“What a Pleasant Surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Eastham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ft.Lauderdale
“What a Pleasant Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I booked the Hyannis Suite for my family of 5. My children are all grown, so we would have needed at least 2 rooms, so I decided to splurge on the suite. In March, the suite costs is about $300. It has 2 large, spacious bedrooms, a kitchen area (refrigerator, microwave, sink, dinnerware, kitchen table) a large living area with a pullout sofa and 4 easy chairs. Also, there was a very large patio looking out over the indoor pool area. And the pool area is beautiful, with tress, potted plants, and a high cathedral wood ceiling. Truly gorgeous. I was so pleasantly surprised. The staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean. Our weekend was terrific, thanks largely to the Four Points Sheraton.

The only thing I would not recommend is the hotel's restaurant, The Bellamy Grill. My daughter ordered the baked cod, and one would think there's not a restaurant on Cape Cod that could mess that up. But it was chewy and just gave off the impression it wasn't freshly caught. Perhaps it had been frozen; in any event, there are so many excellent seafood restaurants on Cape Cod, it's very easy to bypass this one. It was very good for breakfast, though. The decor also fit better for breakfast - it has a very homey, country-kitchen feel. For me, great for breakfast, but I prefer a pub-type feel or more elegance at dinnertime.

Overall, still an excellent experience. I would come back here in a heartbeat. I didn't want to leave!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Brewster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My family was lucky enough to stay at The Four Points Sheraton in Eastham during the worst blizzard on Cape Cod in years. Not knowing when the electricity would come back on, we left our cold, dark house with our 2.5 year old son and it was like heaven to walk into the beautiful lobby with the warm fireplace glowing! The hotel had been without power too and it had just been restored. The staff was obviously under duress with the extreme weather, lack of power and I'm sure, lack of sleep. Their computer and telephones had just been restored but although they were clearly extremely busy they were calm, empathetic and did their best to accommodate everyone fairly. The hotel was fully booked so the restaurant staff too, was clearly inundated but even under these circumstances the food was excellent and the service too. I was really impressed with the staff and the amenities. They put out complimentary hot chocolate for guests in the lobby by the fireplace, the pool was warm and the beds very comfortable. I didn't want to leave! I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The Sheraton Four Points provided the perfect backdrop for a quick trip to Cape Cod as an antidote to winter's drugery. Our room was very spacious, very clean and tastefully decorated in a pretty palate of summer blues, whites and beige tones. Bright nautical prints and other artwork featuring local scenes cheerfully graced the walls in our room and also the hallways. The beds and pillows were incredibly comfortable and allowed for a very restful stay. The staff was attentive and competently answered any questions we had. The indoor pool area is huge and very inviting in the midst of a cold winter day! Kudos to the Sheraton Four Points for providing such an outstanding facility in Eastham.

Room Tip: This is a Starwood property. Larger rooms are offered to individuals who are enrolled in the "...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Carver, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

It had been quite some time since I had stayed at this hotel. The last time I was there it was getting a bit dated. However, there aren't very many lodging establishments open in Eastham this time of year. I must say, I was incredibly impressed with the total upgrade of this hotel. The lobby is bright, cheery, and nicely decorated. The indoor pool is large, clean, and nicely landscaped. Our room was impeccably clean. The staff was very accommodating. The only drawback would be that the hotel does not have an elevator to the second floor. so, if you have a handicap or don't want to hassle with bags up the stairs, request a first floor room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
FPEastham, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hello & welcome back! Glad you enjoyed the updates and thank you for sharing your experience! Maybe some day we will have an elevator but in the meantime, we will do everything we can to accommodate a request for a first floor room and we are always happy to help with your bags. We sure do hope to see you again!
Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My experience began upon entering the rundown lobby. The two ladies at reception were pleasant enough, but it didn't make up for this tired, aging facility. It is almost motel-like, particularly since I was given a room on the bottom floor with a view of the parking lot. I asked to move and was told that I could have another room, but it would require me to lug my own baggage up a couple of flights. Since I was tired and wearing heels, I opted out. No bellman and the kid who made pizza in the snack bar adjacent to the reception desk had left for the night. Everything was old: paint coming off of walls, dated bathroom faucets, a heater that blased out cool air (it was less than 15 degrees that night) and a general feeling of ickiness. If you are used to nice, clean Starwood resorts--you won't like it here. However, I spoke with one mother, and she had no problem with it for a family beach weekend in the summer. I was on a business trip and was extremely disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. As you mentioned, we are a two story hotel, without an elevator, so a room on the second floor would require using the stairs but we are most often able to provide luggage assistance despite the absence of a bellman. Some of the information in your review almost made me wonder if you had the right hotel because the lobby does not appear rundown and received a full renovation just a few years ago. I also am not aware of peeling paint and we do not have pizza available in a snack bar adjacent to the reception desk. We have a full service restaurant in the hotel and there is a small pantry adjacent to the front desk that does not provide food service or pizza. I will assume you did in fact stay here and again, I truly am sorry that you were disappointed. I do appreciate your feedback and I wish we had been able to accommodate you better. I wish you well in your future travel experiences.
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here last weekend with family members for a min-family reunion. Great weekend made better by great staff service at the Four Points. We arrived very early to area and dropped by just to see when room would be ready. The said we could check in then!!! Very big help with our visiting plans. When we checked it it was obvious there was a big event booked at the hotel. ( A Ladies Weekend), we have stayed at places before and found out a big event was booked and had a bad experience. Not so here!! The event was run smoothly, hotel staff kept things clean and well run. There is a great indoor pool and we were expecting a busy pool. Busy yes but staff were attentive, replenishing towels, checking pool cleanliness and keeping area clean. We had a great time and met some new friends as well.
Hotel has an entrance to Cape Cod Bike path in back of their building!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for sharing your positive experience. It is so rewarding to hear that our guests have a great visit with us. The Girls Getaway weekend that you mentioned is an annual event and I am happy to hear that you were not all at inconvenienced by such a large group. We hope to see you again!
Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Well, another summer has come and gone and we were at the Four Points in Eastham again and glad we chose to stay there.
The management did do as they said and redid the indoor pool tiles- really nice now.
We had a small maintenance issue in the room and it was attended to quickly and without an issue- thank you.
The staff here are very friendly and my family loved the lemon water and cookies offered in the afternoon (in the lobby).
We rented bikes down the road and took advantage of the bike trail behind the hotel (nice) and the bike storage area.
The hotel is always kept clean and tidy.
I still wish there were more places to hang towels in the rooms..with shower, pool, beach, etc..as there are not places to do that.
There was a musty smell to our hotel room that really never went away...it was there upon check-in and we figured it out the day we left. The AC leaks (or condensation?) in the room and left a puddle on the rug. Not good- I hope this is addressed as a whole.
Breakfast- why so expensive? Possibly raise the rates a tad and offer free to guests. Most 4-points we go to have free breakfast.
Pool- I understand there is some arrangement with the hotel next door to share pools, but this should be looked into. The outdoor pool were overcrowded every time (4 xs) we tried to go. We saw these guests leave and come from the hotel and knew it was not from guests at our hotel.
Overall, a nice place to stay when on the Cape..a few changes and it'd be superb!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review and the suggestions. It is always helpful to hear from our guests about their experiences with us. I thank you so much for the compliments and will consider all of the great suggestions you made. We look forward to seeing you again!
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod? Share your experiences!