“Back again and had a great time...” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Potomac, Maryland
“Back again and had a great time...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Well, another summer has come and gone and we were at the Four Points in Eastham again and glad we chose to stay there.
The management did do as they said and redid the indoor pool tiles- really nice now.
We had a small maintenance issue in the room and it was attended to quickly and without an issue- thank you.
The staff here are very friendly and my family loved the lemon water and cookies offered in the afternoon (in the lobby).
We rented bikes down the road and took advantage of the bike trail behind the hotel (nice) and the bike storage area.
The hotel is always kept clean and tidy.
I still wish there were more places to hang towels in the rooms..with shower, pool, beach, etc..as there are not places to do that.
There was a musty smell to our hotel room that really never went away...it was there upon check-in and we figured it out the day we left. The AC leaks (or condensation?) in the room and left a puddle on the rug. Not good- I hope this is addressed as a whole.
Breakfast- why so expensive? Possibly raise the rates a tad and offer free to guests. Most 4-points we go to have free breakfast.
Pool- I understand there is some arrangement with the hotel next door to share pools, but this should be looked into. The outdoor pool were overcrowded every time (4 xs) we tried to go. We saw these guests leave and come from the hotel and knew it was not from guests at our hotel.
Overall, a nice place to stay when on the Cape..a few changes and it'd be superb!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
FPEastham, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for the review and the suggestions. It is always helpful to hear from our guests about their experiences with us. I thank you so much for the compliments and will consider all of the great suggestions you made. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Holyoke, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stay at the Hotel on a regular basis and I cannot say enough good things about it. Staff is friendly, rooms are clean & its a great location. I stayed at another hotel, which made me realize how wonderful the Four Points actually is. Anyone who is staying on business, or just coming to relax it is the perfect spot. I enjoy coming every time and I'm looking forward to coming back very soon!!

And by the way, the eggs benedict is to die for!! Got room service and it was piping hot as it was delivered to my door!

Room Tip: If you want quiet and come during school vacations or the summer, sleep on the outside of the buildi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Poughkeepsie, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have stayed at the Four Points Sheraton several times over the past 20+ years, but my stay in September for a wedding was my first in quite awhile. Little has changed over the years, which is good and bad. I chose this hotel because I had enough points for a free two-night stay, rather than pay $500 a night for the resort hotel at which the wedding reception was held.

Check-in was quick and pleasant. It is a two-story property, and as long as you don't need an elevator for luggage or people with mobility issues, you're fine. My room was very large, with two queen beds and a nice bathroom. That stale, musty odor that I recall from previous stays was still there, though five minutes later I got used to it and didn't notice it. I had a great night's sleep in the very comfortable bed, loaded with big, fluffy pillows.

There are indoor and outdoor pools and a small (and therefore busy) but well-equipped fitness room. There was also a wedding at this property that post-Labor Day weekend, so obviously the hotel can handle big events.

The location in Eastham is superb, near several beaches, each of which have steep climbs down to the water because of erosion over the years. There is also a superb informal French cafe, PB Boulangerie & Bistro, a couple of minutes up Route 6 to Lecount Hollow Road in South Wellfleet. Be prepared for a tough time finding a parking space and a bit of a line in the morning, but the delicious croissants and other pastries are worth the wait. Chatham, with its nice shops, and wonderful, funky Provincetown are short rides away.

Obviously, since the rooms were free, I couldn't beat the price, but overall, I will probably be back yet again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Eastham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We wanted a party for an in-town committee and on short notice called the 4 Points.
Got a good price and all the arrangements, but what we didn't expect from a hotel was the excellent catering staff. A speedy bar tender...good thing, there were a hundred of us.
And the canapes and hors d'oeuvres were delicious and served frequently by a friendly and efficient staff. Loved those deviled eggs. Nice to have a resource like this right in town. My brother stays there when he's in town and likes the remodeled rooms.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The suites in this hotel on Cape Cod, only two, are worth every penny. The manager kindly gave me a suite for two nights as platinum spg member for the price of one but I am telling you I would pay for both nights happily. They are REAL two bedroom suites, with a kitchen, living room, and bathroom. The best part is they have these huge balconies that overlook an inside heated pool that is in a large heated room. Plenty of space for larger parties.

Also, everyone was very nice from the waitress to bartender to manager.

The location was only about 15 minutes from Provincetown which is a whole city with an energy you just have to personally experience.

The restaurant was good enough for a hungry dinner. I was looking for lobster and didnt quite find it but the breakfasts were good. Instead, we found our lobster at a local fish house. Local oysters were excellent.

We will be back.

Room Tip: You need to just get the suite.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
FPEastham, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
One of my favorite things - reading a review from a happy customer! It is such a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed meeting our friendly staff and that you were impressed with the large suites. I wish we had more of them! I truly appreciate your review and we certainly hope to see you again!
Warsaw, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I am normally one to have no problems with anything- pretty laid back but I wasn't a fan of this Sheraton. My husband and I stay in them quite often bc we have points and this is def the worst one we've been too. Maybe we just had bad luck but the room smelled awful (like someone had been smoking in it) and no I didn't get a new room- we dealt with it. Normally we aren't in our hotel rooms much at all but this was our last night of vacay and we were just exhausted so we stayed in there quite a bit and it just smelled & we even smoke (just not inside). We had porblems with our key not working - got a few different keys and could never get into our room, however the staff was very nice and helpful with it.

The pool area was def the nicest part and when you see that pic you think, wow looks great- the rooms just need updated and it just didn't feel cozy. I think for one night- passing through sure...but I wouldn't wanna stay here again. However the other 3 hotels we stayed in on that vacation were awesome so maybe I'm just comparing it to that, but wasn't 100% pleased.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize for the odor in your room and the problem you experienced with your keys. Your comfort is a major concern and it sounds like we did not provide that. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the pool and found the staff to be friendly. Thank you again for your review and I hope you will reconsider and give us a second chance if you are in the area.
Groningen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Very central on Cape Cod at Eastham and during our stay not much to complain.
Dinner at Bellamy inside the hotel was not that good, but breakfast was excellent. Rooms are large, very nice large pool, large tv screen and for the money you pay for the room an excellent choice to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
It sure is nice to hear you had such a great visit with us! Thank you for sharing and we look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod? Share your experiences!