“Off Season Escape” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Dennis Port
CT
“Off Season Escape”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Planned a romantic spring escape with my husband and narrowed ot down to the edgewater because:
a. I wanted a view
b. I wanted a fireplace/jacuzzi
c. I wanted central cape location for bike path/touring access.

I would rate it 3.5 if possible.

Edgewater is a nice property usually timeshares, price was fair for the room we had: Oceanview suite with jacuzzi/fireplace/kitchenette. Could easily fit 4 if needed but was plenty big for the two of us.

As stated in other reviews YES door to room opens into bedroom - this was not a problem for us and it shielded us from the strong morning sun.

The good:
Lots of room, very clean, kitchenette was great and welll stocked, full size fridge, bathroom was large & modern, jacuzzi was fantastic, view was great from room 235, comfy bed, lots of storage space for clothes/gear. beach is right out front, pool is nice etc. Only 2 miles to the CC bike trail. Ocean house restaurant which is fabulous is down the street (walkable).

The bad:
Fireplace wasn't working because it was too "windy" - so I would assume in winter it will rarely work as it's always windy. You can hear everytime someone in the next rooms showers or flushes & it is LOUD! Absolutely bring ear plugs. TVs are old, clunky, - they work but I expected a more modern experience for the price. Parking lot was torn up so we had to walk a long way to get to our oceanfront rooms.

I would consider in season w/kids if price was right but suspect it will be all booked with timeshare owners.

Room Tip: Oceanfront is nice if you can swing it but view is chopped by large swathes of wood between windows...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
DE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this property during the last week of March as part of a getaway with our timeshare company. Based on previous reviews, we opted for the 1 bedroom condo and I was glad we did. We had plenty of room and enjoyed our stay. We were on the 2nd floor with a wonderful ocean view. Upon entry into the condo, you were in the bedroom which led to the kitchen/dining/living area which opened up to the enclosed porch. The bathroom was of adequate size with two sinks and plenty of counter space. There was no closet in the bedroom but an adequate sized closet with plenty of hangers in the living area. There was a fireplace in the living area which we loved, with a medium size TV in the living area and small TV in the bedroom. The staff at the front desk was extremely friendly and always helpful. The suite was very clean and the kitchen was stocked with everything we could need. Since we stayed during the off-season, the resort was pretty quiet which we loved. However, towards the end of the week someone was booked in the room next to us and unfortunately when in the bathroom, I could hear them cough, muffled conversations, and every time they turned the water on or flushed the toilet..that was a bit annoying, but maybe I am just overly picky! Overall we had a wonderful stay and I would definitely go back in the future. Previous reviews had noted the enclosed porch had a jacuzzi tub, however ours did not. I am not sure if they took them all out or if it was just our room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Melrose, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week and enjoyed it. We did encounter two problems: 1) intermittent Internet connection that was completely down for three days (we understand it was fixed by the time of our departure); 2) noise from the heat system which was next door to the unit. It woke us up every night as it repeatedly turned off and on.
We would stay hear again, but not in unit #127 (and probably #128, 227, and 228 which are also adjacent to the noisy system)
Great mid-Cape location, right on the beach. Staff was nice and helpful. I called to see if I could borrow a fry pan (the unit didn't have one) and it was delivered within 5 minutes of my call.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bellingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Nice clean rooms, lots of room in the one bedroom suite. Great TV in the living room, small TV in the bedroom, roomy bathroom. Clean place, helpful staff, nice view of the water. I stayed there during the off season, the staff was helpful in keepng track of what restaurants are still open. There are grills on the grounds and outside tables and chairs . The kitchen was stocked with the basics for supplies, no oven but there is a microwave and stove top. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: U shaped building so all rooms appear to have a view of the water. Second floor is probably better...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Norwalk, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

After a terrible experience at another motel, we drove to Edgewater. There were rooms available and we were very happy. It was a 1 bedroom with a large bathroom, living room/eating area, kitchenette, and enclosed porch with a Jacuzzi tub. The view from the porch overlooked the water. There was also an electric fireplace that gave off enough heat so were did not need to turn the heat on. The front desk is open 24 hrs in the off season and the staff is very accommodating.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here for one week with a group of 5 in a two bedroom unit in the fall. Property was just ok, but definitely outdated and in need of a little TLC as indicated in prior reviews. Beachfront was good, but the beach itself was mucky with a lot of washed up debris. Front desk staff was hit and miss in terms of attentiveness and the gym area was very tiny and smelly (in the basement). The condo unit itself however was well appointed and clean. The two full bathrooms were great, and the unit made a very comfortable home base in cape cod. Location is close to Route 6 which is key for getting around the cape, and access to Boston. Supermarkets are also a quick drive away as well. No onsite restaurant but a couple nearby. Overall, this property is defnitely better than poor, but less than great!

Room Tip: Rooms in the middle block offer the best view of the water. Lower floors have a nice little walk-ou...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We traded our week for a week at this resort and to call it a resort is a bit of a stretch. It is what I have come to understand is comparable to most Cape Cod resorts, a nice location but basically just a converted one bedroom hotel room/efficency with a little more space. The strangest thing was to walk in the door directly into the bedroom. We had a one bedroom with a direct view of the dunes and it was clean and comfortable for 2 people. It would be very tight for someone to have guest staying on the pullout couch. My biggest complaint was that I had to make an appointment with my chiropractor as soon as I got home because the bed was so soft I had a terrible back ache for most of the week and even slept on the couch two nights. There was basically one small closet which I felt was ridiculous but I can see that there was no other room for it. On the plus side it was a nicely decorated and had a kitchenette, roomy bathroom and gas fireplace. It had a patio but there was really no private area outside at all,as we were on the first floor and the patio just had wooden fencing walls to separate the space from the neighbors. Everyone waking by were only a few feet away on the walkways. I thought if they had a roof over the patios it would have felt more private and kept the chairs and table dry because of course it had rained most of our week. The pool was clean and was in a "geenhouse" so we were able to use it even in the cool weather, and there was a 4 person hot tub. The beach was not what I expected because I was picturing an ocean and this was the sound, it was not too much area to walk on a bit before you encountered "Private Beach" signs shortly in both directions.The location was located along the sound in a residential area.The bike trails through this area were wonderful. It was very centrally located to drive in either direction to see the other sights of Cape Cod. We took the ferry one day over to Martha's Vineyard and took our bikes and road around the island. I might return to the area but I was not really impressed with this resort.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Edgewater Beach Resort? Share your experiences!