“Just Drinks” 3 of 5 stars
Review of red nun bar and grill

red nun bar and grill
Cuisines: Grill
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Just Drinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We ducked in here to meet some old friends just for drinks. First off, if we hadn't had plans to meet another couple here we would of gone some where else because we couldn't find it! There is the smallest sign ever on main street and we passed it 3 times before we saw it. Frustrating.

Upon entering you can tell this place is brand new. It is a vast space that doesn't have near enough tables yet so it seems kind of sparse. Felt like a dance hall with a bar and a few tables scattered around.

Considering we only had drinks I cannot comment on the food, but there was a good beer selection if you are into that. The bartenders were attentive but the servers seemed to be in a perpetual state of confusion and chaos even though they were not too busy.

Hopefully this place will adjust soon and buy some more tables!

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Pleasantly surprised.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is a new and clean restaurant/bar. It was apparent that the bar area is the central part of the business - which is fine. The dining area is large and open and is on the Route 28 side of the restaurant. Lacked a bit on curb appeal but it was a unique style for Cape Cod – high ceilings, wooden tables, etc. The back of the bar had a huge waiting area with lots of high top tables. Very new wave casual.
We had an early dinner - around 6 pm, they were busy, but no wait. The waitress was sweet, informative and attentive. The food was delicious – Cape Cod Reuben; a special made burger with truffle fries (ok, not great – they were too large); a fish sandwich (husband complained it was ok not great) and something else. The wine was a good portion and quality – no complaints there.
I suspect that when the music starts this place is hopping. Definitely a great hangout for the younger folk. I think this restaurant bar is a great addition to Dennis Port. The price of the food was not unreasonable. I would recommend giving it a try. I did give it a 5 instead of a 4, because I think the previous ratings were a bit harsh; remember we are in Dennis Port.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston
“Brand new, still adjusting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

very large open area to eat and drink. there were 4 in our party and we all had something different, the food was very good for "pub type" menu. The waitress was attentive but still got a couple of items wrong. The owner who was on site did everything possible to make our meal right. The effort to make us happy was commendable, and it worked. There was entertainment but we left before it started. I would recommend this place, because its very casual and informal and the prices were reasonable for Cape Cod in the Summer

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Harwich, Massachusetts
“Burgers and beer, need I say more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I dunno why everyone is giving this place a bad rap on here. Its a bar and restaurant. Good food and good drinks. We have been a few times , seeing that we are locals and try to stay home away from the tourist's in the summer. We have tried the burgers, scallops, pulled pork, fried whole clams, fish tacos and the Cobb salad. All were great and tasty, typical pub fare but with great ingredients. The burgers are about the best around this area. The place fills up and can be on the loud side, but didn't bother my family. Wait staff is still learning here but all in all we were satisfied. Nice decor with many large screen TVs around to catch sports. Will be headed back soon to try some more beer, they have over 20 selections.

Boston suburbs
“It has to get better, downtown Dennis Port wants this to work!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

If it was easy, everyone would do it. A great success in Chatham, a startup challenge in this new location. I went on a quiet Monday evening, jokes on me. Nothing is quiet in here, terrible acoustics even make it difficult to order, at least I give a the waitress that benefit.

Its an extremely simple pub menu and we were very happy with the 3 good meals, all served hot and timely. Tried one of the 20 or so beers on tap and other than the waitress served one incorrectly, but was nice enough and the prices seemed fair enough. (ok, maybe she misunderstood me with the noise)

A runner serves the food and he was excellent. At that point I think the waitress took a nap or went to socialize somewhere else, it wasn't busy? Would have liked a second round for the table, but that never happened? When she came back and asked if we were done, we told her we'd like to see the desert menu, surprisingly she returned with the bill and turned away? Again, maybe she couldn't hear me, remember its LOUD?

I will try it again, hopefully some of the hard surfaces are covered to drop the noise level but someone besides me should be upset on the missed opportunity of a second round of drinks ($$$) and possibly a few deserts?

• Visited July 2014