“Very clean, Very convenient place, Very inexpensive” 5 of 5 stars

Oceanside Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   329 Main Street, Dennis Port, MA 02639   |
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Dennis Port
Acton MA
“Very clean, Very convenient place, Very inexpensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were staying Mon to Fri, 4 nights.
Our room was King size bed with kitchen.
The room was very clean.
Our main is Kayak fishing and Golf.
Many pond/lake are close and good golf course also close.
I introduce the place which we went to.
Finally, I have to say about the room fee.
It was low cost. We can live at this motel :)

Below is our recommendation.
Kayak fishing
———————
- Long pond : Yarmouth(4mile)
- Dennis Pond : Yarmouth(10mile)
- Scargo Lake : Dennis(8mile)

Golf
Chatham Seaside Links
This is 9hole course. The fee is inexpensive, it is only $19.

Twin Brooks
Wednesday is lady’s day. 18hole fee is $20.
This course is par3 course. However, very maintained and beautiful course.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Southbridge, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I recently had the bathtub in my summer home in Dennisport reglazed, so I was in need of a motel room for the evening. I decided on Oceanside as a huge sign on the premises indicated the nightly rate was $59. While in the process of checking in, I was told that it would be $89! This is a deceitful practice which tends to give the beautiful town of Dennis a bad name. I will be sure to tell all my vacationing friends to stay clear of the Oceanside Hotel.

Sharon

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Chelmsford, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We are always itchy to go to Cape Cod to enjoy the summer, but Cape Cod hotel are well too expensive for us. We had to hold this off for a long time, until a friend recommended this Oceanside motel. So we went to stay 2 nights last weekend and the experience was wonderful. The price was very reasonable for what they had offered. For instance, location is optimal, 5 minutes driving from beaches, restaurants, rivers, bars. We enjoyed ocean view seafood restaurant, and west dennis beach is mile long, very clean and easy to drive to and enough parking. Also the is river nearby for kayaking, and we also took battery powered pedal boat into lake, chasing gorgeous swans:-) So all and all, I would say it is the money well spent. I highly recommend it for whoever want to enjoy Cape Cod within budget.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
North Caldwell, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife, 10 month old daughter and I just got back from a 4 night stay at the Oceanside Motel. Don't let the name fool you, it is not on the ocean, but we knew that beforehand. Not really a big deal as it is close to everything you might want to see or do. There are a number of beaches close by, ice cream, mini-golf and a small arcade with bumper cars is across the street, and there are many solid restaurants a short drive away. The location is one of the things that this place has going for it. The other thing is that it is extremely reasonably priced. We knew when we booked it that it was a bare bones motel. Just a place to rest our heads for the night and be in a good position to explore the Cape. I am trying to be as fair as possible in this review because this property is under new management and is touted as having gone through a top to bottom renovation. The property states on their website that they have new beds, fridges, microwaves, flat screen televisions and hardwood flooring. This is all true.
There are also reviews touting the cleanliness of the motel. This I have to disagree with. The property's housekeeping staff does not have much to work with, and they really do not do much. Their cart had a garbage bag, some Lysol and a cleaner, which I do not think they used. The hardwood floors that they talk about are as dirty as can be. Our feet were black from walking around the floor barefoot. We had to make sure our daughter had shoes on at all times when she was in her walker. There was also some leftover shampoo in the shower from the previous occupants. If you happen to get out of your room after the housekeeping staff has passed you by, (for us it was 9:00 am), don't expect your room to be cleaned, bed made or towels replaced.
The other issue we had was with the "new" linens. They may be new, but boy are they cheap and they don't exactly fit the bed that well. I think that the owners should have purchased smaller televisions and used the money they saved for some higher quality cotton sheets instead of the cheap, uncomfortable polyester sheets that were on the bed. They were not inviting in any way.
One of the other things What is not mentioned is that the pool is not open, because they do not have their license to operate it yet. Keep in mind that they opened in May and it is now August, and nowhere does it say that the pool is not open on their website and we were not informed of this upon booking, and no one mentions it in any reviews of the hotel. We were informed upon check in that the owner will be taking the test on August 3rd, and that it might be open by the 4th. Well, we checked out on the 6th and it was still locked up.
To sum up, I guess the old adage, "you get what you pay for" is still true, or at least it is for the Oceanside Motel. For $100 a night for King Room on Cape Cod, I guess I should not have expected too much, but since they advertise the property and newly renovated, I expected more. Despite my negative review, I think that this property has tons of potential and since the owners are new to the hotel business, I think that there is a chance that they can improve the property and make it even better. I would hire a new cleaning crew that will thoroughly clean the rooms or at least invest in a swiffer wet jet and have them go over the hardwood a few times a week. Purchase higher quality linens for the beds. It will make a world of difference. Also, dead bolts on the doors would add some extra security for a motel located right on busy Route 28. Unfortunately, we will not be returning to the Oceanside on our next trip to Cape Cod.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We booked an extended weekend based on some on-line reviews. We rented a room with two Queens for my family with two kids. The place is renovated as mentioned by others, nice condition, new mattress, LCD TV, etc. The mini refrig and microwave work well for us. I also like pergo like hardwood floor. No sands when we checked in, it works great after several beach visits.

This motel is very close to the 1 mile mark of the popular Cape Cod Rail Trail. The Cape Code Waterways Rental is just two minutes away. We enjoyed power pedal boat to the Swan Pond. Restaurant options are good in the area, we like the Original Seafood. A Capecod getaway is not complete without beaches. We like the West Dennis Beach, warm water, mile long beach, parking lot holds one thousand cars. It was a nice getaway, we enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I started with a day trip. The cape has lots to offer, and the weather was so nice. What about stay overnight? We passed by this motel at Dennis port. Good, they still have vacant rooms.

The property is painted with blue, which reminds you are at the ocean side. The room appears to be renovated. The mattress appears to be new with all new linens. It is equipped with LCD TV, and air condition as well. Overall, it is very clean.

We're very happy with the stay. For the price we paid, we'll certainly be happy to return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Old Landing Motel
#5 of 20 in Dennis Port
4.5 of 5 stars 220 reviews
Travelodge Cape Cod/West Dennis

Been to Oceanside Motel? Share your experiences!