“Model of Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bomoseen, Vermont, Usa
“Model of Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I work in management for another hotel chain and I have rarely encountered customer service on the superior level that I was showin during my stay over this last weekend. i called to confirm my reservation with the night auditor, Denise (at the un-Godly hour of three A.M.) and she was the example of customer service. I hadn't been to the Cape before and I was just wondering what there was to do. She told me that she would take care of me and have some information ready for when I checked in. I was expecting something generic and useless, but upon check-in, I was given an overflowing envelope that contained brochures, museum passes, itineraries, area info, etc. She had a letter typed up welcoming me to the area and congratulating me on my college graduation (the reason we were on vacation celebrating.) The letter had various attractions listed, times for sunset and a handful of beaches that would be great to visit for the sunset. She went out on her own time and got museum passes for us from the local library as well.

During the day, I dealt with various people: Cassandra, the front office manager, and Krista, front desk guest service representative, who were both very warm and genuinely friendly. Cassandra had wonderful dinner recommendations and Krista had immense knowledge as well as maps of the property. Donna was extremely helpful as well when I misplaced my breakfast coupons and had billing questions.

We were right in between Hyannis and Provincetown, so there was an array of things to do within a relatively short drive. P-Town was beautiful and the weather was perfect! I would recommend making a visit there part of your itinerary.

My only recommendations, other than giving everyone raises for their outstanding performance, would be that the rooms that have balconies overlooking the indoor pool smell terribly of chlorine and are very hot. The air conditioner had to run on high constantly throughout the entire time we were there. I am sure that these issues have been addressed before and have no easy solution.

Many thanks to the amazing team that works here! Any shortfalls that you can encounter will be outweighed by the people you will meet that work here! I will definitely be returning to this property and will recommend it to everyone I know that is travelling to the area.

Room Tip: Pick one that does not overlook the indoor pool due to the constant smell of chlorine.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
FPEastham, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you so much for singing our praises! It really means a lot to know that we are making our guests happy! We hope that you will be visiting with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have now stayed at this hotel twice in the past three months, both for competitions for my girls. The first trip was plagued by poor and inattentive staff. The second by a lousy room with some poor guest service. The room we were assigned greated us a with a door with peeling paint. The hallways were suffocating hot. Our room's air conditioner unit was not working. Upon reporting it to the front desk first thing in the morning, I was offered no apology, but was instead was made to feel as if it was my fault (the front desk insisted that I did not have auto-fan on the thermostat, I did). They replaced the a/c unit (or so they said) but upon re-entering the room, the room was at 81 degrees. The room also had not been made up (though new towels were left). Another trip to the desk. This time a very helpful maintance crew came in and replaced the thermostat. No one came for the room until after 7:00 pm at which time we said thanks, but no thanks.
This property is just tired. It is old and the rooms are hit or miss, but the indifferent staff highlights its short comings. I am usually willing to look the other way on physical issues if the room is clean and the staff is friendly. Neither happened here, and so I will be looking for a new hotel in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear tom m,
I sincerely apologize for any disappointments during your past two stays as we strive to make each stay enjoyable and exceed expectations. We're sorry that the A/C unit was not working properly while you were here. To prepare for our peak season and the summer months, our A/C units have gone through a routine check-up and we hope you do not experience this challenge in the future. Thanks again for letting us know about your experience, we're sorry we were not able to meet your expectations.
Mansfield, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was there for a family getaway over the weekend and found the hotel to be very clean and the beds were great. The staff went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our stay and the kids really enjoyed the indoor pool. I think they also have an outdoor pool but it was not open in the offseason. It is very close to the National Seashore and several amazing beaches.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Steve G,
We're so glad you had a great stay during your family weekend getaway. It's great that your family was able to take advantage of our large, indoor heated pool and our convenient location to some of the area's local attractions and top rated beaches. We hope to see you again soon when the weather is warmer and our outdoor pool is open for your kids to enjoy. Thanks again for sharing and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Northborough, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Attended a wedding in Harwich and had stayed here before. Rooms at the Wequassett Resort started at $350+/nt. so we stayed here. Didn't spend much time at the hotel. In the you-get-what-you-pay-for category, I guess it was ok for the price ($139 +tax non-refundable).

