I went to the Breakers for a time-share pitch. Several of my family members own time-share and I thought I would look into owning as well. I arrived at the Breakers and was a little taken back by the facility right from the start. They had remodeled one facility, which looked more like a motel than a resort. It was a huge disappointment! The rooms I was shown were located in the new building built across the street from the beach. Most of the view was of a parking lot. One room did have a view of the beach, but you had to tilt your head to see it. The units were small and didn't have much as far as accommodations go. The area in which I was taken to hear the whole pitch was frightening. They said that they were going to renovate this area as well. Boy, did it need it! I couldn’t believe that they were charging people (at a reduced rate of $75.00) to stay there for checking out their time-share place. One look at the place would have made me run. It looked like something from the projects. The pitch was designed to make you feel like an idiot if you didn't buy their time-share. Frankly, I think if you invest money into the Breakers, you are in for trouble. The place doesn’t deserve a minute of your time. The "gifts" I was given were outdated and could not be used. The $100. 00 gift certificate is worthless. In order to get any money back (in increments of $10 every 30 plus days) you have to send in a form perfectly filled out and wait to hear back from them. When you finally hear back (months later), you have to get (exactly to the penny) $10 of gas and get a receipt for it. Then you send it into the company with yet another form (perfectly filled out) and wait 4-6 weeks. After that, if they feel you did everything correctly (if not, they throw your information away and do not contact you) you are sent a check for $10 and are given the next certificate to get $10 in gas. The process continues . . . You are given 18 months to use your coupons. Given the time restraints, you would never get the $100 in cash. The vacation for 2 is even worse. The first thing you have to do is go on line and register. That wouldn't be so bad, except when I put in the number they gave me it came up invalid. Therefore, I have a worthless piece of paper. On the bright side of all this . . . the Cape is a beautiful place to take a day trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two story rustic Motor Inn, ocean view or ocean front guest rooms, sandy beach; located 5 miles from HYA airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Breakers on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers On The Ocean Hotel Dennis Port
- The Breakers On Ocean
- The Breakers On The Ocean Cape Cod, MA - Dennis Port