We just spent the past 3 days at the Ship's Knees Inn in East Orleans, MA (cape Cod). It was a great experience. I had a hard time finding a place near a beach in Cape Cod. The only places available were very expensive and not very interesting. This one is not on the beach but it is within 500 meters (550 yrs) of one of the most beautiful and not so popular beaches in Cape Cod, Nauset Beach. The Inn is made of an old captain's house and it is located in a quiet residential area. It is set on a beautiful property which has been groomed like a PGA golf course. It has a swimming pool, which is nice considering that the ocean water temperature at this time of the year is so low that only the Polar Bear club members can swim in it. It also has a very nice patio with a gas fire pit and enough tables for all the guests to sit down apart from each others. They serve an exquisite continental breakfast that goes beyond my understanding of what a continental breakfast is. For example, they had some omelette in a tortilla shell. When we were there this past week, the inn was full and the place was yet very quiet. The guests, mostly couples, were friendly and greeted each other politely but were respectful of each other's privacy. Our room was a deluxe queen, it was in the old mansion, it had low ceilings but it was spacious, it had a large fireplace and a lot of charm. The bed was very comfortable and the place was quiet, except for the air conditioning unit that we didn't need at night anyway. It was an excellent experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the warmth and charm of a 190 year-old restored Sea Captain's home, just 1/4 mile up the hill from the world famous Nauset Beach. 17 individually appointed rooms, 15 with private bath, and 1 or 2 bedroom fully equipped ocean view "Captain's Quarter's" guest apartment. Our newest accommodation (2010) the "Nauset Suite" has a king bed, private bath and private entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Ship's Knees Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ship`s Knees Hotel East Orleans
- Ship's Knees Inn East Orleans, MA, United States