“Beautiful inn on Cape Cod” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
40% off 2 nights midweek
Ranked #3 of 9 Eastham B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“Beautiful inn on Cape Cod”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Beautiful inn, nice, tasteful decor. Inviting common spaces, especially the living room with fireplace. 1 laptop available for use by guests. Even the toiletries and towels were delightful. Friendly, helpful staff. Located right across from the National Seashore visitors center and a bike rental.

Room Tip: Sunset room is spacious, nicely decorated. It is above the back staircase, which leads to the living...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I visited for a two night stay with my husband,our three month old son and my in-laws. The house is stunning, the rooms are clean and comfortable (beautiful linen and towels).
We enjoyed the fire place and homely feel, a short drive to a beach and lighthouse and several great eateries.
For a relaxing getaway - stay at Inn at the Oaks!

Room Tip: Sunrise and sunset rooms were great!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I went on March 25th late winter / early spring... we had a great time here! The manager and the Inn keeper where outstanding and gave us helpful tips of where to go and where to eat. The Inn is very beautiful and well kept. we stayed in the carriage house and the room was very big, the bed was to die for! The bathroom is very small but the size of the room it's pretty big with a small living room. The only bad thing of the room is that you can hear the guests from upstair walking and it can be annoying when you are ready to sleep. They offer cookies and tea in the afternoon and I love this little details, they also left us a box of cape cod chocolates in the bed. The breakfast was delicious although I would have like a hot selection also... In the Inn you can find all the maps and activities of the surroundings. The Inn it's pretty close to Coast Guard beach that it was beautifil.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed at the Inn in November and found the staff and rooms just as inviting as I remember. The weather was cold, but I particularly enjoyed sitting by the fire reading. I stayed in the Sunset Room which was beautifully decorated and sparkling clean. Thinking about coming again soon!
Can't wait to get back to the Cape and possibly bring my dog.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Cambridge, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We bought a deal through Living Social and promptly emailed to make our reservation. We were met with negativity from Samantha after the 1st 2 emails exchanged.

I was simply requesting a specific room (which makes sense if you are making a reservation), which was available as I had looked at the booking calendar. I was trying to explain the reason for our request and that, as paying customers (regardless of deal or full price), we were entitled to the same courtesies as all other customers. She was incredibly rigid and nasty, but the icing on the cake was when (after I had mentioned in an email that this was a mini-babymoon for us), Samantha told me that I was clearly raging with pregnancy hormones and couldn't read the fine print. Excuse me?!

I was unwilling to continue the conversation and promptly hung up the phone and contacted Living Social for a full refund. That kind of "customer service" is beyond deplorable. I certainly hope people reconsider doing business with The Inn at the Oaks in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
traveler22648, Owner at Inn at the Oaks, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
We are very sorry that this person had a bad experience trying to make a reservation, but of course there are two sides to every story. Our reservationist felt that the traveler was asking for accommodations that did not comply with the terms and conditions stated in the Living Social offer, and I'm sure did not mean to offend her in anyway. We are proud of reputation for customer service, and always concerned when a person is unhappy. We will reach out to this traveler and see if we can "make things right."
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Exceeded all our expectations and more. This charming house has character. Staff were super. We had to check out very early morning to drive back to Boston, so our breakfasts were pre-packed for our convenience. Food was fresh and yummy. Only regret was we couldn't stay longer. Definately recommend Inn on the Oaks if you're in Cape Cod.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Salem, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I went here for the weekend in the off season because of a living social deal I bought online. Glad I bought it and went. It was good for a two night stay at a suite on the property. The reservation process was seemless. From reservation to stay to checkout the staff was attentive and friendly. We had a hand written note in our room when we checked in which in this day in technology is not common. When asking for food reccomendations or things to do the staff was willing to ask questions to help narrow down the offerings. I am definatly going to go back in the summer months.

The one "complaint" I have is that in the suite rooms, which are all located in the renovated carriage house area, the noise level is not the best. What I mean by this is the walls are thin. We were in the Sail loft which was above the two suites on the first floor and we could hear the one suite (the lighthouse) whenever they used the fan in the bathroom (if it was like our room it was combined with the one light fixture in the bathroom) and the other suite we could hear when they were showering. I understand old buildings etc but maybe have some updates? Will go back for sure to stay in the main house in one of the rooms there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at the Oaks? Share your experiences!