“Cute, bustling hot dog stand!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 39 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
buffalo
“Cute, bustling hot dog stand!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

After a hot day at the beach, my husband and I decided to try something new and stumbled upon this little gem. We could tell just from pulling up that it must be good because it was packed! We put out order in after perusing the menu. I ordered the daily special, crab cake sandwich, and my husband, the junkyard dog. My sandwich was HUGE. A perfectly plump and delicious crab cake atop a sweet bun with all the toppings on the side. The sauce was a delicious spicy addition- that also was good with fries dipped in it. My husbands hotdog was everything he wanted. Bacon, cheese, peppers and cut up hot dog on a toasted bun. Everything was delicious, the atmosphere was awesome and the price was very reasonable! Will definitely return!

Cape Cod, massachusetts
“You won't be disapponted!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had heard good things about the Dog House, and decided to try it on a beautiful June day. My husband was concerned it was a hot dog joint, but he was relieved when he saw the varied menu. This is the kind of place you see on the Cape in the summer months.You order from a window and then sit at picnic tables-which by the way were varnished, clean and sturdy with colorful table umbrellas. I had one of the days specials-the crab cake sandwich. The homemade crab cake was very satisfying. The topper sauce was delicious and had just a touch of zing to it. Ordered clam chowder which was excellent. As I live on Cape Cod, I am fussy about my "chowda" and this passed the taste test. My husband had fish and chips. Perfect rendition! Light and fluffy fish-not at all greasy. And plentiful. The French fries were exceptional -browned, crispy,hand cut. When I saw the coleslaw, it looked a little creamy for my tastes, but I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it. A bit sweet with a little crunch and some dried cranberries sprinkled on top (so cape coddy). My husband had fresh squeezed lemonade and I had a fountain drink, the latter included not only soda, but sweetened and unsweetened ice tea and a free refill. The Dog House shows pride of ownership. Squeaky clean and everything is homemade. There was someone "stationed" at the condiment counter just to keep the area spic and span. There were lots of help behind the counter cheerfully taking orders and serving up the delicious food. The owner passed through when we were eating, mingling to see if everyone was happy. Any way, beside an interesting hot dog and hamburger menu they offer linguica, fish sandwiches, salmon burgers, chili, etc. Do try the Dog House!! You won't be disappointed.

Schenectady NY
“Very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Very good dogs and fish and chips! Owner was very friendly and staff was attentive. Will return
for sure.

Barnstable, Massachusetts
“Great dogs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

An old fashioned hot dog stand with outdoor picnic tables and all the fixings you could ask for on the side. The main attraction are the hot dogs in New England split buns, although there are soups and other food choices. I had the split bacon cheese dog, and my husband had the sauerkraut dog. They offer chili dogs and many other kinds. We split an order of small hand cut fries, which were huge and plenty to share. The adjacent hut holds all the fixings you need, condiments of every kind, relish, mustard, ketchup, onions, etc. A really cute place, yummy hot dogs, and friendly staff. Great place for families, friends, or couples.
When you are in the mood for a hot dog, this is the place to go. Great to take visitors as well.
Voted the number 1 hot dog on Cape Cod. Open in summer season.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NY
“Hot diggity dog!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a fun little hot dog house. The staff was perky and attentative. There is no seating inside, but there are picnic tables outside. We took ours to go. It is what it is, a hot dog place. We loved the choices and really enjoyed our hot dog.

Visited May 2013