“Some things are great some sub par” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Massachusetts
“Some things are great some sub par”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We went to Fazios for the first time and we immediately liked the decor and the quick seating and attention we received, though as the place got more business it was harder and harder to see our waitress and get refill on coffee, plates cleared away and place a dessert order. We started with mozzarella sticks, these tasted the same as most everywhere, they were fresh and the marinara sauce to dip had a hearty flavor. We got side salads which were also fresh and had a variety of greens which I like over iceberg lettuce any day, the salad comes with a basket of a few slices of Italian bread. I am not sure this was house made bread, but they heated it up. We loved the lasagna which I would order again, this was very good, the pasta was perfect and again the marinara sauce was delicious. My order is what we didn't care for, I ordered the haddock francaise on top of some angel hair. The haddock was dipped in a breading fried placed on pasta and covered with francaise sauce. The haddock was definitely over cooked and was tough, the sauce was a pool over my entire dish and my dish resembled a soup more than a fish and pasta dish. I ate as much as I could of one fillet and didnt even touch the other because it was just overkill on the breading and the river of sauce. The waiter simply took my plate and asked it I wanted it wrapped, I said no. He didn't bother to ask if I liked it and it was more than half a plate of food on my plate. I would have told him if he asked. We got dessert the white chocolate cheesecake and this was a very small slice they brought to our table, also it was still half frozen, but the flavors of the cheesecake were nice and it was not so bad half frozen so we ate it because we figured it would be a while before we saw our waiter again and we were ready to leave. I would go back, not rush back, but I would def stick with a pasta and marinara type dish as it seems they do this the very best.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Best Pizza in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We love Fazio's Pizza! It's delicious and priced fair. Their fries are also very good. We usually get take-out. I wish that their delivery hours were expanded- especially during the summer. They don't start delivering until 5pm- too late in my opinion! We have gone inside to eat a few times and it was nice also. Nothing spectacular inside but the food is always very good.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“They are never open when I want them to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

I hate to give them such a bad review because I think the food is really amazing, but their menu says they are open until 9:30 and I have called around 8:40 to order several times and they tell me they are closing up. On like Thursday nights. Give me a break. Their customer service is so bad that it almost makes me want to never go there again. But their eggplant parm is just too good to pass up. I wouldn't recommend sitting inside, it's not that nice and kind of dark and depressing.

• Visited June 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MA
“Best all around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2008

Pizza and food are the best. The are a family-owned business from Italy. Better than all the chains - in the area.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook