“Room smelled of smoke and was a bit run down” 3 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Eastham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Warsaw, Illinois
“Room smelled of smoke and was a bit run down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I am normally one to have no problems with anything- pretty laid back but I wasn't a fan of this Sheraton. My husband and I stay in them quite often bc we have points and this is def the worst one we've been too. Maybe we just had bad luck but the room smelled awful (like someone had been smoking in it) and no I didn't get a new room- we dealt with it. Normally we aren't in our hotel rooms much at all but this was our last night of vacay and we were just exhausted so we stayed in there quite a bit and it just smelled & we even smoke (just not inside). We had porblems with our key not working - got a few different keys and could never get into our room, however the staff was very nice and helpful with it.

The pool area was def the nicest part and when you see that pic you think, wow looks great- the rooms just need updated and it just didn't feel cozy. I think for one night- passing through sure...but I wouldn't wanna stay here again. However the other 3 hotels we stayed in on that vacation were awesome so maybe I'm just comparing it to that, but wasn't 100% pleased.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
FPEastham, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize for the odor in your room and the problem you experienced with your keys. Your comfort is a major concern and it sounds like we did not provide that. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the pool and found the staff to be friendly. Thank you again for your review and I hope you will reconsider and give us a second chance if you are in the area.

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Groningen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Very central on Cape Cod at Eastham and during our stay not much to complain.
Dinner at Bellamy inside the hotel was not that good, but breakfast was excellent. Rooms are large, very nice large pool, large tv screen and for the money you pay for the room an excellent choice to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
It sure is nice to hear you had such a great visit with us! Thank you for sharing and we look forward to seeing you again!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Considering it is part of the Sheraton chain, we were hoping for something a litte better. The hotel is somewhat dated but clean. First time I've been to a hotel where there is no elevator, which made it challenging for us to lug our suitcases, stroller and little one up the stairs. We noticed some stains on our bedsheets, and the following morning asked for them to be replaced. However, they were just kept on the beds! The pool was nice but kept a little too cool for comfort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cheshire, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed overnight at the Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod - on 10/12/2012. The room was of a decent size - clean and neat. The bathroom had one nice touch: Soap, shampoo, and conditioner from handy wall-mounted dispensers in the shower - no need to uncap, recap containers and try not to drop them. The restaurant served an ok dinner (spareribs, for one) and the breakfast buffet was also good. I wish I had seen one of the recent comments about the facility's layout: A two-store motel, with (therefore) about half the rooms on the second floor. When I checked in, the sprightly man behind the desk cheerily gave us room 201, and indicated on the hotel plan the entrance from the side parking lot we should take. There was no mention that this two story hotel had NO ELEVATORS! None. Nada. Nor did he offer to provide help with our luggage. When a housekeeper saw us struggling with heavy suitcases ( 7 stairs to a landing, another 7 to the second floor, and a heavy door to the hallway), she apparently summoned help. Two men, not in uniform of any kind, appeared and offered to help us. Leaving aside the interesting question of what dithering idiot of an architect or architectural engineer would omit elevators from a two story, otherwise fully equipped motel, as if this were a small bed-and-breakfast in an historic home -- we come to the lack of service help from the hotel management for occupants of a second-floor room. Either warn them of the no elevators fact, offer them a first floor room instead, or at least offer help with luggage. The failure of service cannot be blamed on an architect. For the reputation of the brand, and the price per room in the off-season of Cape Cod, this experience was a big disappointment.

Room Tip: If you must go to Eastham, MA, and if you have member points to spend, by all means demand a first f...
Providence, RI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stay here because we can get Starwood points or use our points to get a room. But even by Four Points standards, this place is a bit beat up. And that's probably typical for a busy Cape Cod hotel. But the location is good, although right on a very busy Rt 6. Again, it's summertime on the Cape...what do you expect? If you need a hotel where you're really going to spend a lot of your time, you may want to look elsewhere. But if all you need is a bed, this is just fine.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hudson, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Although some reviews are not that positive our stay at the Four Points in July was great. Rooms nice, spacious, clean. Don't expect a 5 star hotel for but location, pools, etc, we were pleased. A bit on the expensive side but again, the location is idea to hit the beach, Ptown, etc. Would definietly go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
FPEastham, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am glad you appreciated the convenient location and comfortable room and so happy to hear that you will be back!
Great Falls VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Ok, so we all know that options for hotels on the cape are pretty limited....that being said, I will opt for an Inn over this Sheraton Four Points next time.

Check in:

I waited for 15 minutes as the woman behind the counter checked in another guest. She was unable to find the other guest's reservation, chit chatted about the weather, etc. For the first 10 minutes another employee was right next to her doing paperwork. He looked directly at me and told the other clerk... "I think I'll just be taking off now" and left me in line without checking me in... great service.

After my 15 minute wait, the clerk was unable to determine if my room (I booked one of their two suites) was even available. She said that it was double booked for the second night of my stay & stared at me as if I was supposed to say "gee, that's ok". She continued to answer the phone, and then proceeded to provide another guest with directions as I waited for my over priced suite key. Finally, she gave up and asked a manager in an adjacent room, who had been there the entire time, to assist me. Maybe could you have done that up front Cheryl???? Yes?

The Property:

The property is an old motorcourt style hotel with a roof that has been installed between buildings to create the indoor pool. The rooms air conditioning units are facing IN, so it is hot, musty and the condensation sits in the carpets. If you have allergies good luck... There is also no elevator (remember motor court hotel) to bring the luggage to the second floor.

The Suite was average, but was not well laid out. The bathroom is in a room behind the shower, so it is off limits if you have a shy guest in the shower. There is only one mirror outside the bathroom and it is located behind a door. The walls were paper thin and the next door neighbors were so loud that we could barely sleep.

To summarize: HORRIBLE customer service, Zero respect for my time, dank surroundings and loud guests.

An indoor pool doesn't make up for any of this. Sheraton should close this place down until they can clean it up & train the staff. I travel 150 days a year & this is the worst experience I've had... oh, and thanks for the lesson on how to use the door key card, that's another 48 seconds of my life I will never get back.

Room Tip: Stay away from this property
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
First off, my sincer apologies. There is no excuse for the delay and treatment you experienced at check in. I would be most grateful for an opportunity to speak with you if you would not mind giving me a call.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod? Share your experiences!