“Lovely motel in a quiet setting!!” 5 of 5 stars

Earl of Sandwich Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   378 Rte. 6a, East Sandwich, MA 02537   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in East Sandwich
Ontario Canada
“Lovely motel in a quiet setting!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

We stayed at the Earl of Sandwich motel twice this year, a week in May and a week in September, we had a nice CLEAN, QUIET, room in this family run motel (all the rooms fit this description!). Our stay was the same both times, truly delightful. Brian & Nancy, the owner/innkeepers, are a very lowkey, friendly couple who are interested in their guests having a wonderful time. Each morning they put out a continental breakfast, coffee, juice, muffins, breads and hardboiled eggs. You can eat at the picnic tables placed around the spacious grounds, or in your room. The motel is situated on Route 6A, one of the most scenic roads on the Cape, it's close to the bridges for off Cape touring, but, still very close to all the rest the Cape has to offer!
We are looking forward to staying for 2 more weeks in 2010!
Ps. Did I say it was CLEAN and QUIET?

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

I tell everyone how I feel about the EARL OF SANDWICH MOTEL. It's not just the super clean rooms,great location and price. Its the feeling that comes over me when I first drive up to spend a few days. I feel peace and tranquility. This is not just another road side motel. You see, the Cliffords, your inkeepers,Nancy, Brian and sister Rita have created the magic formula, along with being genuinely interested in your over all comfort and vacation experience. There's a lot of love and happiness here and it shines through by the way you're treated. Go there, sit under the canopy of tall old trees, feed their ducks by the pond, take a swim in the pool, pet their friendly dogs and relax and reflect. This place would make a great set for a motion picture, especially when the flowers are in full bloom. When Its time to leave I leave a little piece of me behind, it's so enchanting........Go there you'll see!!! Mike M. From Pennsylvania

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

My husband, daughter and I had a wonderful time. It is such a unique place. It's nothing fancy, but how homespun, clean and friendly. The Cliffords could not have been nicer!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
cranford, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

Loved the motel. It is great for family trips! Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The grounds of the motel are beautiful and ideal for children. It has a pond complete with chickens, ducks and geese! This family-run establishment works very hard to make you feel at home. My 11 year old son just loved it. The location is central to all the area has to offer. The beach was just a short car-ride away.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

We really loved this place! It was far above and beyond our expectations. I thought the price was very reasonable for what is offered. We were traveling with our 13 month old baby so my priorities were safe, clean, and quiet and we got all of that and more. Teh rooms were immaculate - with tile floors that clean easily and very nice luxury cotton bedding with a real cotton quilt. The Inn keepers are attentive and always on the property so I felt very safe there. Also, they have a 10:30 quiet policy - so we did not have to deal with any late night partying from our nieghbors. The greatest part was the grounds - lots of lovely grass areas with beautiful flowers and a big duck pond - my duaghter was able to crawl around and get some play time in before we drove around the cape each day. Also, I expected breakfast to be a box of Entenmans - But NOT So! It was actual home baked muffins in many flavors and hard boiled eggs and good coffee. We were very pleased. We will definitly stay here again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Duxbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

We would go back to Earl of Sandwich in a heartbeat. Booked one night and stayed for three. Just happened to find this motel while driving around. Loved it. Immaculately clean, Charming rooms and wonderful continental breakfast. The grounds were lovely and the pool was beautiful. Such a relaxing and peaceful place to stay. Location was perfect to getting around. The owners Brian and Nancy were wonderful. I left my phone charger and they immediately sent it to my home. Can not say enough good things about this place. Will definitely go back and have already recommended it to several people.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

This was our first trip to New England and Cape Cod and we were thrilled with our stay at the Earl of Sandwich. We stayed two nights and wished we could have stayed longer but we already had other reservations in Boston. This is such a relaxing setting. The staff is so friendly and helpful and if you are an animal lover you will enjoy the antics of the geese and ducks. The rooms were quaint and very, very clean. There are many interesting venues within a short drive. I would recommend the Earl to anyone and hope we have another opportunity to visit.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Earl of Sandwich Motel? Share your experiences!