Could definitely have been a lot cleaner, that would be my biggest complaint. Check-in was agonizingly slow, but the clerk was friendly and helpful. I think she was all alone, answering telephone calls inside and out while checking a long line of folks in. Almost the worst of hotel/motel worlds having to drive around back to get to your room but still not being near your room or having any kind of direct out-side access like a motel. Not even a window. Entire place smelled like chlorine. My fond memory of the previous visit many years ago has now faded away.... it is time for a refresher Sheraton People!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear PuritanFaust,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We hope you had a great time at the wedding. We're sorry the check-in process was not as smooth as you had hoped but it's great to hear that our team was able to provide great service to you. Thanks again for sharing and we hope you will visit us again soon.
Everett, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My friends and I stay over in the Four Points Sheraton Eastham, and I have nothing else to say , but our stay was very pleasant , from first moment we walked in the hotel beautifull fresh smell , and very clean lobby was first sign that we are in for the treat. Pleaseant stuff willing to help, clean and freshly made rooms , pool ,restaurant , food , all around great stay and looking forward going there again. I would strongly reccomend this place. Can not wait to go there again and explore more.

Room Tip: I have pool side room and it was absolutely amazing, speacially if you have kids, you can even sit i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
It is great to hear that you can’t wait to return! Thanks so much for the review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!
New York City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Upon check in, we were given our key card and told to drive to the opposite side of the building for the nearest entrance. Turns out the room was on the same side as check in. It happens, no big deal. The hotel was nearly empty but for whatever reason they put us in a room outfitted for handicapped access. The room was large and clean with popcorn sectioned ceiling panels. Night 2, while showering but not realizing the clogged bath drain (compounded by the low lipped access shower), the floor flooded. I called the front desk to request assistance.... "the bathroom floor is flooded"..... "Can I bring you some extra towels?"..... "No, how about a squeegee and a snake, like now!"..... "no need to be rude sir". I insisted we be moved into another room. "We only have one room left, but with two double beds". Yes, it was a Saturday night, but in mid April on Cape Cod, not one comparable room? Okay. New room along side the indoor pool, ah, the aroma of chlorine accompanied by little ones squealing while just having a ball. AND pricey to boot! Take a pass on this gem.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear RobNYC,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay in Eastham. We apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations and was not as comfortable as you had hoped. Mid-April is school vacation week in MA and a busy time for our hotel as many families bring their kids in order to take advantage of our large, indoor, heated pool. Because of the high occupancy we experienced during your stay, room type choices were limited. We do apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you again for sharing and we hope you’ll give us another chance to host you in the future. We promise to make every effort to accommodate your room type preference.
Ft.Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I booked the Hyannis Suite for my family of 5. My children are all grown, so we would have needed at least 2 rooms, so I decided to splurge on the suite. In March, the suite costs is about $300. It has 2 large, spacious bedrooms, a kitchen area (refrigerator, microwave, sink, dinnerware, kitchen table) a large living area with a pullout sofa and 4 easy chairs. Also, there was a very large patio looking out over the indoor pool area. And the pool area is beautiful, with tress, potted plants, and a high cathedral wood ceiling. Truly gorgeous. I was so pleasantly surprised. The staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean. Our weekend was terrific, thanks largely to the Four Points Sheraton.

The only thing I would not recommend is the hotel's restaurant, The Bellamy Grill. My daughter ordered the baked cod, and one would think there's not a restaurant on Cape Cod that could mess that up. But it was chewy and just gave off the impression it wasn't freshly caught. Perhaps it had been frozen; in any event, there are so many excellent seafood restaurants on Cape Cod, it's very easy to bypass this one. It was very good for breakfast, though. The decor also fit better for breakfast - it has a very homey, country-kitchen feel. For me, great for breakfast, but I prefer a pub-type feel or more elegance at dinnertime.

Overall, still an excellent experience. I would come back here in a heartbeat. I didn't want to leave!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod? Share your experiences!