“jet ski nightmare due to rude office staff and van driver” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Other, Adventure
LaGrangeville, New York
“jet ski nightmare due to rude office staff and van driver”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

We were askied to show up 30 minutes ahead - no problem with that. There was one group who did not show up. We waited for them 35 min sitting in the van. The jet skiing was pretty good. Then at the end they wanted us to go back in the van - but we were meeting friends at the dock. it turned out that they don't charge your credit card until you come back to the office on the van to pressure you to leave a tip. So we phoned the office to let them know were weren't taking the van back and they could go ahead and charge our card. When asked about the tip, we said we were not leaving a tip because of the van issues and the rude driver. The office staff person said something like "a tip is expected" and hung up on us.

Visited September 2014
russell3817, Owner at Dennis Parasail, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Most visitors would agree that many of the most beautiful parts of Cape Cod can be difficult to find. Once found, parking is typically limited and expensive. Two years ago in an attempt to make the experience better for our customers, at a considerable expense that we did not pass along to our customers, we instituted a free shuttle service. The system is not perfect and we are aware of some of the special circumstances some customers require and are working towards solutions.

To address the "Pay after you ride" policy, we've found that most customers appreciate the fact that we guarantee that if the experience isn't what they had hoped then they do not have to pay. That's why you don't have to pay until after you go. For example, if you parasail with us and get motion sickness, well, then then that's not fun. You cannot argue that vomiting is fun and you should not have to pay for that experience in our minds.

We did discover that the van driver was burnt out, had decided that this was his last summer and was short with some of our customers when frustrated. Many season business have problems like this on occasion. He has been terminated.

Our office staff suggesting and untimely demanding a gratuity and then hanging up on a customer I find difficult to believe. It's far more likely that the cell service at the beach is poor, thus causing a misunderstanding or shortened speech to communicate while the call was connected and ultimately dropping the call.

Waiting for late guests really is an un-winnable situation. We try to help people out by giving them a few extra minutes but it's at the expense of the guest that arrived on time. People with appointments can't control every factor when it comes to arriving on time. I've given myself plenty of time to get the airport in the past and found accidents, road closures, and understaffed TSA check points that have made me miss my flight. It's unfair to the late guests that may have had such issues and it's unfair to the guest that arrived on time and it's unfair to us when we loose revenue. All we can say is that within reason we'll wait and if you have to wait too then perhaps it's comforting to know that we'd extend you the same courtesy if you are the one stuck in traffic rf have a GPS device with an evil mind of it's own.

Any unsatisfied customer is a tragedy for us and I'd appreciate the chance to make it up to your group with a free rental next summer. The rude shuttle driver is inexcusable and I can't apologize enough. Any business owner would agree that managing employees is an ongoing challenge where perfection is the goal but never permanently realized. Titling this experience a nightmare many be a little bit much and the bold print "Nightmare" on the tripadvisor page is a bit punishing considering the crime.

“WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

Parasailing was to be the highlight of my trip to Cape Cod. We (my aunt and I) booked the reservation and were 40 min early (they tell you to be 30 min early). They told us that the van that would take us to the boat would be 15-20 min late for our appointment. We took this news good naturedly -it happens. Where we were waiting, there was a group of very annoying girls who were exceedingly loud and giving us a headache. My aunt asked the woman if it was OK if we could wait in our car. The woman said yes and we just had to check now and then for the van. We waited, looking out now and then for the van. Finally seeing it, we went back inside thinking the driver would come inside to make sure everyone was good to go and whatnot. Well the van left without us. It did not wait for us to board, did not check to see if it had everyone. It just left. We asked the woman and she called the people at the dock and they said the boat had already gone out. Here's the part I don't understand. In a span of 5 min, how could they have arrived at the boat and boarded already? Also, the woman was extremely rude and treated us as if we were idiots and it was all our faults for missing the van. Here's my problem with that:
1) Don't they have a list of people they have to take? And wouldn't they check that list?
2) Why didnt they come inside to pick up the passengers?
3) If there was a possibility that we would miss the van, why didn't she tell us to just wait inside? 4) When you have screwed up (as well as screwed the customer over) shouldn't you be a little nice about how you treat them?
5) WE WERE RIGHT THERE IN THE PARKING LOT! How in the world could they have left without us? It's not like we drove away and came back - we were right there.
HUGE disappointment.

Visited August 2014
russell3817, Owner at Dennis Parasail, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Hi there. I can't apologize enough for the shuttle leaving without you. Business like ours are sometimes faced with a unique set of challenges. This is still no excuse. I'm the owner and if you would like you may call the office and ask for my personal number. I'd be happy to make this right for you if you'd care to give us another chance sometime.

Mike
massachusetts
“Awesome jetskiing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had reserved 2 Jet skis and the weather was not good. They were extremely accommodating and let us not only change times once but twice.Everyone that worked there was extremely nice and made sure we had a great time. The area they bring you to is wide open and plenty of fun.Will definitely do this again next year!

Visited July 2014
Beverly, Massachusetts
“My favorite activity on the cape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

My family and I go to the cape every summer and we always make sure we call Dennis Parasail and make a reservation ahead of time. The boat is always clean and the staff is super friendly. I would recommend this to anyone looking to have a cape experience with an adventerous twist.

Visited July 2013
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Thank You so Much!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I just wanted to thank you and your crew for an amazing parasail experience. I called wicked late to make a reservation--it had to be after 9 pm and there was a human being on the end of the phone who took my reservation!!! Now, that in and of itself is incredible. She was actually pleasant and courteous. I was really impressed. Our group had seven parasailers and 3 boaters. we all had a great time. Amanda in the office was so friendly and helpful that everyone quickly relaxed and we knew we were going to have a fun time. When we got out to the boat, Pete and Andy were incredible. We truly had a wonderful time and I cannot say enough about your company. I think sometimes people take the time to express themselves when things are negative but it is just as important to let the business owner know when things are positive. We love the cape and would do anything to support local businesses. You are running a great operation and I would gladly recommend your company to anyone and everyone. thank you again for making our vacation so memorable.

Visited August 2013