“A pampering B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Conch Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dennis Port
The Conch Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Dennis Port B&B and Inns
Hamden, Connecticut
“A pampering B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had reserved The Conch Inn for two nights but extended our stay for an extra night. Jeanne was a gracious hostess. Each morning she prepared a delicious breakfast for us. This was not a one choice meal. OH NO!!! The courses just kept coming. The food included fruit, baked blueberry french toast (hot from the oven), eggs, raspberry tart, almond pastry and more as well as coffee, tea and juice. The food was amazing. Jeanne has a culinary talent!! She loves to cook and feed her guests. She always had time to discuss the previous day's activities and to make suggestions for our stay. Her true concern for her guests was evident.
The Chatham Room was cozy with a comfortable bed, private bathroom, great linens, air conditioner, refrigerator, television and much more. Although we didn't need the fireplace in August, it added to the charm of the room. The private entrance was a huge plus for us. We could sum up our stay with one word: WOW. The centrally located inn was reasonably priced for all that you get. We would recommend The Conch Inn to anyone who wants to experience a pampering B&B!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tobikiko, Owner at The Conch Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
What can I say when I have guests as nice as you two. This lovely couple actually brought delicious treats with them for their host to sample. If this was not enough they took the time to email the recipes as well. I can't wait to see them again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Riverton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

If you dream of staying in a luxurious home-away-from-home, then The Conch Inn is the place for you. You will be pampered by Jeanne from the moment you arrive!
The accommodations leave nothing wanting. You will find a comfortable bed, high-quality linens, refrigerator, television, books and magazines, coffee and tea, plush robes, a wide assortment of bath and body products, an outdoor seating area, and a fireplace to sit by in the colder months. If there’s something you look for in your room that isn’t mentioned here, you will probably find it there.
And then there are the breakfasts! Oh, the breakfasts! There will be enough food to keep you full until dinner, so save your lunch money for shopping. Look forward to fresh fruit and juices, yogurt, frittatas, breakfast pizzas or casseroles, muffins, eggs, bacon – just to name of few of the delicious foods we have savored in the many times we have stayed at The Conch Inn. Jeanne loves to cook and it shows.
You will not find a more kind and generous hostess than Jeanne. She will provide you with everything you need to make your stay a perfect one, from offers of drinks and snacks, to recommendations for dinner and daytime activities, to a friendly chat in the sitting room. Be sure to chat with Doug, too; he is every bit as kind and you’ll want to compliment him on the renovation work he did that has made the house such a beautiful bed and breakfast. Tobi, the house Shih-Tzu, is sweet and well-behaved. He won’t bother you if you don’t love dogs, but he will relish your affection if you do.
The Conch Inn is close to a lot – you can walk to several restaurants, a bakery, the beach, and The Sundae School (the best ice cream on the Cape). It’s a short drive to many other amenities and attractions.
Once you’ve stayed at The Conch Inn, you won’t want to stay anywhere else when you visit the Cape.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tobikiko, Owner at The Conch Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
I am speechless.....how very kind. One wonders if the writer has missed her calling as this was such a polished, comprehensive body of work. Many many thanks for taking the time to do this, it meant the world to me.
Huntersville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed for four nights and had a wonderful experience. The rooms were cozy and had all the luxuries needed-plus we really liked having our own entrance. As many of the other reviewers have said the breakfasts are amazing-Jeanne has a whole meal waiting for you each morning and its always delicious. We also really liked that they have beach chairs/umbrellas and whatever else you need avail(when traveling from NC you can't pack all your beach stuff on the plane) and she had great recommendations too. When we come back we will def stay again and will recommend her to anyone else that is traveling that way and the price is so reasonable esp for the Cape!

