“Great weekend getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 East Orleans B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great weekend getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went there with my boyfriend to spend the weekend and even if the weather was pretty bad, we felt fortunate to stay at Ship's Knees Inn. It is a lovely inn, cozy and comfortable, with a delicious breakfast. The hosts are kind and welcoming, and they go out of their way to make sure that everything is all right. We forgot some items in the room upon check-out and half an hour later we heard from Peter to let us know about it, that way we could actually return to get it. I would definitely recommend it to other visitors and will most definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Highland, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband have stayed at the Ships Knees Inn five times now. We usually go in the off season for a long weekend. ALL of our stays have been wonderful. The room is always clean and in great shape. All of the comforts of home are provided. It's fun in the morning to wander the halls to the breakfast area where Denise has offered just the right amount of food for breakfast; fresh baked muffins, fruit, juice, coffee, etc. I would definitely recommend this.

Room Tip: The room with the fireplace is fantastic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Chester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was our first visit to the inn and we were quite pleased. The inn's website doesn't do it justice! We rented a suite as there were three of us and needed the space. Our suite had lovely ammenities and was very clean. We were there in the spring so it was not crowded and felt like had the place to ourselves. The cute breakfast space was comfortable and fresh baked items were available each morning, the scones were especially good. The innkkeepers were friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Our patio's chairs faced Nauset Beach and we could view the sunrise in the distance. We highly recommend the Ship's Knees Inn!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Everything in this Inn was just right. Our room was spacious and nicely decorated and clean! Breakfast was scrumptious, coffee always ready. Nothing to complain about whatsoever. I would highly recommend the Ship's Knees Inn to my friends.

• Stayed April 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Ship's Knees Inn was perfect for our weekend on the Cape. Close to the beach, bike paths and several good restaurants. Particularly enjoyed coffee and scones on the patio in the morning and a glass of wine in an Adirondack chair in front of our suite.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Newbury, VT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This lovely bed and breakfast lived up to its reviews and more. Our room was somewhat small but perfectly clean with attractive decor, a super comfy firm pillow top king bed and a great large shower. The breakfast buffet included fresh baked goods, fruit cup, yogurt, good coffee, and lots of toast able breads and bagels. We enjoyed access to coffee, tea, fresh water anytime. The weather turned warm so that we could enjoy the patio with lots if seats and even a gas fire pit which was not on yet. The walk to the biggest beach on the the Cape was only 5 minutes. The drive to town was more than 5 minutes, but that helped to avoid the noise from the highway. Our hosts were very helpful with tips for bike trails, sites, and restaurants. Perfect place to land after a day of sightseeing!

• Stayed April 2013
Goshen, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was my go-to B&B until I had kids. I love this B&B because of it's location close to Nauset Beach. I love the decor in the rooms, it has a homely feel to it. When I stayed in the room with the shared bath, I hit my head a few times on the ceiling and I'm not that tall. That was a little awkward, but it wouldn't hinder me from staying in the same room again. Parking is comfortable too, you don't have to worry about awkward pulling out in to traffic or anything like that. I've never had the breakfast there, as when I've stayed, I either normally rush out for something in the AM or I sleep in. If I were to sum up this B&B in one word, I would say "cozy" all the way. The people who run it are friendly and I look forward to going back someday when my children are older. (I have young kids now.)

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor with a private bath.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Ship's Knees Inn? Share your experiences!