“Perfect beginnings: my first trip to Cape Cod” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nauset House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Orleans
Nauset House Inn
You added Nauset House Inn to your Saves list
143 Beach Road, P.O. Box 774, East Orleans, MA 02643   |
Ranked #1 of 5 East Orleans B&B and Inns
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Perfect beginnings: my first trip to Cape Cod”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My seven-day stay was great from the beginning (following a very long drive in the rain) to the end (the end of July 4th weekend). The inn is clean and charming. The inn keepers, very friendly and professional. They serve delicious breakfast, with different selections every morning. There is a "Happy Hour", an opportunity to mingle and meet interesting people. Many of the guests have been coming for years. I know I will go back! And the Nauset House is within a short walk from the beach :) Wonderful experience! The room I stayed in was smaller (albeit very charming and clean) than I would like, but that's because I made my reservations late. i saw other rooms and they are spacious and very pretty. A lesson for me: make reservations early! And even though I had to drive to AEDP Institute every morning, I didn't mind because staying in the Nauset House was so very nice!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

What a magnificent and well-managed B&B. Everything about the Nauset House Inn captures the essence of summer on the Cape. The rooms and common areas are comfortable, the atmosphere is relaxed, and the staff are simply wonderful; to a person, they are friendly, professional, and attentive to detail. It's really hard to imagine a more pleasant stay.

I had a range of breakfast items during our stay, and they were all wonderful. The walk to the beach (12 minutes at my clip) was pleasant, even in the heat of the day, and we made good use of the complimentary beach towels & chairs. We will definitely return in future.

Room Tip: The little cottage in the back has extra privacy and good A/C (apparently uneven quality in some of...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
milford, ct
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The owner/operators of this B&B are an incredibly warm and friendly couple, and the B&B itself is full of charm and has a good amount of outdoor open space. Breakfast warm and delicious as well. Some of the guests we met at breakfast had been coming back for years and it was easy to see why.

It's a solid 20 minute walk to Nauset beach. We walked since the roadsigns said the beach parking was full (July 4th weekend), and other than the sweltering heat it worked out just fine. The beach was very very crowded, but the sand stretched on and on and on, so there was still plenty of room. It took over an hour to get ice cream at the food shack though :(

The night we stayed was just hot, hot, hot, and there was no wind. I ended up sleeping on the floor about five inches away from the stand up ac unit that we'd had on max for 12 hours. It was still too hot too sleep. If there was a breeze and it had been cooler (not uncommon from what the other guests said) this wouldn't have been an issue. But I don't think I'd risk staying here again till they re-wire the house to handle industrial strength AC units.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I decided that this past trip to New England was our most successful domestic vacation EVER! A large of that success is due to the incredible hospitality of the Nauset House Inn. (stayed 4 nights) From Judy & John our hosts, to the 5:30-7:00pm happy hour socials, to the amazing Outermost Cottage in the rear of the property...perfection. Also, I must say that the breakfasts were beyond expectation. Normally you are served what is being served that particular morning but at the Nauset, there was actually a daily menu with 4 or 5 choices. Whoever was making the eggs truly understands how to prepare them without sacrificing texture, flavor, and appropriate moisture. If you're fortunate enough to get a reservation at this special place, consider yourself blessed.

Room Tip: If you enjoy a rustic cabin feel, try the Outermost Cottage.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is our second visit to the Inn,It just gets better
Meet guests who we had meet the previous year & guests who had been returning for the last 29 years!
That should be a good indicator for how good this place really is!
Thank you Cindy. John & Judy for making our stay so great, The breakfasts so good,Such a great trip.
Thanks again.
Karen & Stewart, Uk

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Wakefield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My parents have been going to the Nauset House for 30 years, and this summer they finally let me and my husband share their special place. We’re so glad they did! Cindy, John, Diane, and Judy are all so welcoming and are a joy to talk to. We stayed in the Rosebud room which has a private interior stair next to the dining room and a balcony with two chairs (and a little peek at the ocean!). You can feel the love and creativity that has gone into this place everywhere you look. It’s the true definition of charming.

The breakfast each morning was excellent – fresh muffins and a selection of omelettes, pancakes/waffles, granola, etc. which changed daily. There are no TVs in the rooms, which is great in my opinion! More time to focus on the people you came there to spend time with. And you can’t beat the location – close to a beautiful beach and a short drive to pretty much everything on the Cape.

I can see why my parents have been visiting for 30 years! We’re already looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Rosebud has a balcony with a little ocean view and direct access to the dining room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stay once and you'll return whenever you can. An oasis even in the midst of all the Cape has to offer. And down the road from Nauset Beach.....the best in the world. Cindy, We first came in 1974 and were hooked immediately. Cindy, John and Diane have carried on a tradition of warm welcomes, inviting rooms and have become great friends. And the breakfasts are really good, too.
We'll be back in August.

Room Tip: Take your pick. They are all great.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Nauset House Inn? Share your experiences!