This year at the cape it was mostly a grey Labor Day weekend. At this time on the cape that means only one thing, no traffic! Our first night we had a fantastic thunderstorm with all the trimmings - but we were so snug in our Ship's Knees apartment, we confused the drama with a dream. We examined for evidence of rain over a delicious self-serve breakfast and hot coffee. Everyone in our party (the glutefrees, the light breakfast eaters, and the gluttons) was well nourished for a day of cape adventures. We enjoyed driving to local swimming spots and walking to Nauset Beach. After a stop at the well-named Friends Market, we enjoyed wine and provisions in our cozy apartment retreat. My husband and I shared a room that had been newly painted and redecorated. My mom had a private room and my sister slept on the large couch bed in the living room. It all worked out great and everyone had a nice view from their rooms. Cheers to Peter and his bride for all the hard work on the gardens and grounds. Oh, for dog lovers, a special friend will greet you in the office (for you non-dog folks no worries, he is very mellow and well mannered and mostly out of sight). We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the warmth and charm of a 190 year-old restored Sea Captain's home, just 1/4 mile up the hill from the world famous Nauset Beach. 17 individually appointed rooms, 15 with private bath, and 1 or 2 bedroom fully equipped ocean view "Captain's Quarter's" guest apartment. Our newest accommodation (2010) the "Nauset Suite" has a king bed, private bath and private entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Ship's Knees Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ship`s Knees Hotel East Orleans
- Ship's Knees Inn East Orleans, MA, United States