Tobikiko, Owner at The Conch Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thanks for your kind review. I'm glad you had a good time here. I know how lucky I am to live here and to own my little Inn. As you know I love to cook for my guests and am always looking to improve the service I can give my guests. I do hope you two can make it back here as there is so much to see and do plus I would enjoy having such amiable guests back. Tobikiko's mom
Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband stayed for 5 nights. Jeanne welcomed us with open arms. We hit it right off. I had looked around quite a bit and found The Conch Inn to be centrally located on the Cape, close to the beach and bike trail and very reasonably priced, but the clincher to booking the week was talking to Jeanne on the phone. I felt welcome without even being there. Coffee at 5am when we were up and a great breakfast every morning from breakfast pizza (my husband's favorite), eggs benedict, baked blueberry french toast, pancakes, turnovers, fruit and more! We didn't eat until dinner every night. The location is great if you are looking to explore Cape Cod. 30 miles up to Provincetown and about 50 minutes down to Woods Hole to catch the ferry to Martha's Vineyard. Jeanne and her husband Doug joined us for dinner a couple of nights which gave us some good company along with making new friends. Probably the cutest thing was Doug taking Tobey their dog to the park every morning on his bicycle in a basket on the front. Lovely people and very gracious hosts. Thank you very much for a great time!

Tobikiko, Owner at The Conch Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I am so glad you chose our little Inn for you first vacation in five years. What fun you two are. I do hope you decide to take another vacation next summer and come and see us again. Tell Mike retirement shouldn't be so hard! Eva thanks for all your good advise. The ultimate awesome duo!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights and had a great experience. The bed and comforter were so comfortable! My husband is still talking about the big homemade breakfasts! Jeanne (the owner) was very nice and knowledgeable about the area. She made us feel at home and even greeted us with a small bag with beach towels and sunscreen. We will definitely stay there again whenever we get a chance to make it back to the cape.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tobikiko, Owner at The Conch Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
You two get the best all around "good sports" award. Despite the uncooperative weather I think you two managed a good vacation stay. I thank you for your kind words and for choosing the Conch Inn for your destination
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We used tripadvisor to find a reasonably-priced place to stay for a few nights. Jeanne was very sweet and helpful, and her breakfast was delicious. Our room was wonderful - we stayed in the Wellfleet. We loved the privacy of the room...there was access to the balcony from our car. Also, the bed was super-comfy! This place is very charming, and we're so glad we stayed here.

Tobikiko, Owner at The Conch Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
You two were so charming. It was my pleasure to have you as guests. I wish you two the best in your next life "adventure". You two will do great .....call me or email me anytime to "share the news". Hasta la vista!
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Conch Inn for my birthday weekend. We wanted to be close to the bike trail, so the location was perfect. Jeanne greeted us warmly and showed us around. We found a bottle of wine waiting for us in the room. She was extremely generous with us: gave us an afternoon snack, made us tea, even offered us to take a look at other rooms if we wanted to change the room we initially picked because a couple of other rooms were available. We felt like we were very special guests.
The best part came next morning, however. The breakfast was phenomenal. We've never eaten such great food (and we have high standards). Additionally, Jeannie cooked it in front of us, which was a nice thing. It just shows you that the food is fresh and homemade (and not some reheated frozen pancakes or muffins from the box).

The breakfast next morning was completed different from the day before, and it was again a culinary experience! We are used to staying at B&Bs and kind of know what to expect for breakfast. One B&B we stay at in New Hampshire has served us the exact same food (down to the type of muffins they make) every time we stayed there in the past 3 years. So imagine our surprise when we saw Jeanne's culinary creations.

We had a lovely conversations with Jeannie and Doug and felt very welcome at Conch Inn. Both Jeanne and Doug are very friendly and social and they make an effort to get to know you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tobikiko, Owner at The Conch Inn, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
It was wonderful meeting such interesting guests and a pleasure to be a part of the birthday celebration. It was so much fun. I liked the fact that you appreciated healthy and nutritious food. I hope you visit us again soon and bring your little dog too.

Been to The Conch Inn? Share your experiences!