“Easy and Casual” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in East Wareham
Cuisines: Seafood
“Easy and Casual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We have eaten at Barnicle Bills about once a month for the last 6 months. They offer Portegese style fish and meat dishes that are large portions which are very good. Seafoods all but 1 time very fresh. Order at counter and food brought to your table. Staff friendly and helpful. Good choice for a quick casual meal.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

MA
“Decent, just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stopped here for the first time, because it was literally on the correct side of the road. With construction in the area, couldn't easily get to my intended destination for some seafood!

Nothing fancy here. Both inside and outside seating. Wanted a lobster roll but they were way overpriced compared to other offerings I 'd seen all week.
Had baked shrimp instead. The meal came with 10-12 medium shrimp baked with bread crumb stuffing. Overall a good portion and flavorful. Opted for rice instead of fries - although nice and fluffy, there was absolutely no seasoning or flavor to the rice. Came with carrots as well - if the waitress had told me that I would have opted for coleslaw.

Other diners requested boiled lobster - they had run out, and were waiting for the truck - so I assume it's quite fresh and local .

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Valdosta
“Excellent fish and chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I don't get back to mass very often since we moved. But after growing up on the cape i crave good seafood when i do get back
I stopped at Bills this time and was really glad I did i only had the fish and chips,but was very pleased with it
The portion of fish was great and the fries were a pile of fried mana
I only ordered the small as I was in a rush to get going. Glad I did!
The portion was enormous for the price and the fries were hot crisp and delicious. The last time I was here (3 years ago). I was disappointed . This time i could not be happier. The place was redesigned, neat and very clean, the people were friendly and efficient and the portions were generous. I can't wait to get back up for more. Eat in- get the small
But take out- definitely the large it is enough for two.

Taunton, Massachusetts, United States
“Great clam rolls... whole belly or strips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Clams had light crispy batter and they had a large portion in the roll. Great cole slaw and tarter sauce and good portion of fries. Pub style cheeseburgers were also good size and taste good with lettuce tomatoe and pickles were great on the side, also with good portion of fries. Haven't been in a while and they are under new ownership for past year and a half per waitress. The service was good. The girl was pleasant and attentive. Will go again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Carver, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Clam Chowder”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

My wife and I stopped there today for lunch. She was pleased that they had clams on the half shell and ordered that to go with a bowl of really excellent clam chowder. I started to order a cheeseburger and asked if I could substitute onion rings for french fries. The waitress said no substitutions were possible. So, instead I had the clam chowder and a side of really good onion rings. They have a nice selection of beer including Samuel Adams, my favorite, so I was pleased about that. They have a nice menu and I'm sure we will return there soon.

• Visited February 2014