“Christina is a gem! We enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jonathan Edwards Motel

You added Jonathan Edwards Motel to your Saves list
Jonathan Edwards Motel
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   393 Main Street, Dennis Port, MA 02639   |
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Dennis Port
New York City, New York
“Christina is a gem! We enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I went with a friend for the labor day weekend and we had a wonderful time. Our room was neat and clean and Christina made sure that we were nothing else but comfortable. The pool was great and Christina made us feel as if we were at home. She works so hard and takes so much pride in her job. We will definitely be back next year! The JEM is a wonderful place to stay! The bed was so comfortable it was hard for us to get up and out! Cristina deserves a bonus!!! See you next year Christina!!!! Stacey & Dee Dee

Room Tip: Comfortable beds and spotless rooms!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Beverly, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

The website shows a nicely refurbished room. Not what you get when you check in. My fault I should have asked to see the room first. But I went by the hype on their home page. Firstly, no microwave, no refrigerator. The place was newly painted by I think by a blind person. Everything was painted including the windows. A/C strained to keep the room cool. The TV sound only went up 4 bars, so we had to decide which one was more important the a/c or the t.v. When the a/c was on you could not hear the tv at all.

When I took a shower the drain cover was not screwed on and my soap disappeared down the drain while the drain cover stuck to my foot. There was no extra toilet paper provided and no phone in the room.

The pool was dirty, filthy. You took your health in your hands if you swam in that filthy water.

All in all a terrible disappointment. They should be reported for false advertising, to the health department for that pool . I have never seen a room so bad in my life. I will never return there and wanted to warn others of what we encountered. It was also severly overpriced for what was provided.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
micsboxster, Owner at Jonathan Edwards Motel, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
This is to whoever reads this review above. The customer had made a reservation over the phone then cancelled the same day as arrival. We had no choice but to charge one night as clearly stated in our cancellation policy. Customer was upset and made all these false comments. Our pool is new this year. So you know the customer is lying. I have filed a claim with tripadvisor to remove this false review.
Mic
Troy, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Rooms clean...service great....convenient to beaches, activities, shopping and dining...rooms being updated...motel manager is a GEM!! She is so friendly and eager to help, she makes you feel so welcome and comfortable. She is always working and I think her boss has made a wonderful choice in his manager! She deserves a raise!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Troy, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

had a wonderful time at the J>E>M!!! Christina the manager was wonderful!! What a hard working women hope she is well paid!!! She was such a joy and took care of everyone at the motel as if they were her family!!

They are planning upgrades for next year!! Thanks so much for a great time. See you next year!

Peg LeRoux

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
micsboxster, Owner at Jonathan Edwards Motel, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Hi, I am so glad you liked our place. Christina is great and she does always treat everyone like family. She has been with my company for 10 years now and I hope for many many more years to come. We completly renovated the motel in 2010-2011 and have been very busy just trying to get open in time, so for next year we plan to put the finishing touches on it such as decorating the outside, some nice landscaping, flowers, lighting and the sort also for the rooms we want to make sure every room has refridgerators and we want to make available to everyone irons and blowdryers etc. Basically we should be a well polished machine next year. Thank You and hope to see you next year.
Mic
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We decided to go for 2 days in DennisPort and visiting Cape Cod. But it was a so warm welcome that we decided to sleep another night. Christina and her personal were such wonderfull people. We want to go back the next time we will going in Cape Cod. I felt like someone take care of me and my family. Great for kids and for couples. Verry clean, modern and calm. Please go and you will feel the atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

My family went to the cape for a long weekend to visit the Cape Cod Chip Factory then hit the beaches. The Jonathan Edwards motel was the perfect place to get a good night's sleep after a long day at the beach. It wasn't fancy, but had what we needed and the entire place was clean. The place looks like new! The kids loved the pool, and on the last day actually preferred staying at the pool than going to the beach! With kids, it would have been nice if the motel provided a quick simple breakfast like muffins and coffee, but the cafe across the street was more than ample. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
micsboxster, Owner at Jonathan Edwards Motel, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Hi, Im glad your family enjoyed the place. We just opened this year after completely renovating the property in 2010-2011. We had the motel closed for 3 years to make this place like new. I am really glad your family enjoyed themselves and hope to see you come back and stay with us another time. Since the cape season is so short we were so busy trying to make everything right for this year we were not able to provide continental breakfast. That is definitly on our list for next season.

Been to Jonathan Edwards Motel? Share your experiences!