“Welcoming” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Eastham B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights at this lovely old house just off US6, well placed for Provincetown, bay beaches, ocean beaches and all the other attractions of the Cape. It was immediately welcoming after a long drive, with coffee and home made cookies laid out, and a friendly reception from the staff. While we were there the delicious smell of baking often filled the house and the resulting muffins, scones, cakes, breads all appeared at breakfast time. Yum! The only drawback was that our room (Nauset) had a separate bathroom just across the landing. Not a big deal, but slightly inconvenient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Columbus, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I just stayed at the Inn at the Oaks and had a fantastic time. The location is terrific, though there is some traffic noise since it is directly on route 6. It is pretty, spotless and charming. Our room had a fireplace which we lit in the evening. We loved being able to store our bottle of wine in the refrigerator and have our own glass of wine in the evening before heading out to the Wicked Oyster for dinner - which was our favorite meal we've had all year - stupendous food, service, and ambiance (thanks to the recommendation from Kelly at the Inn). We loved the giant cranberry cookies and cups of tea we had out on the porch in the afternoon, very restful and relaxing.
I agree with the previous posters that a hot breakfast would be nice, but what was provided was excellent - perfectly ripe and cut up fruit, delicious baked items and good coffee. It really is plenty of food and of sterling quality. I would recommend this Inn highly and hope that we can return someday.

Room Tip: The Queen Garden room on the main floor is charming and has a door to a private section of the porch...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My friends and I had a wonderful weekend on the Cape and shared a room for the weekend. The staff at the inn were very informative and giving of their time to make great suggestions for sight seeing, restaurants, and local spots for shopping. Would like to personally thank Kelly, and Samantha for all their great tips. The room was clean and welcoming for us and the inn very cozy as we stayed up and had wine, and talked for hours outside on the walk around porch. We thoroughly enjoyed breakfast and the coffee was great. Although continental we have no complaints on the food. Plenty of selection. Nice addition was the locally made items and crafts for sale at the inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Bolton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My friend and I just returned from a ladies' getaway. We had a fabulous stay! The staff is so welcoming and helpful, the beds and common rooms are very comfortable, linens are wonderful, and the Inn is extremely clean! One thing - I do prefer a hot breakfast - pancakes, Belgian waffles, eggs would have been nice - but the continental breakfast was good and the coffee was delicious.
We will definitely be returning... next time we will bring our spouses!

Room Tip: Sunrise room offers privacy and the Nauset Room is great for friends traveling together
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Lehigh Valley, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Inn for 4 days this summer and had mixed feelings about the stay. The Inn and grounds are meticulously maintained, and our room was large and sunny. The building is air conditioned and was confortable and quiet. The staff was very friendly and willing to help us with our needs, both at the inn, and on the cape in general. Our disappointment was the breakfast, which was a cold continental breakfast. We love Bed and Breakfasts because of the creativity of the inn owners when they present a hot breakfast! This was equivalent of the fare at a mid level hotel chain. We spoke to the owner, who said they "might" offer breakfast sandwiches in the future- still not what we would expect from a top Bed and Breakfast!
Also, our mattress, although fairly new, was uncomfortable for us. Everyone likes something different, so it wouldn't be fair to generalize about it.
In summary, the Inn is beautiful, the location is great (near the entrance to the National Seashore), and the staff very friendly and competent. If only they would change their breakfast policy, the experience could be great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this Inn while on the Cape to get some writing done, so it was a bit of a work/leisure trip combination. I was impressed that Samantha, who had booked the room with me over the phone, remembered that I had a dog allergy, as I had just mentioned it in passing while making sure the room I requested, which was pet friendly, did not have carpeting. The room was very clean, so much so that I had no problem with my allergies. I was booked in the back cottage with the larger rooms, but unlike the last reviewer I did not have such an issue with the internet access as I found the many public cozy and work-friendly areas of the Inn that had good internet access to be the perfect places to get my writing done. Having the option to work outside at various comfortable settings was a plus as the weather was terrific. The Inn staff was VERY friendly and helpful in a non-intrusive way. The food was top-notch - they even had my favorite tea that I order over the internet. The location is perfect to take advantage of all that Eastham and the surrounding towns have to offer. It's nice that it is so conveniently set on Route 6, but is set back a bit so that you do not feel like you are on a main road. Very close to beaches and bike trail. I would highly recommend this Inn to friends and will definitely return myself! You really feel taken care of when you stay here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I found this place superficial. Staff is friendly. Food was disappointing and no internet in a high priced room in the cottage in the back. And still do not understand that the owner is willing to frustrate his guests in the back cottage without access to internet asking them to leave the comfort of their rooms to sit on the porch while it's raining to use their computer. THIS IS THE 21st century...even the Comfort Inn which is a third of the cost of your room does this...Amazon sells routers that would give all three rooms access to your internet for only $22.00. Will not revisit or recommend this Inn because of this flaw. Bath and shower had mold and rusty paper roll holder. As well as thirty year old stained soap dishes. Towels had bleach stains.

Room Tip: Choose one in the main house!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
innattheoaks, Owner at Inn at the Oaks, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
We're sorry that you stay wasn't as good as you expected, but thank you for taking the time to let us know about these problems. We've been trying to address the Internet problem in the Carriage House for months. We had a technician tell us that everything was fine, but after complaints, we did get a new router. Obviously Internet service is still spotty, and we're going to resolve this immediately. As for your concern about the bathroom, I'm surprised to hear about this. We have a great housekeeping staff, and most of our guests find our rooms spotless. Again, we will look into this immediately. We take any negative comments very seriously (and our positive ones , too) and strive to be the kind of Inn that everyone will come back to.

Been to Inn at the Oaks? Share your experiences!