“Great food before a show” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Dennis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Chatham, Massachusetts
“Great food before a show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband and I love to visit the Scargo before going to a show at the Playhouse across the street. We have been going for many years and the food and service has always been great. This year, due to poor show selection, we will not be going to the Playhouse but we will continue to make trips to the Scargo Café!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tayport
“Won't set foot inside again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were taking a drive around Cape Cod, our first visit to the area. It was a Sunday afternoon and we decided to stop for a coffee and a cake. Seeing a place called Scargo Cafe, we thought we had hit pay dirt. We went in and stood in the foyer for a while, smelling the enticing aroma of brewing coffee. Eventually, fed up of being ignored by the staff, some of whom were doing very little, my husband went and found a seat whilst I went to use the facilities. On the table was a menu of different desserts. I came back to find him still unattended. Before I got chance to sit down a waitress did come across asking if we had been seated. We said no, and asked for coffee. We were then told that those seats were for eating only and if we wanted coffee there was a place about half a mile down the road! We weren't offered alternative seating, which was available, we weren't asked if we wanted cake with our coffee, we were just made to feel that we were person no grata! This place may have a good reputation, but we were not on the receiving end of it. Fortunately we found another place in Yarmouth, Oliver's, where we were welcomed and had the best cake ever! ( and cheaper!)

Visited January 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This was our first visit and we were very happy we went . On a very dark rainy cold night the restaurant was very comfortable and inviting. Our server Betsy was very pleasant and available when we needed her. We enjoyed the warm bread before our meals. I had the "famous" Scargo scallops with rice and yes they were delicious.
I look forward to going back again

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cape Cod
“Cares for Customers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

My friends and I recently went to Scargo Cafe for lunch. I had not been in years, to tell the truth. I found the menu to be more expensive, and the lunch selections fewer. They did have a host of full entrees to offer, but I was interested in just lunch, not a full meal. I found a chicken sandwich on the menu which contained apples and brie cheese, which was good. My friends had everything from a Caprese sandwich to spaghetti squash to some sort of encased in pastry entree. They all thought the food was good, too. Not fantastic, but worth returning for. The waitress was a bit brusk, but I think that was because they were very busy for a Thursday afternoon lunch. Though I did note that the owner, looking like he was on his way out, stopped, took off his coat and cleared tables and did what he could to make things run smoothly. This is a business that obviously cares for their customers and works to keep them coming back. Would I return. You bet. But, perhaps for dinner, not lunch. It is worth a visit.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Marstons Mills, Massachusetts, United States
“Always excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was our fourth or fifth trip to this restaurant and they did not disappoint. The food is always excellent and great quality, the service is great as well. Its worth the wait.

Visited December 2013