“Huge servings and tasty food!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bradenton, Florida
“Huge servings and tasty food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Our family treated us to a delicious dinner here -- our first time at Nephews, and it will not be our last! Great hostess with a wonderful sense of humor! Ordered a salad for dinner, and it was too big to finish -- fresh and full of goodies! Hubby had a pizza, well cooked and tasty. Soup might have been a bit salty according to one in our party, but everything else was really good! If you have big eaters in your family, try Nephews!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Taunton, United Kingdom
“Now I know what a prime rib is!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Friends took me to this family friendly restaurant during a recent trip to New England. We opted for the inclusive dinner, which provides a super fresh salad to share, choice of soup, choice of bread, and choice of main with vegetables. I wanted to try a large piece of meat, and was advised to go for the 26 oz prime rib! It was phenomenal, and as my taste inclines towards less blood, I asked for medium-well done, and it was. I show what I had in the photo with this review. Of course, I could not eat it all, but enjoyed the rest for lunch another day. My garlic mash was very enjoyable, but I could not do justice to a large helping I've mixed vegetables. The server was efficient, and cheerful, and the whole experience was of a delightfully pleasant meal with four friends.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A nice dining event on a cold winters night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

A local eatery that always comes through with good food and big portions. Stopped with the wife and sister-in-law for dinner on a day that we had been hit with 9 inches of snow. Guess we were getting cabin fever, and Wednesday is normally their lobster special night. Our enthusiasm for the lobster special was cooled down really fast when the waitress informed us that because of the weather the lobsters were not available. The wife and her sister had Shrimp Scampi, they said it was good and had 6 shrimp and a ton of pasta, they though that linguini would have been better that the pasta that they used. Anyway they did enjoy their meal. Becuase we are going on vacation and I'm trying to shed a few pounds from too much dining out, I settled for a meat ball pizza, it was very good, just enough and plenty of cheese. I had three quarters of it, and saved the rest for next day's lunch. The nephews is a highly successfulm, always busy, good food (not great) but good, with decent prices.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lakeville, Massachusetts
“Just a disappointment, needs to change”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

No Credit or Debit cards, but they have an ATM so you can pay the service charges.
I have tried this restaurant a few times now, have given it a fair chance. It is hard to tell what the place really is ; diner? pizza/sandwich shop? upscale dining? pub? It is easy to spend 20-30 a person on a dinner but I feel like I'm eating in a diner or bar- paper napkins, plastic salad bowls, and that paper place mat with all the local advertisement pictures- ACME septic cleaners just not appealing. So I find it just an odd little place with only average food that is slightly overpriced. To review some food:the take out pizza for $5 single topping on certain nights-great, its close to home and those small thin crust pizza are a step up from frozen. Prime rib dinner dinner, $26 (plus tip, no drink) so $31 total. The rib was good, not great and certainly not the best, but the sides: bland canned corn, frozen mixed vegetables , or tasteless frozen broccoli steamed or microwaved, a nice side salad loaded with huge chunks of rough chopped red onion that made the rest of the salad overwhelmed with strong onion taste. Once I had the veal marsala,leftovers sent home in a Chinese restaurant style soup container- very weird and not appetizing. The veal, below average and wish I had not taken the the "veal marsala soup" home. Alfredo dishes just stay away, very poor quality.
My last visit I noticed an improvement in the service, especially the younger servers who were nice, pleasant and responsive. In the past some of the wait staff seemed miserable and had poor service skills- but I did see improvement.
No credit cards for any establishment with a menu of this price and bar is really a joke. And the sign that tells you no credit cards is on the inside wall and visible as you leave the restaurant. My first time at The Nephews was with my family, the check was over &120, I had to walk across the street to a bank to get cash from an ATM- now there is an atm inside the restaurant. But you can buy gift cards with your credit card, very strange rules there.
Top fixes:
#1 Get real and take plastic-cash only is ridiculous at a restaurant that is serving dinner and has a bar.
#2 Build a waiting area, way to difficult getting in and out those doors and around the railings.
#3 Classy up the place, cloth napkins, table clothes, non-plastic plates and spoons (paying $20-30 a meal one expects better than a pizza bar), and put some heat in the restrooms its freezing in there.
#4 Serve fresh food! Get rid of the frozen and canned veggies.
#5 Lose we "well the locals like it" attitude and be more open to criticism.

I hope the Nephews can make some improvements, it is in a great location and has a nice potential to be something great.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
ma.
“lobsters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Ive been going there for quite a few years and been preety much satisfied, But one time I got the big prime rib and it was lousy and pricey. But you cant beat there lobster specials. The pizza is very good also but it seems to take forever to Bake them. If you order one to go they say 20 to 25 minutes but when you get their you still wait another 15 minutes or more in that little foyer in everybodys way.

• Visited December 2013