“Delightful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Dennis Port B&B and Inns
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Delightful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My daughter and I recently stayed in this lovely B&B; it was absolutely delightful! Virtually one block off the water, the location was perfect for beach and finding restaurants on foot. The rooms were charming and clean; the food was wonderful (both mornings featured entrees like quiche and French toast with a full complement of juice, coffee, fruit, and sweetbread). I absolutely would go back to this property; the price was very reasonable for the location as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We haven't stayed in many B&B's, but surely would if they met the standard set by An English Garden Bed and Breakfast. Our entire experience from start to finish was terrific - everything from the easy reservation system, to our host (Mark) texting instructions how to check ourselves into the inn in view of our late arrival. The room was beautiful, as advertised, and breakfast, as others have noted, was definitely a premium.

Just a couple of notes that others may find helpful: I don't know if the guests were simply quiet, but there was not a lot of room noise. Also, the location is pretty ideal in that it is indeed a short walk to the ocean, and Dennis Port is fairly centrally located on the cape. The room we stayed in was a little smaller than the pictures might lead you to believe, but certainly fine - smaller than a typical American hotel but in line with Europe and Britain. Last, our hosts were terrific: very friendly and patient in dealing with other guests who sometimes were a little demanding.

Lots of details are covered by the others, e.g., the flowers, ocean views, beach towels, good soap, etc., which make this B&B an excellent one. We recommend it without hesitation.

Room Tip: The upper, ocean-view rooms are very nice. We did not see the rooms in the separate guest house, bu...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed in one of the suites with kitchen, living room and private deck. It was absolutely perfect. The location was only a block away from the beach and easy walking distance to restaurants. Susan was so sweet and helpful when we checked in and out. The breakfast was homemade and delicious. I would go here just for breakfast if I could. Also the property has conservation land behind it, which makes it a great location to watch birds and small wildlife from the deck while you sip your morning coffee. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay. We will definitely be back again. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The AAA recomennded this B&B to me and it was a fabulous choice. The structure itself was charming, my room was delightful with a view of the water, the inn keepers were friendly and accomodating and the breakfast they served was beyound FABULOUS(five stars yummy delecious - in other words is was the best!). I asked them to adopt me. The owner was an Italian gentleman and his wife was an actress. The location was perfect. It was close to everything on Cape Cod. This was a solo business trip for me, but I met nice people to talk with. I would highly recommend it for a romantic get away too.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 202, It had a private balcony with a view of the water. I have pics but not dowload...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Trinity, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband and I got married and drove to Cape Cod. We spent 4 nights at An English Garden Bed and Breakfast and thoroughly enjoyed it. The breakfast every morning was awesome!!!! We met some very nice people at breakfast every morning from Ireland, Germany, and England. Our room was on the 3rd floor and we could see the ocean. The B&B is about a block away from the ocean...walking distance. The people that own the B&B were delightful and so very nice. Dennisport is located about half way between the cape so it was very easy to drive to Provincetown or to Falmouth. We will definitely be going back next year!!! .

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I've never written any review, but this time I couldn't keep myself quiet. My husband and I felt in love with this B&B. Anita, Joe, and their son, Marc are wonderful hosts. They are warm, charming, and full of hospitality. Who would expect to be able to exchange a one bed room with a suite for four nights without extra charge when you simply ask if there is a room available with a bathtub!! (We didn't know our original room had no bathtub when reserved it online.) We liked new thick towels, gas fireplace, washer and dryer, kitchen, and many windows all over the suite. We looked for their delicious breakfast everyday. When you sit in their lovely dining room with a lot of natural lights and wait for breakfast served by Joe in his apron, you feel like staying at your uncle and aunt's house. We will definitely recommend this B&B.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I am a teacher who was looking to "run away" for a few days over April vacation. While An English Garden deserves many accolades, I find that I want to keep it all to myself! I came upon this B&B by chance on the internet and while I was impressed by Anita's warm response to my inquiries, I fell in love when I pulled up to the place! I stayed on the second floor of the carriage house, and it couldn't have been more perfect. The gas fireplace was cozy on those chilly spring nights and the short walk to the beach was a super way to start each day. Dennisport is centrally located and makes for easy access to any area of the Cape.

I came home and immediately made reservations to go back in June, and while I couldn't get "my" same room, I have no doubt that my next stay will be just as wonderful and relaxing as my first. I think I am going to make a habit of this place! Thanks, Anita and Joe, for thinking of every little thing to make your place warm and charming and inviting. Can't wait to be back there! See you soon.

Room Tip: Truly - they are ALL good rooms!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to An English Garden Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!