“Not up to Sheraton Standards” 1 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #6 of 9 hotels in Eastham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Great Falls VA
“Not up to Sheraton Standards”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Ok, so we all know that options for hotels on the cape are pretty limited....that being said, I will opt for an Inn over this Sheraton Four Points next time.

Check in:

I waited for 15 minutes as the woman behind the counter checked in another guest. She was unable to find the other guest's reservation, chit chatted about the weather, etc. For the first 10 minutes another employee was right next to her doing paperwork. He looked directly at me and told the other clerk... "I think I'll just be taking off now" and left me in line without checking me in... great service.

After my 15 minute wait, the clerk was unable to determine if my room (I booked one of their two suites) was even available. She said that it was double booked for the second night of my stay & stared at me as if I was supposed to say "gee, that's ok". She continued to answer the phone, and then proceeded to provide another guest with directions as I waited for my over priced suite key. Finally, she gave up and asked a manager in an adjacent room, who had been there the entire time, to assist me. Maybe could you have done that up front Cheryl???? Yes?

The Property:

The property is an old motorcourt style hotel with a roof that has been installed between buildings to create the indoor pool. The rooms air conditioning units are facing IN, so it is hot, musty and the condensation sits in the carpets. If you have allergies good luck... There is also no elevator (remember motor court hotel) to bring the luggage to the second floor.

The Suite was average, but was not well laid out. The bathroom is in a room behind the shower, so it is off limits if you have a shy guest in the shower. There is only one mirror outside the bathroom and it is located behind a door. The walls were paper thin and the next door neighbors were so loud that we could barely sleep.

To summarize: HORRIBLE customer service, Zero respect for my time, dank surroundings and loud guests.

An indoor pool doesn't make up for any of this. Sheraton should close this place down until they can clean it up & train the staff. I travel 150 days a year & this is the worst experience I've had... oh, and thanks for the lesson on how to use the door key card, that's another 48 seconds of my life I will never get back.

Room Tip: Stay away from this property
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
FPEastham, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
First off, my sincer apologies. There is no excuse for the delay and treatment you experienced at check in. I would be most grateful for an opportunity to speak with you if you would not mind giving me a call.

299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

After checking out a few inns with character, we decided to go for a standard chain hotel on a recent brief trip to Cape Cod. Good choice! Our room at the Four Points was spacious and comfortably furnished with two queen beds, two armchairs, dining table, coffee maker, flat screen TV, etc. Moreover, and unlike the inns with character, we had access to both and indoor and outdoor pool, jacuzzi, bar and restaurant, as well as a bicycle storage shed. And it was less expensive than the accommodation at the inns with character.

Room Tip: We preferred not to stay in one of the poolside rooms since these were a little smaller and had no w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience! I am very happy to hear that you found the amenities of our hotel to your liking. Hope to see you return soon!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and we used SPG points. The rooms are badly in need of updating and we were not offered a king size bed or any kind of upgrade despite the fact that we are Platinum Members in the Starwood system. The air conditioning unit ran almost all the time and despite requests to the front desk they were unable to fix the unit. In addition, there was a very loud ice machine down the hall from our room. The pool definitely needs to be updated and the restaurant was o.k. for breakfast, but nothing more.

The parking lot is also too small for this facility because we had to park basically on the street along side the hotel because there was not enough regular parking for guests.

Room Tip: Look for something else on Cape Cod.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry to hear that we were unable to upgrade you during your stay. We have somewhat limited upgrade potential and it is especially difficult on sold out nights. I wish we could have accommodated you better and do hope that you will consider returning. I am surprised to hear that you thought the pool needed updating as a considerable amount of work was just completed in the spring and our guests just love the it! Thank you for your review and safe travels.
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Visited for five days this August 2012 with my wife. We were well received and easily found our room on the second floor (please note that there is no elevator), which was well decorated and prepared for our visit.
Our room, which was at the end of the hall, had a balcony with two chairs that overlooked the inside swimming pool. Our room was well situated and we were never inconvenienced by any noise emanating from early morning or evening swimmers.
The outdoor pool was well situated on the property and allowed for sunning and a nice alternative to the area beaches.
The hotel has a restaurant, which we never utilized, but could have had we wanted to.
The hotel front office staff and other support staff were always professional, courteous and ready to respond to any need.

Room Tip: Request a room to either end of the corridor in order to avoid early or late indoor swimmers.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Just want to thank you for your recent stay and your complimentary review! So glad you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to seeing you again!
massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I used SPG points to stay at the Four Points. In the past when we've stayed there, we were given an inside room overlooking the courtyard. This time I asked for an outside room and it made a big difference in terms of lighting and noise. Plus the room was huge!

We didn't eat at the hotel (for breakfast we love the Fairway Restaurant across the road). I used the computers in the business center. One was very slow but the other was fine.

I thoroughly recommend this hotel, as it is so convenient to restaurants (like Sir Cricket's in Orleans), stores, and the beaches.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Glad you had an excellent stay! I also have to say that I am a fan of the Fairway for breakfast and Sir Cricket's! We hope to see you again and I appreciate the review!
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The service was on par with a Ritz Carlton. Everyone was so helpful from the front desk, restaurant and house keeping. Although it's more of a motel (I pretended I was camping), and there is no view and location is on the main highway... you would be shocked that I loved this place! We were 10 minutes to the beach, 3 minutes to good breakfast spots and 25 minutes to Chatham which is a must if you like a quaint town with water views, fabulous dining and adorable shops. P town for whale watching and galleries, which we did not visit, is only 30 minutes away. Request a quiet room and you will enjoy your stay. The price is right for the spacious room that you will have. I was very pleasantly surprised mostly with the service.

Room Tip: quiet room, not near indoor pool or highway side of the property.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

What happened?! We've stayed at your hotel many many times but this time was a big miss on the part of the property.
First, there was a cockroach that crawled out of the tray from underneath the coffee maker as we got up in the morning...what a surprise for my wife!
Also, when we returned one evening, more than half of all the outlets were nonfunctional, the lights were not working, and the clock-radio was off. After a call to the front desk, the response was a nonchalant, 'oh, must be a circuit-breaker,' as if this happens all the time...really?!
The bathtub wasn't so clean when we first arrived, but I suppose that's simply part of being so close to the beach.
And there were old towels all around the indoor pool (and no new towels) when we arrived at 8AM in the morning -- I suppose, from the evening/night before. The outdoor tennis and basketball courts are nice to have, but could use a little updating...that's ok, though.
As an SPG lifetime gold member, the welcome gift is 125 starpoints (this is automatic, not offered as a choice at checkin as apparently the beverage option doesn't exist, and the Internet is already free)

We've stayed at this property many many times before and have had great stays in the past. The location is great -- the cape cod rail trail is behind the hotel, and next door, is Arnold's! It's extremely convenient to the beautiful Wellfleet beaches and to the National Seashore.

We hope the property will look to improve and hope to return when that happens. I'd be happy to connect with the hotel managers to provide additional detail

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod? Share your experiences!