then moved to a room a couple of doors down, which was the same.

The area is quite nice and there is plenty to see around this area (Arnold's Seafood and their DELICIOUS homemade ice cream), First Encounter Beach, and Nauset Beach are all within about 5 minutes from the hotel as a drive.

The parking lot though on the side of the hotel is PITCH BLACK at night.

They hav a small but adequate gym and it is open until about 10 or so, but if you need to work out later, just let the front desk know and they are accommodating.

The pool and jacuzzi area are a bit odd. They are both enclosed and the rooms are what circles them. It is just an odd design. Also, there were a few riffraffs hanging out and drinking beer around the property's pool area and parking lot.

The minor problems were solved (smoke smelling room) and the staff was friendly without being patronizing. They were just down to earth.

The business center provides free internet but only has one computer.

All in all, this is probably the nicest of the chain hotels in this area and a great deal with Priceline if you end up with it. However, if you are just trying to decide where to stay on the Cape, I would go with Provincetown (I wish we would have known this prior to booking the night here and the night in Hyannis).

• Liked — The flat screen television
  • Disliked — the small bathroom
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod? Share your experiences!