We've returned to the Ship's Knees Inn during July for the past five years or so, and have to say we really have enjoyed our stays. Of course we love the cape, and in particular this area. There is so much to do, great beaches, dining and shopping. That said, it's nice to have a place that feels so welcoming at the end of the day. The owners Peter & Denise really go out of their way to make sure everything is in good order, and that you are comfortable. They are around when you need them, for tips or suggestions, but never intrude.
The continental breakfast each morning, which includes fresh baked scones and muffins is a real treat. We enjoy our breakfast with the newspaper on the outdoor tables. The pool area is also a nice retreat for us at the end of the day, when we've had enough time at the beach. The place is nice and quiet, and they also have a real nice outdoor gas fire pit which is fun to gather around in the evening.
Again, we've always found the rooms to be clean, neat, and the beds comfortable. Everything was in working order for us, and it's always great when the weather cooperates as well. We've already reserved "our" room for next July! This is a solid pick for Orleans, and is just a 10 minute or so walk to Nauset Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the warmth and charm of a 190 year-old restored Sea Captain's home, just 1/4 mile up the hill from the world famous Nauset Beach. 17 individually appointed rooms, 15 with private bath, and 1 or 2 bedroom fully equipped ocean view "Captain's Quarter's" guest apartment. Our newest accommodation (2010) the "Nauset Suite" has a king bed, private bath and private entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Ship's Knees Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ship`s Knees Hotel East Orleans
- Ship's Knees Inn East Orleans, MA, United States