“"It feels like home away from home."” 5 of 5 stars

50% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Dennis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Peabody, Massachusetts
“"It feels like home away from home."”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Turning off 6A into Sesuit Harbor House property is like entering a most peaceful and inviting home with guest houses surrounded by lush greenery. For the days that I was there I felt so much at home. Kim and Jim and their staff made me and my family feel so welcomed. The rooms were so comfortable and the cleanliness was superior. The wonderful (more than) continental breakfast was a great way to start the day. The grounds and the pool were so relaxing. The location in E. Dennis is excellent and close to many great beaches. Sesuit Harbor House will be my first choice for future stays on the Cape. Looking forward to returning. Barbara W.

Room Tip: Check out the website map and pictures and descriptions of rooms. Very helpful.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Durham, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was our first visit to the Cape, myself and my 4 children, and we couldn't have chosen a better place to stay! Kim, Jim and their staff were incredibly welcoming and the room was perfect for us. Even my 16 year old son smiled broadly when we walked in - he didn't want to leave. We were very sad to have only been able to book 2 nights and plan to return next year for a week. We were greeted very warmly, with homemade chocolate chip cookies and iced tea, great recommendations for places to eat (Marshside Restaurant was lovely) and beaches to visit. We explored all over the Cape and plan to return to this peaceful area. It's in such a beautiful, old quiet area but with great beaches nearby and central to all the activities on the Cape. They have a wonderful little gift shop too, unique and very reasonably priced. Truly couldn't be happier.

Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This was our second summer vacation at Sesuit Harbour House and our family is already talking about returning in 2015!

This year we booked a Deluxe Efficiency with Kitchen and I would say that this is our favorite room type of them all as it met our needs perfectly. The layout was great and roomier than I had imagined. Remember, you’re on the Cape so there’s little time to be spent in your room, but if travelling with children this would be an ideal fit. The kitchenette was perfect for small meals such as a pizza or grilled cheese sandwiches. While the kids and my husband were swimming I would run up and whip up a light lunch and we’d all eat by the pool area. The kitchen was also ideal for those nights when the kiddies crashed early and my husband and I would heat up some crab cakes and chowder (from Petersons Market) and sit and enjoy a meal and some wine. The large fridge and freezer was ideal for all our drinks and snacks. A lovely added touch was to find a bucket of ice in the freezer calling our names for our afternoon cocktails! The beds were most comfortable and there were numerous amounts of pillows and extra blankets which was heavenly. The closet was so spacious and open, and what I loved most was that it had a light! The room was well serviced with plates, mugs, glasses, bowls, cutlery, pots, pans, coffee maker, toaster, kettle, cookie sheet, tea towels, and dish soap. While it is only supplied for guests of four, Jim was so gracious to offer us more, as we shared a bbq meal with my family who did not have kitchen type accommodations. It was most hospitable of him and reminded me why we returned to Sesuit Harbour House.

The pool is a perfect size and never was there a time that I felt it was crowded or overly noisy, but instead intimate. There are plenty of lounge chairs and an abundance of pool towels that are laundered consistently. My boys loved the use of the beach balls, volleyballs, inner tubes and I treasured the floating loungers. The pool is securely gated and within a steps from all rooms of the property.

We made great use of the new gas bbq and had some wonderful dinners just sitting at the picnic tables. Which by the way are covered with tablecloths and so incredibly clean. The bbq utensils are supplied but do be sure to pack your condiments. One evening while my husband was grilling, the rest of us enjoyed a game of bocce ball right there on the property. The green space is so generous; I even saw another family throwing a ball one afternoon.

The continental breakfast is just ideal, especially when travelling with children. My boys loved getting their own toast and have a new love for raisin toast with cinnamon sugar. It was just a lovely way to start each day, sitting on the patio eating breakfast while hearing everyone plan their excursions.

The service is beyond anything I have experienced. I’m not sure if that’s because it’s the Cape, the size of the property, or just the way Kim and Jim operate things. But it was stellar. On our day of departure Jim came and found us to say a personal good bye as he was heading into town and would have missed saying good bye otherwise. Another hospitable moment of Jim’s that touched us. Kim is a dynamic concierge and knows her way around the Cape and made great suggestions on things to do. What I loved the most was when she asked “what are you kids thinking of doing today?”….and then the next time we saw Kim, she immediately would ask, “how was the ball game last night? “. Her genuine interest in what we were doing truly made us feel cared for; a very homey, and loving feeling.

I hope my review is helpful and encourages you to book your holiday at Sesuit Harbour House for I am more than confident that you will treasure your time here as we do. The only thing we would do differently would be to stay longer!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

When I walked into the Sesuit Harbor House, I felt like I found my own peaceful oasis. The staff were all wonderful. The room was quaint and the amenities plentiful. From yoga in the morning to the complimentary breakfast, everything was perfect. By far, my favorite things were the pool toys (rafts!) to exploring the beautiful area. The owners greeted you and made sure your stay was perfect. I was sad to leave but vowed I will visit again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dedham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We have been going to East Dennis as a family for years...many times we have rented at the Sesuit Harbor House. The owners, Kim and Jim are by far the most accommodating hosts we have encountered in our many years of travelling.

We had never met Kim and Jim before our first stay. They treat all visitors as family vs. a typical hotel guest.

The amenities are plentiful; the ideal location on Rte 6A which is by far the most peaceful side of Cape Cod in beautiful East Dennis; the spacious grounds are in close proximity to the ocean; the cleanliness and courtesy of the staff; the sun drenched pool; the home made continental breakfast to start ever day in their remarkable home/inn if one so desires.

We departed once again today with great reluctance after a pleasant week of peacefulness, relaxation and most importantly a friendly environment which we consider to be a home away from home....enough said, experience this gem and you wont be disappointed!

Room Tip: Various types of rooms to suit one's needs.
Milford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We just returned from several lovely & relaxing days at the Sesuit Harbor House. As soon as we arrived we knew we made the right choice booking there. Kim &Jim right away made us feel welcome and chatted with us. Our room was immaculate and comfy. We are lifelong vacationers in Dennis and know the area well. There is no better, reasonably priced hotel in the lovely area of Rt. 6A in Dennis. We will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Malta, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We found this place literally last minute when another place that we were supposed to stay in did not work out. We enjoyed our stay immensely! Kim and Jim are wonderful hosts! The place was extremely clean. A wonderful continental breakfast is offerred each morning. All of the staff were very freindly and helpful! They had many ammenities as well, such as bikes to ride to the beach, an outdoor pool, outdoor and indoor games, books, dvd's, beach equipment, outdoor barbeque grill, and a gift shop on premise too. It is centrally located to many beautiful bayside beaches, places to dine, the Cape Playhouse and the Cape Cinema. There is a public market nearby, as well as museums and gift shops! We would highly recommend the Sesuit Harbor House to anyone!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sesuit Harbor House? Share your experiences!